George Floyd’s Death and Protests

24 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

For the Record Black people are extremely appreciative of my knowledge of History and I am afforded the opportunity to teach it to them and share this with them so they know that things are not as different as the His-Story crowd wants others to believe.  Each one Teach one and I don't give a damn about you not being appreciative or supportive.  Believe me I don't. 😃  Show me where I am Lying in anything I posted:   I feel sympathy for you that you have such a hateful History. 

800px-Mrs._Frazer_Baker_and_children._Family_of_the_murdered_postmaster_at_Lake_City%2C_So._Carolina%2C_LCCN2011648501.jpg

Lynching of Frazier B. Baker and Julia Baker

Lavinia Baker and her five surviving children. A mob of whites had set fire to their house at night, and fatally shot and killed her husband Frazier Baker and baby girl Julia on February 22, 1898.   The last one died in 1949.  Want to bet your Revisionist History that their kids who are my age and  Grand Kids my son's age are equally pissed over Arbery and George.  Go tell them it was too long ago. 

There was a time when Republicans were awesome and President William Mckinley Apointed Mr. Frazier postmaster of Lake City, South carolina in 1898 the  local whites objected and had undertaken a campaign to force his removal. When these efforts failed to dislodge Baker, a mob attacked him and his family at night at their house, which also served as the post office. They, awoke to find their house on fire, he attempted to put it out with no success and sent his son to go seek help.  As soon as he opened the door he was met with gunfire and was pulled back inside. As the fire grew he stated “might as well die running as standing still” before he could open the door a bullet struck and killed his 2 year old daughter. Seeing this he threw the door open and was cut down in a hail of gunfire.  The others except 2 received wounds and hid in a field till the fire died down.  They were being pursued.  Of course a all white jury of business men  did not indict them.  Whites asked that the post office be reopened and mail service restored. Many African Americans derided this as hypocritical.
The lynching was defended by those who agreed with South Carolina Senator Benjamin Tillman, who said the "proud people" of Lake City refused to receive "their mail from a Nigger (Arbery's killer called him the same in 2020)  The Williamsburg County Record called the lynching "the darkest blot upon South Carolina's history." It said that the McKinley administration was also to blame for "thrusting venal negro henchmen into Southern offices of trust.

Look at this: 
In 1918, the St. James AME Church was constructed on the site of Baker's burned post office and house. On October 5, 1955, the church was burned down.  Racists had warned Delaine that he lived "where the black postmaster was shot to death many years ago

There was a mass meeting held at the Emmanuel AME Church ON 1898 to help the survivors>  YES THE ONE DILLON ROOF TARGETED AND LYNCHED BLACKS IN THE SAME MANNER A FEW SHORT YEARS AGO IN THE SAME FASHION.  HE KNEW THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THAT CHURCH AND TARGETED IT FOR THAT HISTORY.  FUCK YOUR TUTELAGE.

February 1897 Baker Lynching  and Dylann Roof Lynching in 2015.   EERILY SIMILAR BUT OF COURSE THAT WAS TOO LONG AGO.  

Dylann Roof takes over his defense as jury mulls death penalty for ...

For the record I am extremely appreciative of your posting this history, past and present.  Knowledge has never diminished me in any way and i have only increased.  

Keep it up my brother.  I'm not afraid of the truth.  Just afraid of sharks...and maybe bears.  😀

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

That MOFO said "James Byrd was lynched 22 years ago".  See the devious nature.  As if 22 years ago was fucking 222 years ago.  WTF. 

His ancestors have been saying that for 400 years well he was lynched 30 years ago or well he was lynched 22 years ago. The problem is no one should ever say someone was lynched 22 years ago in a Nation that claims "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"..  That's the Tricknology that has been perfected.  You cannot under any circumstances allow he who has abused you for 400 years teach you a damn thing about civility or what you need to focus on.   

So now I'm a "MOFO"?

Maybe the "devious nature" belongs to someone who refers back to one event 22 years ago but acts like it happens every day. 

Maybe the "devious nature" belongs to someone whose people (since that seems to be the preferred way of addressing things?) are killing 2x+ the number of another group yet would have us believe it's the other way around.

I would note - as this has been communicated to you very clearly and multiple times - that you are just flat out lying about "my" ancestors.  You would not be able to find a single ancestor of mine to tie to your rage rants. Not one. Nobody on a plantation. Nobody involved in a lynching. Nobody crewing or running a slave ship. Nobody. 

Rage on DD. I'm sure the dead folks you constantly talk about are hearing you loud and clear.

• Thumbs Down 1

41 minutes ago, concha said:

And thankfully we live in an age where their killers are facing justice.

And your comment ignores those amongst 2x+ whites killed by blacks who don't get riots and lootings and 24/7 national media coverage, though many of them probably died pretty horribly too.

Murder is wrong regardless of whose doing it...

But We both know damn well that a black man who kills a white person is gonna get what's coming to him and the legal system will make damn sure of that.... 

If this situation was reversed and George Floyd was some petty criminal who shot and killed a white man the book would've been thrown at him day one...  

Much faster than they arrested the cop who killed him... 

Shit perfect example Ahmad Arbery... You have any clue how long it took them to arrest the ass hats that shot him? They had to turn it over to the state because Glynn County was fucking botching it...

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

For the record I am extremely appreciative of your posting this history, past and present.  Knowledge has never diminished me in any way and i have only increased.  

Keep it up my brother.  I'm not afraid of the truth.  Just afraid of sharks...and maybe bears.  😀

And brotha I am appreciative.  Yesterday a white Male that works in the Insurance industry with me called me and asked how I was doing and said man I am so grateful of what I learned with you and how you opened my eyes to so many things.  He even bought up when I taught him about Juneteenth and he was amazed how could he have been in Texas all these years and learned Texas history but not one mention of it.  He relayed the Tuskegee experiment that he learned and he said this which I found extremely profound.  He said white people will co-op black lives matter by saying all lives matter.  It's the same as going to an hospital with a broken leg and all of sudden 5 people show up with nothing wrong and scream our legs matter.  Well they do but they are not broken.  May peace be with you.  I am in the struggle to make America live up to her decrees.  Funny last night I was among a group of Indians (Subcontinent) and a beautiful Brown Sister came up to me and said if not for the fight of African Americans we Indians would not be able to accomplish what we have here and she said thank you for the struggle.  These people sat among me and they played a video of Malcolm X and how he inspired them  here in America.   I am good with my convictions.   I was taught and mentored by one of the Mount Rushmore members of the Civil Rights struggle.  Who left me a written message with his autograph.  Teach us and Lead us.  He said you have a sharp mind and a true student of our history.  He was too take me to meet 2pac Shakur in Balboa Park in San Diego the weekend he was shot Vegas.  I often think what he and I would have discussed.  And I am forever a 2Pac Brotha  and he addressed black on black killings and was even a victim of it.  I was not tutored by Cowards but truth warriors. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, concha said:

So now I'm a "MOFO"?

Maybe the "devious nature" belongs to someone who refers back to one event 22 years ago but acts like it happens every day. 

Maybe the "devious nature" belongs to someone whose people (since that seems to be the preferred way of addressing things?) are killing 2x+ the number of another group yet would have us believe it's the other way around.

I would note - as this has been communicated to you very clearly and multiple times - that you are just flat out lying about "my" ancestors.  You would not be able to find a single ancestor of mine to tie to your rage rants. Not one. Nobody on a plantation. Nobody involved in a lynching. Nobody crewing or running a slave ship. Nobody. 

Rage on DD. I'm sure the dead folks you constantly talk about are hearing you loud and clear.

We know only 25% owned slaves none of your ancestors were part of any atrocities.  No one believe this B.S. anymore.  Google your Surname and study your history and stop the B.S.  I'm sure they were special white people in 1555 - 1855.  WE JUST KNOW THEY WERE. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Murder is wrong regardless of whose doing it...

But We both know damn well that a black man who kills a white person is gonna get what's coming to him and the legal system will make damn sure of that.... 

If this situation was reversed and George Floyd was some petty criminal who shot and killed a white man the book would've been thrown at him day one...  

Much faster than they arrested the cop who killed him... 

Shit perfect example Ahmad Arbery... You have any clue how long it took them to arrest the ass hats that shot him? They had to turn it over to the state because Glynn County was fucking botching it...

Matter a fact to make matters worse the video was leaked despite that according the Glynn County Police department "We where told by District attorney to make no arrest" when the matter was turned over to Waycross District attorney he also told them "Make no arrest". The video was leaked to the public and the Governor saw and put the GBI on it... 

The GBI got involved and promptly spitroasted both Brunswick and Waycross District attorneys for mishandling all this... 

Once they found out who it was in the video they immediately arrested them... 

It took the 3 fucking months to arrest them... 

3 MONTHS TO ARREST THEM 

For what's blatant murder all because the D.A's said "NO" and the Waycross Jackass D.A had connections with them... 

It ain't Rocket Science the ass was gonna let them get off... 

If the Governor didn't see it they would've gotten away... 

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Murder is wrong regardless of whose doing it... Yep

But We both know damn well that a black man who kills a white person is gonna get what's coming to him and the legal system will make damn sure of that.... I would say more likely. Though I'm not sure how that might be of comfort to the 2x+ number of dead or their loved ones.

If this situation was reversed and George Floyd was some petty criminal who shot and killed a white man the book would've been thrown at him day one...  That tends to be the case as things move more slowly with police (of all colors I'd wager).

Much faster than they arrested the cop who killed him... See above.

Shit perfect example Ahmad Arbery... You have any clue how long it took them to arrest the ass hats that shot him? They had to turn it over to the state because Glynn County was fucking botching it...  I understand the asshats who killed him had a friend in the county DA's office (or something like that) who ran cover for them. That woman should should face charges also, if true.

• Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

We know only 25% owned slaves none of your ancestors were part of any atrocities.  No one believe this B.S. anymore.  Google your Surname and study your history and stop the B.S.

25% of Southerners.

My family is not from the South and all my ancestors came over here POST Civil War (decades after in fact).

That leaves 75% of Southern families who did not own slaves, not to mention an overwhelming number of Northern families and virtually all whites who came to the USA after the Civil War.

I don't associate you with some Rwandan jackass who was taking a machete to his neighbor's children. Howsabout you afford me the same kind of common sense respect?

As regards my family, the difference between you and I is that I KNOW.  You'll notice I don't make shit up and lie about YOUR family. 

You make shit up and lie to advance your rage narrative.

Sad.

@DevilDog 

I posed that question, 'S black lives matter' on this site and got the 'all lives matter' answer.  As far as questions go, the answer to this question could not be any easier but was still too hard to answer correctly.  

From my perspective, If those who hold racist ideas were to honestly confront and work to erase those ideas completely, as a human being their lives would become more powerful and that power, along with others of like mind could achieve anything.  

Instead they limit themselves and become weak even though they think they are not.  That priveledge that white people enjoy is not enjoyable and to think otherwise is to throw away any true power that would be gained if they were to see spirit before color and act accordingly.  IMHO

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, concha said:

25% of Southerners.

My family is not from the South and all my ancestors came over here POST Civil War (decades after in fact).

That leaves 75% of Southern families who did not own slaves, not to mention an overwhelming number of Northern families and virtually all whites who came to the USA after the Civil War.

I don't associate you with some Rwandan jackass who was taking a machete to his neighbor's children. Howsabout you afford me the same kind of common sense respect?

As regards my family, the difference between you and I is that I KNOW.  You'll notice I don't make shit up and lie about YOUR family. 

You make shit up and lie to advance your rage narrative.

Sad.

We know your ancestors were special white people.  This determination is based of their current progeny which is you.😎 That's all I need because the snake gets more venomous the further you go back with DNA.  Thanks I appreciate you telling me that your history is my rage narrative.  The first slaves were not in the South or did you think that trick would work:  Slavery thrived in the British North American colonies

Your His-Story taught me how you were great

My History taught me nothing but your Hate.  

• Thanks 1

I always find these type debates kind of interesting when people can keep them fairly reasonable and emotions at bay to carry on decent discussion. 

It's interesting the differing views of this stuff not only between the races, but, even inside the races. For example, I sometimes wonder why my views on it all are so much different than others around my same age group and inside my own race. Is it where I grew up? How I grew up? What schools I went to? Some genetic mutation? 

I drive by the bullet riddled historical marker and sometimes stop and take note of it,  of what was supposed to be the last known public lynching of a female of color in Georgia. Mary Turner. She was among 12 other people of color that were lynched in a period of about 2 weeks following the death of a plantation owner. I look around at the trees and down at the river there and just wonder at how in the hell people could lynch Mary Turner, and even moreso her newborn baby. 

Nobody ever arrested in connection. A lot of white business men apparently involved. The same types that I now equate with the republican party more than any other. The same types that also stand up and tell others they shouldnt have abortions, but they suffer no retribution for lynching a newborn in 1918. Don't consider the latter lines a jab, just an observation.

Just all interesting. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

@DevilDog 

I posed that question, 'S black lives matter' on this site and got the 'all lives matter' answer.  As far as questions go, the answer to this question could not be any easier but was still too hard to answer correctly.  

From my perspective, If those who hold racist ideas were to honestly confront and work to erase those ideas completely, as a human being their lives would become more powerful and that power, along with others of like mind could achieve anything.  

Instead they limit themselves and become weak even though they think they are not.  That priveledge that white people enjoy is not enjoyable and to think otherwise is to throw away any true power that would be gained if they were to see spirit before color and act accordingly.  IMHO

Because they are a nation of Cowards.  What they need to do is take the best of Black academia and not just those damn Turn the other Cheek black people either 😃 go to congress and whip America's ass with facts of its malfeasance. 

Let me suggest a  book for you to read that sits on top of my bookshelf.   This is what I come to battle with.  

419Llp-YzpL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

We know your ancestors were special white people.  This determination is based of their current progeny which is you.😎 That's all I need because the snake gets more venomous the further you go back with DNA.  Thanks I appreciate you telling me that your history is my rage narrative.  The first slaves were not in the South or did you think that trick would work:  Slavery thrived in the British North American colonies

Your His-Story taught me how you were great

My History taught me nothing but your Hate.  

You think you're being clever when you aren't.

You mentioned the figure 25%. That was the percentage of Southerners who owned slaves.

And, again, my ancestors came over here long after slavery ended and lived in Massachusetts until the current generation.

Stop the trickonology, DD.

"My" hate?

I'm actually a guy who had respect for you and, hell, even gone after folks that have been racist toward you.

My family and I don't deserve your broad brush, rage-filled accusations (aka "lies").

I feel sorry for what you've become.

Bye, DD...

19 minutes ago, concha said:

You think you're being clever when you aren't.

You mentioned the figure 25%. That was the percentage of Southerners who owned slaves.

And, again, my ancestors came over here long after slavery ended and lived in Massachusetts until the current generation.

Stop the trickonology, DD.

"My" hate?

I'm actually a guy who had respect for you and, hell, even gone after folks that have been racist toward you.

My family and I don't deserve your broad brush, rage-filled accusations (aka "lies").

I feel sorry for what you've become.

Bye, DD...

I feel sorry for what you've been. See how that works.  I don't need your sorrow or your empathy for me personally.  I know that might be shocking.  I respect everyone who respects me.  I don't get vile and act an ass I post facts to truth.  I notice you haven't protested any of my content as lying thus you protest because it makes you uncomfortable.  I don't structure my life on the comfort of others that's why America is once again at the door of decisiveness.  Do You not see what is being shouted and what the world is watching?  IT'S AMERICA AND IT'S HYPOCRISY ON FULL DISPLAY  What I say is what Black America talks about behind closed doors and among themselves.   Did I say you were full of hate.  I know this a Nazi would protest the hell out of being shown the horrors of the Holocaust a German would not.  Thus ones protest or deflections of this 400 year old record is tiring and I am convinced you can't make a seeing man understand what a blind mind refuses to see.  Indeed Bye Concha I am sorry for what you are.   I have a ton of friends of your persuasion funny none of them feel sorry for what I am.  They often contact me for thoughts and content and a few call me Boss every day at work 😎

Remember that your Patriots are taught to me as Heroes. But mine are declared  Militants. Like how you magically feel sorry for what I have become.  You don't know me or what I've become.   

And I love this woman>  She is a National Treasure.  I have spent just as much time listening to her as I have Malcolm X. 

She has been speaking truth for almost 50 years. Listen to it all. She knows. She is right, it is all very "dangerous".

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I always find these type debates kind of interesting when people can keep them fairly reasonable and emotions at bay to carry on decent discussion. 

It's interesting the differing views of this stuff not only between the races, but, even inside the races. For example, I sometimes wonder why my views on it all are so much different than others around my same age group and inside my own race. Is it where I grew up? How I grew up? What schools I went to? Some genetic mutation? 

I drive by the bullet riddled historical marker and sometimes stop and take note of it,  of what was supposed to be the last known public lynching of a female of color in Georgia. Mary Turner. She was among 12 other people of color that were lynched in a period of about 2 weeks following the death of a plantation owner. I look around at the trees and down at the river there and just wonder at how in the hell people could lynch Mary Turner, and even moreso her newborn baby. 

Nobody ever arrested in connection. A lot of white business men apparently involved. The same types that I now equate with the republican party more than any other. The same types that also stand up and tell others they have abortions, but they suffer no retribution for lynching a newborn in 1918. Don't consider the latter lines a jab, just an observation.

Just all interesting. 

And there in lies one of the things I find interesting... 

The Republicans now are Yesterday's Democrats.... 

And yesterday's Republicans are today's Democrats... 

When Lincoln was leading the Republicans they where much different... Meanwhile the South was heavily Democratic... 

Idk where the ideology started to swap at probably somewhere after Reconstruction and during the Great Depression... 

And one thing that kills me though is the people that latch to the Republicans... The Alt and Far right... They claim to be Republican they ruin the party because I wouldn't wanna be associated with that in anyway at all... Though I know not everyone whose a Republican is like that but it only takes a few to ruin something for everyone... 

How can you fly the Confederate flag so proudly and scream it's "heritage"? The Confederacy wanted to get rid of the union... Destroy America... Treasonous acts... 

That's like a German man saying his Grandfather was a Nazi soldier and flying the Nazi flag in Germany because it's his Heritage... That's not something to be proud of you can seperate yourself from that why would you wanna be associated with that in anyway at all ?  

But that's just my opinion...  

Like I personally don't Believe Concha is some racist skeaze scumbag flying a Confederate flag or a Neo-nazi symbol while proclaiming he loves America... 

I might not agree with his ideals or all his opinions but at the end of the day we're both Americans trying to do what it takes to make it through the day... 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Just now, DevilDog said:

I feel sorry for what you've been. [Neither I nor my family have had anything to do with the outrages you post about, DD.  Yet you feel free to lie about us. Frankly, it's a lie and it's racist.] See how that works. [No. Because you are lying about my family and I.] I don't need your sorrow or your empathy for me personally.  I know that might be shocking.  I respect everyone who respects me.  I don't get vile and act an ass I post facts to truth.  I notice you haven't protested any of my content as lying thus you protest because it makes you uncomfortable. [I don't deny that that people have committed atrocities upon one another.  And, no, I don't protest because it makes me uncomfortable. I take issue because you post things about decades old and centuries old acts (and much more recent ones) and make broad generalizations based on skin color, including me and my family. You'll even accuse me of lying about my family and act like you know more about them than I. It's reprehensible and dishonest. You lie and don't appear to bat an eyelid about it.] I don't structure my life on the comfort of others that's why America is once again at the door of decisiveness.  Do You not see what is being shouted and what the world is watching. IT'S AMERICA AND IT'S HYPOCRISY ON FULL DISPLAY  What I say is what Black America talks about behind closed doors and among themselves.   Did I say you were full of hate.  I know this a Nazi would protest the hell out of being shown the horrors of the Holocaust a German would not. [Yet you are not making the equivalent distinction between nazi and German in what you post.  You talk to me with "you" and "your" when referring to things like lynchings. Lies.] Thus ones protest or deflections of this 400 year old record is tiring and I am convinced you can't make a seeing man understand what a blind mind refuses to see.  Indeed Bye Concha I am sorry for what you are. [A man who, unlike you, does NOT make broad-brushed racial attacks?]

6 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Are crying concha and double-talk d on the verge of a nasty divorce?

Guess that's somewhat interesting.

Both of them just don't know when to shut up. When there's nothing else to say and all the pictures/drama have been posted give it a damn rest.

17 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

When Lincoln was leading the Republicans they where much different... Meanwhile the South was heavily Democratic... 

Idk where the ideology started to swap at probably somewhere after Reconstruction and during the Great Depression... 

And one thing that kills me though is the people that latch to the Republicans... The Alt and Far right... They claim to be Republican they ruin the party because I wouldn't wanna be associated with that in anyway at all... Though I know not everyone whose a Republican is like that but it only takes a few to ruin something for everyone... 

How can you fly the Confederate flag so proudly and scream it's "heritage"? The Confederacy wanted to get rid of the union... Destroy America... Treasonous acts... 

That's like a German man saying his Grandfather was a Nazi soldier and flying the Nazi flag in Germany because it's his Heritage... That's not something to be proud of you can seperate yourself from that why would you wanna be associated with that in anyway at all ?  

Like I personally don't Believe Concha is some racist skeaze scumbag flying a Confederate flag or a Neo-nazi symbol while proclaiming he loves America... 

I might not agree with his ideals or all his opinions but at the end of the day we're both Americans trying to do what it takes to make it through the day... 

Well, that flag does represent some heritage as do others. I guess it's like anything else, there's always a few bad apples spoiling the bunch. Those that latch onto it and then fly it while telling a Puerto Rican not to fly their flag, or a Mexican to not fly theirs. They aren't allowed to be proud of their heritage because they're in the USA but they can fly the confederate battle flags while they are in the USA. 

I drive by the town square in Moultrie most evenings on my way home, and over the past week or so there are kneelers and sign holders there in protest like so many others around the country, but, these people are kneeling in front of a confederate monument that has engraved into it the word komrades. 

I live in a unique place as did you coming up in this area. Mostly we all get along. These times we are in feel very different though. A lot of feeling we are at a critical mass in a lot of areas.

Hope we get to take in another game at least partially, together soon bro. 

11 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Idk where the ideology started to swap at probably somewhere after Reconstruction and during the Great Depression... [Republicans became the majority party in the South in 1994.  Despite what many would have you believe, there was not some magical switch in the early 60s. It was a gradual shift and based mainly on economic policies.  You might find it interesting to know that under the Dems the KKK once numbered in the millions. Now that they are supposedly all Republicans, they are estimated to number a few thousand.]

How can you fly the Confederate flag so proudly and scream it's "heritage"? The Confederacy wanted to get rid of the union... Destroy America... Treasonous acts...  [You won't find me or many if not most other Republicans flying rebel flags or endorsing them]

Like I personally don't Believe Concha is some racist skeaze scumbag flying a Confederate flag or a Neo-nazi symbol while proclaiming he loves America... [I can assure you he is not.  He actually has several racists on "ignore" on this very site and has a mixed race family.]

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Well, that flag does represent some heritage as do others. I guess it's like anything else, there's always a few bad apples spoiling the bunch. Those that latch onto it and then fly it while telling a Puerto Rican not to fly their flag, or a Mexican to not fly theirs. They aren't allowed to be proud of their heritage because they're in the USA but they can fly the confederate battle flags while they are in the USA. 

I drive by the town square in Moultrie most evenings on my way home, and over the past week or so there are kneelers and sign holders there in protest like so many others around the country, but, these people are kneeling in front of a confederate monument that has engraved into it the word Comrades. 

I live in a unique place as did you coming up in this area. Mostly we all get along. These times we are in feel very different though. A lot of feeling we are at a critical mass in a lot of areas.

Hope we get to take in another game at least partially, together soon bro. 

If everything is back to normal by August I'll make a game or 2 gladly

• Like 1

For the Record I don't give a damn about what some White Man who called me a Nigger on here thinks about anything I post.  Let that be a point of reference for eternity.  That's the problem we are tired of being called Niggers and treated as such:  I am not one that let you dictate my thoughts or what I should express.    This is not written by me but by an extremely intelligent black woman.  Let me guess you are curious what she has become and feel sorry for her. 🤣 Of course she is a Knotty head that's wisdom in itself

600x200

Crystal A. deGregory, Ph.D. is a research fellow at the MTSU Center for Historic Preservation and the founder of HBCUstory. Known for her collaborative advocacy and entrepreneurial leadership, as a historian and storyteller, she is a gifted orator and sought-after commentator. She offers a wide range of expertise on multiple topics including history, culture, education, black fraternity and sorority life, and, of course, HBCUs, for publications including TIME, the American Historical Review, and the New York Times.

https://www.theatlantavoice.com/articles/degregory-white-supremacy-in-wakanda/

The executions of Ahmaud Arbery, Tony McDade, Breonna Taylor, David McAtee, George Floyd, and countless other unarmed black men and women have ignited a series of protests that have moved from Minneapolis, Minnesota to cities all across the United States, and now the world over.

The gig, it seems, is up.

Black people in America, who have for the last four centuries not known what it was like to live without the crushing weight of racism’s constant burden, are using their bodies once again to mount a visible protest that strikes at the heart of white America’s most visceral fear: the upending of white supremacy and its weaponizing of racism.

White supremacy has, for the last four centuries, readily killed black people in the equivalent of their Sunday’s best dresses, tailored suits, hosiery, and socks, just as it dears to kill on today’s phone cameras and live-streaming social media—all without losing stride. 

White supremacy does not care about the preservation of black life—period.

White supremacy, like all other oppressions, only begrudgingly values its oppressed as possessions; especially prized are the oppressed when they are beholden to their oppressors. This is true even in a self-described black city where intangible truths are hard for some to see in a town-turned-monument of black achievement. In large part, it usually remains virtually undetectable until the reward for black people who had to work twice as hard to assume prominent positions is being reduced to serve as black respectability spokespersons who must indict improper expressions of black pain—lest they lose their likely economic and socially-privileged place as protectors of proverbial black peace.

There are some parts of these respectability proclamations which are intended to be self-preserving. Like us, no one among their ranks wants more loss of black life or the persecution and deaths of our allies. Peaceable blackness has long been our cherished tactic of self-defense. 

But even black nonviolence is almost always met with deadly white violence. 

That is why black respectability, no matter how advantageous for some, will not save us all. That is why Atlanta, Georgia is not Wakanda. And that is precisely why a tongue-lashing by its black leadership would be laughable were it not so pitiable.

Once written in broad black strokes on white backdrops, signs that formerly read “For Whites Only,” have been replaced with the descriptors: “private,” “elite” and “highly-competitive.” Their coded references, however, are not missed on us. Likewise, we know that despite white criminality and its dereliction of community and diminishing of character, there is no discussion, popular or otherwise, of white-on-white violence—just as we should now all know that “gangster” and “thug” are the not so new N-words.

Even white kindness, white affection, and yes, white love of black people, often belies white complicity and white profit from white privilege.

And white people know it too.

White people have, for the last four centuries, been the beneficiaries of white privilege, racism, and white supremacy. Through looting, rape, and mass murder, white supremacy has overseen the building of civilizations that are anything but civilized for those seized through its pillage of people, places and things.

In exchange, white supremacy demands that black people satisfy their thirst for freedom with sips from sorrow’s bitter cup. White supremacy demands that black people speak right, look right, walk right, drive right, live right, grovel right, and even that we die right.

You see, whiteness says that black freedom is undeserved, if one’s pants sag. Whiteness says justice does not belong to the black queer or black unchristian. Whiteness says equality extends only to special super blacks who demonstrate sublime articulation and enviable exceptionality.

And sadly, toxic black respectability says so too.

We must go to the right schools, join the right fraternal and professional clubs. We must be happy to explain to self-deputizing white militias of many, or of one, who we are, why we are where we are, and who gave us permission to be there. We must always assail white fear of black bodies as if we have no souls. We must say “sir” and “ma’am” when interacting with police—anything else, including not keeping our hands on the steering wheel, or having a prepared presentation of a valid driver’s license, registration, and insurance is asking for “it.”

It is trouble. It is a “roughing up,” a “beating down,” or a “choking out.”

It could very well mean the taking of any of our lives—without more than a cursory investigation that is unlikely to yield more than very temporary desk duty with pay.    

Once upon a time, it fetishized the lynching and castration of black men and boys whether or not their tucked in shirt and pants were replete with ties—and particularly if they wore their serviceman uniform. Once upon a time, its pro-life convictions felt no hypocrisy as it gleefully lynched pregnant black women donning high-neck and ankle-length dresses from trees only to savor cutting unborn fetuses from their bodies. Once upon a time, it burned entire families alive and entire black communities to the ground in order to loot their enterprises and steal their land.   

White supremacy isn’t particularly discriminating in how it kills its victims.

Today, it will just as easily string you up on a noose as it will shoot you with a bullet. It will weigh you down with poverty and then suffocate you just as it will infect you with COVID-19. It will make your insides sick with ailments of all kinds as a result of consuming repeating displays of the violent physical and emotional traumas inflicted upon colored peoples.

Added to everything, it is now also the duty of blackness to consume and share endlessly, the imagery of black death in order to explain to white people what they already know: racism is real, it is systematic, and it is deadly. This, y’all, after four centuries of unimaginable, unmitigated evil, might just be the greatest ruse of them all.

So save your moral protestations. Do not tell me that black folk are making the world less safe because of how we protest. Black people are unsafe because we must protest.

White retaliation happened when black people filed law briefs. White retaliation happened when black people sat-in, rode buses, held picket signs, and withheld their money. White retaliation happened when black people sang Christian songs and quoted Bible scriptures. White retaliation happened when black people faithfully prayed and endlessly hoped—even when white supremacy made us want to holler.

And it still happens.

It killed careers because black athletes dared kneeling to the National Anthem just like the police continue to kill unarmed black people in this country without recourse. It killed for trying to make a purchase in a deli store during a pandemic, for jogging in one’s own neighborhood during a pandemic, and for laying in one’s own beds during a pandemic.

And everyone knows it still kills. 

Killings without indictment. Trials without conviction. Crimes without punishment.

It kills because white supremacy still reigns. White supremacy is the world’s longest running pandemic. And just like any other sickness, black people cannot love it away. 

The struggle for black freedom is not a campaign for white acceptance or love. Love is a losing game. Black freedom is political. Black freedom is racial. And because of white supremacy, black freedom will always be radical. History teaches us that even efforts to win acquiescence by framing black freedom as an unthreatening colorless, powerless, demandless, love campaign has a predictable ending: the unleashing of state-sanctioned violence upon black freedom fighters and our friends in order to protect white corporate, institutional, and political powers.

That’s the gig, and for alotta black people, it’s up

So a leftist guy who presides over a leftist city whose own law enforcement officials allowed an abusive cop with a criminal record to be hired and remain on that city's police force and kill a helpless man - and who later sat back and allowed his city to be ransacked -expects the rest of us to pay for it.

Vote Dem.

EZx2jc8WoAAwyUT?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 1