Vista Murrieta CA vs Colquitt Co. GA

ECHS05

15 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I havent seen anyone rank Colquitt in the Top 5 thus far.

Limesink and myself have the Pack at #13. However, they could move up over the course of the year if they win a game or two here and there.

Today is May 27th (I think).  And Lime Sink has the following Top 5 rankings.....

Marietta

Lowndes

Grayson

Norcross

Brookwood/Cartersville (tie)

And we have moved Colquitt from No.13 to No.12.  We could possibly see additional movement during the summer depending on possible transfers in/out and coaches leaving to take other jobs.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ararar said:

Colquitt #6 in GA VM #38 in California per CP

VM is 35 in CA, not 38.

And yet VM is STILL ranked higher nationally at CP than Colquitt.

And you cant see how utterly ridiculous that is. Completely stupid. #35 in CA ranked higher than #6 in GA.

LMAO.

13 hours ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

Ha Ha Ha, U guys better beat the hell out of VM or all my opines about GA are true. 

In reality...

Its about how well each team does the rest of the season also.

VM could be a top 5 SoCal team this year, who knows. 

57 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

I can tell that you were going off of last season to pick the top 5 teams in Georgia heading into the 2017. Doesn't work like that playboy. You gotta do your homework on these teams. 

I can tell you that with how Colquitt was playing at the end of last season, they will end up top 5 in Jawjaa. Also, I don't doubt that some Cali teams ratings are off by CP. However, any of the top 3 from Cali, (SJB, cc, MD), would have #1 in Jawjaa. Make no mistake about that.

6 minutes ago, old_e said:

I can tell you that with how Colquitt was playing at the end of last season, they will end up top 5 in Jawjaa. Also, I don't doubt that some Cali teams ratings are off by CP. However, any of the top 3 from Cali, (SJB, cc, MD), would have #1 in Jawjaa. Make no mistake about that.

Colquitt lost to Grayson 49-21 to end last season.

How do you figure that equates to top 5, lol.

2 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

I can tell that you were going off of last season to pick the top 5 teams in Georgia heading into the 2017. Doesn't work like that playboy. You gotta do your homework on these teams. 

Even your own state guru atlien agrees. Calquit is mos def top 5 and will run VM off the field. Anything less than a 21 point win by calquit will be embarrassing. 

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

VM is 35 in CA, not 38.

And yet VM is STILL ranked higher nationally at CP than Colquitt.

And you cant see how utterly ridiculous that is. Completely stupid. #35 in CA ranked higher than #6 in GA.

LMAO.

Couple of things 

debating CP PRESEASON rankings is stupid, so not going to respond to CQ v VM

#6 in GA v #38 in CA ought to be won by GA but it'd be competitive -- GA would have about 10 teams in the top 50 if they were merged with CA, maybe 15-17 if just merged with SoCal and up to 30 if just mergers with NorCal -- but both?  There won't be more than 10-12 GA teams, if that

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

VM could be a top 5 SoCal team this year, who knows. 

If that's a legit question, everyone in Cal knows that's absurd

They are an also-ran, a has-been that had a half-decent team a few years ago and was as close to a quality opponent that Rush would allow for his Hawgs

its a baby step up from Intl School of Broward

this will be entertaining watching the scrambling going on in advance of this epic mismatch 

The narrative that y'all Cali guys have set is that California teams are better than everyone else and that  y'all are the end all, be all of high school football. With that being said, colquitt shouldn't beat vista murrieta, right? 

And to be honest, as a Georgia guy, I think Florida is the best state for high school football

21 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

The narrative that y'all Cali guys have set is that California teams are better than everyone else and that  y'all are the end all, be all of high school football. With that being said, colquitt shouldn't beat vista murrieta, right? 

And to be honest, as a Georgia guy, I think Florida is the best state for high school football

fl is indeed the best state, we agree again. 

i think what you may not realize is that ga is the state with some posters always claiming superiority not ca

tx posters too make grandiose claims , confusing more with better

13 minutes ago, noonereal said:

i think what you may not realize is that ga is the state with some posters always claiming superiority not ca

Two things:

if colquitt beats vm, the cali guys really can' talk shit about georgia because they'd be 0-2 against georgia

how can texas teams confuse more with better when cali and florida have more teams ranked in the top 25? (via usa today and maxpreps)

4 hours ago, old_e said:

Yes, Grayson also did that to McEachern in the playoffs. 

No. No they didnt. Grayson played McEachern in their 2nd game of the season right after IMG and Grayson just escaped 16-13.

Grayson beat Colquitt 49-21 in the Quarterfinals. (By 28)

Then Grayson beat Mill Creek 44-26 in the Semis (by 18)

Then Grayson beat Roswell 23-20 in the Finals (by 3)

---

In Colquitts final 5 games, they beat Tift Co. 37-14... escaped Lowndes 42-35, beat North Paulding 48-7 in the 1st Round, Brookwood 66-35 in the 2nd Round, and then lost to Grayson 49-21.

2 hours ago, noonereal said:

GA does not claim superiority.

Where do you see this?

YOU personally have a problem with setting GA on the level CalPreps put them at. Which makes you stupid.

You also talk about how much better FL is than GA, but have you followed the history of the 2 states for the last 20 years? I highly doubt it.

Nobody is saying Georgia is better than FL, TX, or CA... although CA is just top heavy with a bunch of junk after the 1st 25 teams. 

Ohio is where you really go off the rails. Because CalPreps tremendously overranks them and because Ohio plays NJ often, you favor them. But you mistake your state playing OH OOS,  with OH being good. 

And in general you constantly prattle about the Northeast. Theres maybe 6-7 teams from the Northeast... and everybody accepts those. But your talk of the whole Region of the Northeast is just bias nonsense.

I realize its a natural thing to want the region you live in to get respect... but you overreach.... 

6 hours ago, noonereal said:

That's right.  We just brag about being the best state and not best football state. ?  Although....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pops said:

If that's a legit question, everyone in Cal knows that's absurd

They are an also-ran, a has-been that had a half-decent team a few years ago and was as close to a quality opponent that Rush would allow for his Hawgs

its a baby step up from Intl School of Broward

this will be entertaining watching the scrambling going on in advance of this epic mismatch 

Vista Murrieta is a "baby step up" from a first year football program with like a 30 player roster? And they are 35-38 in California? Dammit! Y'all are in worse trouble than the Cali track results show already! :o

xD

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pops said:

Couple of things 

debating CP PRESEASON rankings is stupid, so not going to respond to CQ v VM

#6 in GA v #38 in CA ought to be won by GA but it'd be competitive -- GA would have about 10 teams in the top 50 if they were merged with CA, maybe 15-17 if just merged with SoCal and up to 30 if just mergers with NorCal -- but both?  There won't be more than 10-12 GA teams, if that

You keep saying #38... you cant even get that part right. 

So... Pops says 10-12 GA teams in a GA-CA combined Top 50...

That means probably 30-20 in GAs favor in reality. This guy whos entire football acumen comes from CalPreps... this explains his insanely overrated view of California...

After Californias Top 25 its garbage. Cali is an extremely top heavy state... not like FL or TX, or even GA at all. Calis full of junk.

Literally, a Top 100 of just GA and CA would ave 55-60 GA teams.

6 hours ago, hardhit1 said:

Really , really 

REALLY!  xD

But over whom? Only over those we actually are superior to.

GA doesnt claim superiority over any of the Big 3. It simply claims its place. One of the top 4 FB states, and one of the most talented states in America that is only getting better in both categories.

The thing about GA is its on the rise... has been and will be. 

And to add...

Lol @ Vista Murrieta being an also-ran... funny, thats the FIRST time i heard that from anyone in CA up until now when they are going to play Colquitt.

VM scored more points than anyone vs Mater Dei outside of SJBs 42-28 win in the SoCal D1/Pac5 Championship

They also played Mater Dei closer than anyone outside of SJB, and CA Top 5 team Rancho Cucamonga (by only 6 points). That includes all the rest of the Trinity League also. And CPs Top 100 Edison, plus La Mirada, and Bishop Amat.

---

Heres the best part...

This clown, Pops (which Im sure everyone assumed when they saw the clown comment)... says Vista Murrieta is an also-ran... LOL... 

Vista Murrieta is #8 overall is Californias CP Dynasty Rankings over the last 5 years. Also-ran? This says differently. Vista Murrieta is #6 in SoCal over the last 5 years... and theyd be 3rd in NorCal the last 5 years behind only DLS and Folsom. 

But also ran he says... LoL way to cover.

There was also some comment about #6 in GA being competitive with #38 in Cali? The shit this guy says get more over the top every year.

A 2nd round loser in GA beat a 12-2 defending SoCal Champ just 6 years ago. And they probably wouldve been the defending Champs again if California had an actual playoff. But they won 4 straight playoff games only to find themselves sitting at home after a W. My guess is that was CAs way of saving face. I remember seeing a team Crenshaw beat 45-7, defeat Mater Dei 14-10. Servite, the SoCal rep vs the North, only beat Mater Dei 21-14 themselves.