Vista Murrieta CA vs Colquitt Co. GA

ECHS05

The fact remains... despite being #35 in CA (but #8 overall the last 5 years)... CP still has VM #240 nationally.  And Colquitt #249 Nationally. 

And they predict VM beating Colquitt 30-28.

Those who follow CP closely... pretty much a few from CA, like Pops, and the 1 outside of CA that does, NOR... should be on board with that prediction. Back-peddling from it after defending every other ranking it puts out when you know the teams arent gonna play makes you look like hypocrites.

---

Its also quite funny Pops called them an also-ran... when in the last 7 years Vista Murrieta has finished #20 CA, #155 Nationally... #3 CA, #16 Nationally ... #7 CA, #26 Nationally... #9 CA, #44 Nationally ... #17 CA, #162 Nationally ... #12 CA, #101 Nationally ... #21 CA, #172 Nationally ... the last 7 years...

Its quite funny also, that once VM plays a state CP/Ned despises... they start the lowest they have in that same 7 year time frame... #35 in CA & #240 Nationally... its also not a coincidence Ned has VM & Colquitt so close to each other.

17 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

if colquitt beats vm, the cali guys really can' talk shit about georgia because they'd be 0-2 against georgia

not really fair as Colquitt is expected to win and win big. 

As I said previous, this is a no win game for Colquitt. Anything less than a big win is a problem. 

Now Rush overvalues anyone he schedules so don't let him make you seem silly. 

Anyway, I really see no problems with Colquitt smashing VM so no worries.

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

As I said previous, this is a no win game for Colquitt. Anything less than a big win is a problem. 

Why is Colquitt expected to win big? This is a double standard... quoting CalPreps rankings all the time then ignoring them when it has to do with promoting your "other" agenda.

Word outa North Morven is...Rush was talking to Coach Olson at VM and Coach "O" said rather defiantly......

We just feel fortunate that we're playing Colquitt and not Lowndes.

Rush replied....you got that right.

I suppose sometimes the stars just align for them Cali teams.

Rufus>>

3 hours ago, noonereal said:

Who says Colquitt is supposed to win big?

8 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Who says Colquitt is supposed to win big?

well, pretty much everyone here until Pumpkin started his drivel.

You can't have it both ways. You can't say colquitt is not the heavy favorite when Colquitt has the best active coach in the country, is a nationally recognized brand, is a top program in a very good football state,  is currently a top 5 team in GA and no one even heard of VM until this game was inked. 

#21 in Cal is good but not near Colquitt's level of expected performance. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, noonereal said:

you know, thinking about it, last year Valdosta was one of the best teams in the country, according to Opie. Then a game vs an AZ team was scheduled. All of a sudden they were not top 10 in GA.

This is but an Opie rewind. 

They solidified themselves as a top 10 team in Georgia after the championship win. I know maxpreps had them as them as the 58th best team in America. The Chandler game for them was a learning experience for them. This is why I was hoping that Grayson would've taken that game because they already had out of state experience during their season.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, noonereal said:

You can't have it both ways. You can't say colquitt is not the heavy favorite when Colquitt has the best active coach in the country, is a nationally recognized brand, is a top program in a very good football state,  is currently a top 5 team in GA and no one even heard of VM until this game was inked

1. Just because everyone on here says that Vm is gonna lose doesn't mean that it's gonna happen, so you can't jump to any conclusions because of what they said.

2. Even the colquitt guys will tell you that Colquitt isn't a top 5 team in Georgia right now. 

3. No one heard of VM until the game was inked? I knew about them ever since 2011, and those Cali guys better not say that they didn't know about VM before this because they'd be lying. 

1 minute ago, FootballGuy said:

1. Just because everyone on here says that Vm is gonna lose doesn't mean that it's gonna happen, so you can't jump to any conclusions because of what they said.

2. Even the colquitt guys will tell you that Colquitt isn't a top 5 team in Georgia right now. 

3. No one heard of VM until the game was inked? I knew about them ever since 2011, and those Cali guys better not say that they didn't know about VM before this because they'd be lying. 

as you are my new best friend, let's just say we disagree

Opie always causes trouble like this. 

4 hours ago, noonereal said:

You can't have it both ways. You can't say colquitt is not the heavy favorite when Colquitt has the best active coach in the country, is a nationally recognized brand, is a top program in a very good football state,  is currently a top 5 team in GA and no one even heard of VM until this game was inked. 

EXACTLY.

You cant have it both ways.

Either Colquitt is going to lose, or CalPreps is wrong.

Which is it?

BTW, #21 in Cali was VMs lowest ranking in the last 5 years.

Maybe YOU havent heard of VM, but Im pretty sure most everyone else has. Considering they are #8 in CAs dynasty ratings the last 5 years behind only SJB, DLS, Cen10, Mater Dei, Mission V, Folsom, and Serra-Gardena...

[2010] Vista Murrieta (Murrieta, CA) 38, [2010] Colquitt County (Moultrie, GA) 31

[2011] Vista Murrieta (Murrieta, CA) 28, [2011] Colquitt County (Moultrie, GA) 21

[2012] Vista Murrieta (Murrieta, CA) 35, [2012] Colquitt County (Moultrie, GA) 14

[2013] Vista Murrieta (Murrieta, CA) 34, [2013] Colquitt County (Moultrie, GA) 20
[2014] Colquitt County (Moultrie, GA) 38, [2014] Vista Murrieta (Murrieta, CA) 24
[2015] Colquitt County (Moultrie, GA) 42, [2015] Vista Murrieta (Murrieta, CA) 28

[2016] Colquitt County (Moultrie, GA) 35, [2016] Vista Murrieta (Murrieta, CA) 28

[2017] Vista Murrieta (Murrieta, CA) 30, [2017] Colquitt County (Moultrie, GA) 28

Lets see what happens Aug 26th in Moultrie Gawja