I don't get it really..

RedZone

16 minutes ago, RedZone said:

I guess it's just the way it is and will be.....

Those people at the beach just aren't very bright at all.....sad.

With them, it is ideological. Their leader is sending them to their death. I never got why anybody would ever trust in DJT. I lived in NYC back in the 1980s and very early 1990s. It was very obvious to me back then that the man was a fraudulent blowhard and probably of unstable mind. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

People choose to make stupid ass decisions all the time. Drive drunk, take drugs etc.  there just isn’t any CNN news cameras to capture the narrative.  There’s no difference in these people making dumb decisions as anyone else in the world making another stupid choice 

The thing with alcohol and drugs in your ex is that those are addictive habits so folks could be making decisions with impaired thinking.  They are going in with both eyes wide open with the virus.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

The thing with alcohol and drugs in your ex is that those are addictive habits so folks could be making decisions with impaired thinking.  They are going in with both eyes wide open with the virus.  

The cabin fever and freedom to do what is desired in society has people’s judgement cloudy. Call it U.S. Privilege

4 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

The cabin fever and freedom to do what is desired in society has people’s judgement cloudy. Call it U.S. Privilege

So they lack discipline? My goodness, you can go out, enjoy nature, outdoors and freedoms but still exercise safe measures, and that’s too much for some? 

• Like 3

Just now, Troll said:

so what's different about this flu than all the others???

No immunity due to it being a  new virus. Also, the death rate seems a bit higher. Other than that not that much. But the lack of immunity in the population is especially a big deal. I have not had regular flu in over 30 years. So, between that and the relative ineffectiveness of the vaccines, I pass. With this virus, I would not. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

No immunity due to it being a  new virus.<<NOT ANY DIFFERENT  Also, the death rate seems a bit higher. <<<NOT NEW  Other than that not that much. <<<SO YOU THINK THIS ENOUGH TO STOP NORMAL LIVING???  But the lack of immunity in the population is especially a big deal. <<<Which sequestration delays it extends but does nothing to ease, and can wind up actually giving a 'mutating' virus the advantage here.  ...I have not had regular flu in over 30 years. <<BINGO So, between that and the relative ineffectiveness of the vaccines, I pass. <<prudent to not supplement chemicals when not needed. With this virus, I would not. VVV again below....

so what's different about this flu than all the others???  (that would cause you to volunteer for a needle with unknown consequence, where you never would have otherwise....and please don't tell me it's just what the 6 o'clock news tells you...)

• Thumbs Down 1

The difference between this flu and the other is clearly infection rate. Without social distancing, this flu was averaging around a 5 on the scale, meaning a person with it would likely infect 5 or more people, then, with social distancing in effect that number has plummeted below 1. 

That is the clear difference between this one and our normal flu. The more large gatherings the higher that infection percentage number will rise again.

People are certainly going to make their own decisions about whether they're willing to risk it. 

From my own personal perspective, this one is more dangerous as I know more people affected to the point of hospitalization with this one than the other, and the other has been around my entire life while this one since Nov., so that's saying something in my opine. 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, FootballGuy said:

But these numbers are fake and it's a fake virus according to a lot of dumb ass people...smh. I guess if it hasn't directly affected them then they won't believe it. 

This. 

Sadly its but a tv event to many in red states. Until there mother and daughter get it, they will just change the channel. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Risk is only high amongst certain specific demographics.

We suspected this for awhile and know it to be true now.

Keep these people locked down (ex. nursed and assisted care homes) and engaged in safety protocols.

Part of keeping people (at large) healthy and safe is having a healthy economy that allows them to be cared for and care for themselves.

A lot of those people are probably spending tbeir little stimulus money and unemployment money....they might wish they had saved some of it....most will survive and live to brag about it (virus ain't shit type stuff), but MAN. Totally selfish people thinking only of their good times.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The difference between this flu and the other is clearly infection rate. Without social distancing, this flu was averaging around a 5 on the scale, meaning a person with it would likely infect 5 or more people, then, with social distancing in effect that number has plummeted below 1. 

That is the clear difference between this one and our normal flu.

Nice guess !!!!

Sorry but No...

giphy.gif

Stopping the flu and the coronavirus from spreading

The flu and the coronavirus spread in the same way: via viral particles that travel between people in tiny droplets or saliva and mucus. If a sick person sneezes, coughs, or eats within 3 to 5 feet of someone healthy, the particles could land on the healthy person; if the particles enter the person's eyes, nose, or mouth, the person can become infected.

The flu is extremely efficient in passing among people before an infected person shows symptoms. But the coronavirus doesn't operate in quite the same way.

"COVID-19 does not transmit as efficiently as influenza, from the data we have so far," Ghebreyesus said.

That means containment is still possible, he added.

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-compared-to-flu-mortality-rates-2020-3

PS: WE WERE SOLD ON DEATH RATE....WHICH WAS FALSE....

BTW: got any other guesses?

🤔

40 minutes ago, Troll said:

so what's different about this flu than all the others???  (that would cause you to volunteer for a needle with unknown consequence, where you never would have otherwise....and please don't tell me it's just what the 6 o'clock news tells you...)

This is a Coronavirus, but it is not a strain of the flu. Why will I get vaccinated when there is a vaccine out there? Simple: to me it would be worth the risk. The genetic difference among the different strains of flu, are far less that the differences between those different strains of flu and this virus. I have not had the flu in over 30 years, so I assume I am immune. I have no such assurance with this virus and have no intention being a sacrificial lamb.

It you want to take the risk, it is up to you. I would advise you not to, but you are a big, educated man, so far be it from me to tell you what to do. You will have to make your own assessment. As for me, I am glad I am retired and don't have to put myself out there daily!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Swine flu in the US from apr 2009-apr 2010 there were ~13K deaths in the US.  Coronavirus has ~100k deaths in only about 5 months 

It has over 100k deaths in three months. That is pretty shocking as it has just about doubled the number of American soldiers killed in Vietnam.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Troll said:

Nice guess !!!!

Sorry but No...

giphy.gif

Stopping the flu and the coronavirus from spreading

The flu and the coronavirus spread in the same way: via viral particles that travel between people in tiny droplets or saliva and mucus. If a sick person sneezes, coughs, or eats within 3 to 5 feet of someone healthy, the particles could land on the healthy person; if the particles enter the person's eyes, nose, or mouth, the person can become infected.

The flu is extremely efficient in passing among people before an infected person shows symptoms. But the coronavirus doesn't operate in quite the same way.

"COVID-19 does not transmit as efficiently as influenza, from the data we have so far," Ghebreyesus said.

That means containment is still possible, he added.

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-compared-to-flu-mortality-rates-2020-3

PS: WE WERE SOLD ON DEATH RATE....WHICH WAS FALSE....

BTW: got any other guesses?

🤔

We are clearly still learning about this virus, man. It's called novel for a reason. It's new on the scene and we are learning about it on the fly. 

Idk about that particular doctor, I'm sure if we look hard enough we can find someone saying hydrochloroquine is effective also. 

The R-Nought value for the influenza a and b viruses is around 1.3, which means that an infected person will likely infect one to two others. The novel coronavirus had an R-Nought value of as high as five early on, but with the applied measures dropped below 1 to bring the average to around 3 currently. It's not me guessing, anymore than it's you guessing. 

This is a week old study vs. that old March stuff you have posted. I'll go with the newer study.

https://www.livescience.com/new-coronavirus-compare-with-flu.html

Try gonging your ownself. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1