George Floyd’s Death and Protests

15 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I get the guy didn’t deserve to have his life ended, but y’all making this guy out to be the next Rosa parks

It’s not him per se, he’s symbolic of something bigger.  His killing is a point of clarity in outlining 400 years of similar black pain and frustration. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rockinl said:

You dont have to be less American to have your ass kicked back into compliance with the law. Looting and arson are crimes. 

Try and burn down my business and 911 and the military will be useless to you. You will need a coroner. Fact.

Well, it's good to know that you think it should be perfectly ok for people of color to kick the law's ass back into compliance with the law. Basically the same argument viewed from the other side. No? 

I fully agree with your right to protect your business, but, to bring the military in to redress the grievance of one person or sect of American people against another sect of American people who have grievance that needs redressed is clearly choosing sides and saying one sect's grievance is more important than the other, when by god we know that one has had hundreds of years of grievance that needs redressed to this date. Countless crimes perpetrated against by cops and the legal system as a whole no less. We would still expect that sect of people to pay taxes though, I'm sure of it. 

Couple that with declaring shit like one is democrat or liberal so they don't deserve any appropriation of funds while thinking said funds should be appropriated in a way such as military strike against the very people that have 100s of years of grievance piled up. 

Yeah. I feel confident I stand on the right side of history, morals and ethics on this one. 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

he’s symbolic of something bigger.  

Sadly, so are the hundreds and hundreds who have been mowed down in mass shootings.

We have A LOT of "symbols" in this country. We as a free nation probably have more "symbols" than any other nation.

We KNOW right from wrong, but in the larger picture?...........no one even cares unless it fits his/her agenda or cause.

Just the way it is and will probably always be.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I get the guy didn’t deserve to have his life ended, but y’all making this guy out to be the next Rosa parks

Yeah. There will be statues built of him in Minneapolis. Hopefully the pregnant lady he robbed and almost killed goes and vandalizes it 😂

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

That’s what I’m saying,
anyone loots my Small Business  I’m popping off on every one outside, As a member of the SBA , this strikes a cord with me seeing all these Small businesses gettting destroyed, over %80 who will not recover from this

Of course they won't God lord Concha refuses to appropriate funds to help rebuild them, he'd prefer to just kill off the black folks with a military strike. It might be cheaper for sure.

See, when a country has been in error said country should accept the responsibility of repairing what was caused due to the error. Of course, you first have to accept that there is an egregious error that continues to not be addressed first. With reality slapping people in the face, they're still refusing to understand the error or accept any level of responsibility for it. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Of course they won't God lord Concha refuses to appropriate funds to help rebuild them, he'd prefer to just kill off the black folks with a military strike. It might be cheaper for sure.

See, when a country has been in error said country should accept the responsibility of repairing what was caused due to the error. Of course, you first have to accept that there is an egregious error that continues to not be addressed first. With reality slapping people in the face, they're still refusing to understand the error or accept any level of responsibility for it. 

Actually, concha thinks the fucking mayor of the town that permitted all this shit to happen (including keeping an abusive officer on the force) should take responsibility.  You know, rather than passing on the buck to others.

That said, Hawg, you and all your liberal pals are free to pass around the hat as you seem to think the mayor and city should get off easy.  Whadda ya say?

Thought not.

• Thumbs Down 1

14 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Sadly, so are the hundreds and hundreds who have been mowed down in mass shootings.

We have A LOT of "symbols" in this country. We as a free nation probably have more "symbols" than any other nation.

We KNOW right from wrong, but in the larger picture?...........no one even cares unless it fits his/her agenda or cause.

Just the way it is and will probably always be.

After every mass shooting I ask myself will  "this be the one" that finally changes our culture?

....many are probably wondering will George Floyd "be the one" that finally changes our culture?

The answer is.....probably NOT, forget about it.

We move on to the next tragedy or social injustice and we start the outrage process all over again.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

So it's ok to appropriate American funds when YOU want to see them appropriated right? 

Even in the face of the Posse Comitatus Act, yet these same American funds shouldn't be appropriated when YOU don't think they should be. You see people of other parties as non-American and not worthy of appropriation. 

This is all expected from your ilk. Dollars over lives with people like you always and American funds are only ok to be appropriated to who your party thinks they should be appropriated to. You, the guy that's been on the wrong historical side of race based arguments and all for years on here already. Sure man. We all agree that you and your ilk should always be in control of appropriations of all America's money forever. xD

I read the above keeping in mind the big government liberal who is puking it out.

It's funny.

For me, it'd be ok to keep more funding and appropriation at the state and local level where it belongs. Just so we're clear and you don't have to keep making shit up. 🤣

6 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Because they are a nation of Cowards.  What they need to do is take the best of Black academia and not just those damn Turn the other Cheek black people either 😃 go to congress and whip America's ass with facts of its malfeasance. 

Let me suggest a  book for you to read that sits on top of my bookshelf.   This is what I come to battle with.  

419Llp-YzpL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Call Amazon, get me a discount I know you know some peeps over there.

$25 for paperback, there better be pics of babes for that, HomeSlice.

bgw

• Haha 1

To those that threaten to go to the suburbs, the small country towns, or backwoods America and do harm to those people that you feel are responsible for your hatred and failures, please in the name of LOVE, peace, and racial harmony, wear long sleeves, long pants, gloves, and a balaclava before entering the property with the absolute intention of doing them harm and destroying their homes.

Then the aftermath cannot be played by the liberal media  as a RACIST action.  NONE of these homeowners will know the race of the people they are  sending to the afterlife. 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, rockinl said:

What's the number one threat to young black males in America? 

Anyone? Anyone? 

Depends on who you ask.

I know one guy who thinks it's lynch mobs from generations ago.

Statistically, it's actually other black males, but I'm assured that's just propaganda.

You could probably make an argument for a certain political party that has ruled our inner cities for 60 years and more now. But apparently folks believe they've been doing a great job, because they keep voting for them. Overwhelmingly even.

4 minutes ago, RedZone said:

What's the number one threat to young white males in America? 

Nothing. We are all privileged. Never worked for a goddamn thing. Had everything handed to us on a silver platter. 

I just want to slap a muthafucker that thinks that.

10 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Poverty and lack of opportunity are the greatest threat to young black males and is at the root for many of the issues from anti social behavior to health.  

That's an excuse, not a cause. Place the responsibility on where it lies. Years on the govt. tit, lack of a male figure in the home, not being held responsible, and generally blaming whitey for being useless to society. How many of your relatives stole, robbed and killed each other in the 1930s?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rockinl said:

That's an excuse, not a cause. Place the responsibility on where it lies. Years on the govt. tit, lack of a male figure in the home, not being held responsible, and generally blaming whitey for being useless to society. How many of your relatives stole, robbed and killed each other in the 1930s?

Fuck you, got damned asshole. 

bgw

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, rockinl said:

You don’t even need studies to answer this.but if you do, here:

https://open.lib.umn.edu/socialproblems/chapter/8-3-who-commits-crime/

You give a family resources, opportunities, which includes education they can get out of their current environment and reduce the pitfalls I listed.  Poverty keeps them in that environment, surrounded by death, hunger and anti social behavior.  

Anecdotally, I  had several cousins who were gang banging in LA and were brought to Texas (Marshall specifically), taken from their mom who wasn’t doing good financially and lived with our great aunt who was more stable. They  escaped the environment, without a dad in their lives,  and they turned out BETTER than if they stayed.  

The one dream or goal you’ll hear families say about saving their sons (children), and it’s getting them out of that environment.  A level of wealth and opportunity would allow that. 

poverty kills in many ways other than homicides which is all your lens is focused on.  

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

You don’t even need studies to answer this.  You give a family resources, opportunities, which includes education they can get out of their current environment and reduce the pitfalls I listed.  Poverty keeps them in that environment, surrounded by death, hunger and anti social behavior.  

Anecdotally, I  had several cousins who were gang banging in LA and were brought to Texas (Marshall specifically), taken from their mom who wasn’t doing good financially and lived with our great aunt who was more stable. They  escaped the environment, without a dad in their lives,  and they turned out BETTER than if they stayed.  

The one dream or goal you’ll hear families say about saving their sons (children), and it’s getting them out of that environment.  A level of wealth and opportunity would allow that. 

poverty kills in many ways other than homicides which is all your lens is focused on.  

Remind us who has been in governing these places for 60-odd years or more?

How have the schools done while a certain party and the teachers unions work incahoots?

What's happened to the traditional nuclear family?  Births-out-of-wedlock? Abortion rates? Graduation rates?

And this is the party acting holier-than-thou currently (as per usual).

I know, I know... shut up.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

38 minutes ago, concha said:

Remind us who has been in governing these places for 60-odd years or more?

How have the schools done while a certain party and the teachers unions work incahoots?

What's happened to the traditional nuclear family?  Births-out-of-wedlock? Abortion rates? Graduation rates?

And this is the party acting holier-than-thou currently (as per usual).

I know, I know... shut up.

Repubs are collapsing nationally and you want the keys to fix the inner city? Trump (Republicon) has led us to:  

1918 level pandemic, 1930 level depression and a 1968 level riot and civil unrest.   All in the last six months.  No thanks! 😥 

• Like 1