George Floyd’s Death and Protests

Just now, Horsefly said:

Repubs are collapsing nationally and you want the keys to fix the inner city? Trump (Republicon) has led us to:  

1918 level pandemic, 1930 level depression and a 1968 level riot and civil unrest.   All in the last six months.  No thanks! 

Not even you believe this.

The pandemic was the fault of the Chinese.  Remember your party leaders encouraging everyone to hit the Lunar New Year's festivals? 🤡  

The economic impact was a result of that.

And the riots and civil unrest are the fault of a hypocritical and corrupt DEMOCRATIC city leadership and police force.

You know it and I know it.

But the lame-ass DNC talking point regurgitation was appreciated.  🤣

Keep voting for the same and get the same.

You might want to look into the definition of insanity famously attributed to Einstein.. 👍

• Thumbs Down 1

9 minutes ago, concha said:

Not even you believe this.

The pandemic was the fault of the Chinese.  Remember your party leaders encouraging everyone to hit the Lunar New Year's festivals? 🤡  

The economic impact was a result of that.

And the riots and civil unrest are the fault of a hypocritical and corrupt DEMOCRATIC city leadership and police force.

You know it and I know it.

But the lame-ass DNC talking point regurgitation was appreciated.  🤣

Keep voting for the same and get the same.

You might want to look into the definition of insanity famously attributed to Einstein.. 👍

I like to look to the top in assessing the health of any country or organization.  Leaders lead and inspire, not ridicule and divide.  He’s the worst LEADER I’ve ever seen. That’s why these generals are all coming out of the woodwork talking about the same thing. 

What’s insane is you thinking the Republican Party has the desire to help raise black poverty out of its existence seeing as they never have.  (The Democrats don’t either).   

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

I like to look to the top in assessing the health of any country or organization.  Leaders lead and inspire, not ridicule and divide.  He’s the worst LEADER I’ve ever seen. 

What’s insane is you thinking the Republican Party has the desire to help raise black poverty out of its existence seeing as they never have.  (The Democrats don’t either).   

Check out that definition of insanity, brah! 

I look at how much the current leader is driving the mainstream media and the Mordor-on-the-Potomac swamp creatures over the cliff crazy.  Proof positive he's doing things right. 👍

• Thumbs Down 1

22 minutes ago, concha said:

Check out that definition of insanity, brah! 

I look at how much the current leader is driving the mainstream media and the Mordor-on-the-Potomac swamp creatures over the cliff crazy.  Proof positive he's doing things right. 👍

I have no delusions in thinking EITHER party will help fix. You’re the only one between the 2 of us that thinks the answer lies with Republicans.

The US gov (Dems/repubs)  has created about as many oppressive laws in its history to curtail black achievement as it has in creating ones to advance it. No thanks! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, concha said:

remind us who has been in governing these places for 60-odd years or more?

Without these "places" your tribe would just be a bunch of country bumpkins shoveling coal,  growing corn and waving someone else's bible. 

You can believe that.

The data in there. Look it up and quit looking like a dumbass.

• Thanks 1

"America's cities are the nation's warp engines of innovation and GDP growth. The 10 largest metro areas combine for a massive 34 percent of the country's total GDP"

The wingnuts have always wanted the milk, but have no interest in feeding the cow. The cow sucks and everything related to the cow sucks....meanwhile wingnut lines his pockets and soaks up the the GDP. Even brags about it.

What a fucking lot!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

20 minutes ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

I'm glad some of the Generals apparently have more sense than this Clown of President 

What a piece of shit 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/06/politics/white-house-10k-troops-protesters/index.html

General Mattis has a few words also firing back at POTUS. 

Nothing but division from the office of the Presidency. 

bgw

• Thanks 1

Unfortunately, the prosecution of the cop responsible for George Floyd's death may run into a major roadblock. The big question may come down to the video where there appears to be a struggle in the back of the patrol car (and there there is the drug intoxication also).

Per the Minneapolis Police Policy & Procedure Manual on restraints like that used on George Floyd:

5-311 USE OF NECK RESTRAINTS AND CHOKE HOLDS (10/16/02) (08/17/07) (10/01/10) (04/16/12)

DEFINITIONS I.

Choke Hold: Deadly force option. Defined as applying direct pressure on a person’s trachea or airway (front of the neck), blocking or obstructing the airway (04/16/12)

Neck Restraint: Non-deadly force option. Defined as compressing one or both sides of a person’s neck with an arm or leg, without applying direct pressure to the trachea or airway (front of the neck). Only sworn employees who have received training from the MPD Training Unit are authorized to use neck restraints. The MPD authorizes two types of neck restraints: Conscious Neck Restraint and Unconscious Neck Restraint. (04/16/12)

Conscious Neck Restraint: The subject is placed in a neck restraint with intent to control, and not to render the subject unconscious, by only applying light to moderate pressure. (04/16/12)

Unconscious Neck Restraint: The subject is placed in a neck restraint with the intention of rendering the person unconscious by applying adequate pressure. (04/16/12)

PROCEDURES/REGULATIONS II.

The Conscious Neck Restraint may be used against a subject who is actively resisting. (04/16/12)

The Unconscious Neck Restraint shall only be applied in the following circumstances: (04/16/12)
On a subject who is exhibiting active aggression, or;

For life saving purposes, or;

On a subject who is exhibiting active resistance in order to gain control of the subject; and if lesser attempts at control have been or would likely be ineffective.

Neck restraints shall not be used against subjects who are passively resisting as defined by policy. (04/16/12)

After Care Guidelines (04/16/12)

After a neck restraint or choke hold has been used on a subject, sworn MPD employees shall keep them under close observation until they are released to medical or other law enforcement personnel.
An officer who has used a neck restraint or choke hold shall inform individuals accepting custody of the subject, that the technique was used on the subject.

http://www.ci.minneapolis.mn.us/police/policy/mpdpolicy_5-300_5-300

6 minutes ago, concha said:

Unfortunately, the prosecution of the cop responsible for Floyd George's death may run into a major roadblock. The big question may come down to the video where there appears to be a struggle in the back of the patrol car (and there there is the drug intoxication also).

Per the Minneapolis Police Policy & Procedure Manual on restraints like that used on George Floyd:

http://www.ci.minneapolis.mn.us/police/policy/mpdpolicy_5-300_5-300

Unfortunately... this may be one of the very few times you're right

It may come down to whether the knee or leg was used...and/or if the knee is considered part of the leg. Either way, I've seen jurors acquit cops for even worse behavior 

I cringe when I think about what will happen once he's acquitted

Just now, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

Unfortunately... this may be one of the very few times you're right

It may come down to whether the knee or leg was used...and/or if the knee is considered part of the leg. Either way, I've seen jurors acquit cops for even worse behavior 

I cringe when I think about what will happen once he's acquitted

The same thing but worse. Predominantly black communities will be looted and destroyed. 

Remember, anyone who isn’t more passionate and outraged at David Dorn’s death is a hypocritical piece of shit. 

2 minutes ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

here's a white man that gets it ... 

The video wouldn’t open. It is some beta male who hates his own race and spits in the mirror at the disgust he has for his white skin?

He can’t darken it because he doesn’t want to be accused of blackface so he’s left to wallow in his own curse until the world puts him out of his misery 

Just now, Nolebull813 said:

The video wouldn’t open. It is some beta male who hates his own race and spits in the mirror at the disgust he has for his white skin?

He can’t darken it because he doesn’t want to be accused of blackface so he’s left to wallow in his own curse until the world puts him out of his misery 

The guy is a screaming leftist. Of that there is no doubt.

I guess if you ignore the fact that peoples have conquered others for millennia (as if the conquest of the Americas was something new and unheard of), that this country did not invent slavery, that this country actually inherited slavery (and the slaves brought here were actually enslaved by other blacks), that the great majority of American citizens were not involved in it, that those who were are long dead, that hundreds of thousands died to end slavery etc etc... then he might be able to find a point somewhere.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, concha said:

The guy is a screaming leftist. Of that there is no doubt.

I guess if you ignore the fact that peoples have conquered others for millennia (as if the conquest of the Americas was something new and unheard of), that this country did not invent slavery, that this country actually inherited slavery (and the slaves brought here were actually enslaved by other blacks), that the great majority of American citizens were not involved in it, that those who were are long dead, that hundreds of thousands died to end slavery etc etc... then he might be able to find a point somewhere.

NOT sure who butchers more American history........crying concha or double-talk d?

It's pretty freakin comical though.

47 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Here’s a Black man that gets it 

A black man that glorifies his thuggery and misogynistic ways and helped spread it to a generation of youth

This  lil sick loser sold out blacks long before he became a trumptard.

He’s a drugged out, dumb  gangsta black man that spreads poison; it makes sense that he’s the latest Republican darling.

33 minutes ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

A black man that glorifies his thuggery and misogynistic ways and helped spread it to a generation of youth

This  lil sick loser sold out blacks long before he became a trumptard.

He’s a drugged out, dumb  gangsta black man that spreads poison; it makes sense that he’s the latest Republican darling.

Serious question. Are there any known black media types that have diametrically opposing political views as you, that you can disagree with but still respect?

• Like 1