Vista Murrieta CA vs Colquitt Co. GA

ECHS05

21 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Ned doesnt need to verify everything for it to be true.

Ned DOES verify that OOS play is the only way states scale to each other, which there is very little of. If states arent scaling to each, then they retain the scale he personally set for them. 

Essentially the same way I dont need you to tell me , to know youre an idiot.

one day you'll catch that butterfly.... maybe

Capture.PNG

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Uh so? You did not answer the question. Hoover also lost Allen but was ranked ahead of them. 

Dont dodge the question, answer it.

I'm not dodging -- it's a stupid flawed supposition

there is interplay -- what'd you say GA had OOS, 87 games or somesuch?

in GA's case it's all vs overmatched opponents but you still have MOV to establish a sort

you don't understand math

or statistics 

or logic

it's amusing you've crowned yourself the sites algorithm expert 

it's cute in the same way a smile from all of God's special creatures can brighten your day

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

one day you'll catch that butterfly.... maybe

Capture.PNG

Hadn't seen this yet -- it perfectly captures the peanut I know

God Bless and keep chasing those rascally butterflies ? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pops said:

in GA's case it's all vs overmatched opponents but you still have MOV to establish a sort

or statistics 

or logic

it's cute in the same way a smile from all of God's special creatures can brighten your day

look at that zebra's face... Tell me that is not the way we see our Pumpkin. LOL

and so flummoxed and bewildered by a simple winged creature, a butterfly

If that is not Opie, I don't know what is. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Pops said:

or statistics 

or logic

About 61 GHSA OOS games...  but that was against 11 different states keep in mind... thats like 5-6 games per state which isnt enough to scale shit.. and it doesnt scale to the other 39 states GA didnt play

How do playing those games translate to rating GA vs the western half of the US.

You can also see where GAs teams outperform given expectations 80% of the time OOS. 

7 blue to 1 red OOS... you wont find another state with a better ratio

Your argument is incomplete. You arent saying anything about scaling states that dont play... and it doesnt do much at all when theres only 3-4 games between states either...

^^ This is the reason, everytime I showed you guys States Averages... THEY WERENT CHANGING... Because theres not enough OOS to change it... and OOS play is the only way to change it.

I think you believe theres more happening than there actually is. Like you think that by seeing how Grayson does vs Hoover AL, he can tell how Grayson would do vs CA.... NOT HOW IT WORKS.

2 minutes ago, noonereal said:

again with this scaling nonsense

when are you going to stop making stuff up? 

Do you not understand what scaling is?

Ned uses the word scaling/scale.

This is why you need to recuse yourself. You understand too little.

Every state/region has its own scale.

4 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

About 61 GHSA OOS games...  but that was against 11 different states keep in mind... thats like 5-6 games per state which isnt enough to scale shit.. and it doesnt scale to the other 39 states GA didnt play

How do playing those games translate to rating GA vs the western half of the US.

You can also see where GAs teams outperform given expectations 80% of the time OOS. 

7 blue to 1 red OOS... you wont find another state with a better ratio

Your argument is incomplete. You arent saying anything about scaling states that dont play... and it doesnt do much at all when theres only 3-4 games between states either...

^^ This is the reason, everytime I showed you guys States Averages... THEY WERENT CHANGING... Because theres not enough OOS to change it... and OOS play is the only way to change it.

I think you believe theres more happening than there actually is. Like you think that by seeing how Grayson does vs Hoover AL, he can tell how Grayson would do vs CA.... NOT HOW IT WORKS.

If you and I take the same IQ test, can they give percentile ranks even though you and I didn't take the test in same classroom

i realize the paradox in asking you that question, so again, likely over your head, but maybe you've got a spark of some recognition 

On 5/25/2017 at 5:29 PM, ECHS05 said:

1.  PAMs are the exact same as "Official Projections".

2.  The ONLY difference is PAMs are based on a natural field, and I do believe their Official Projections take into account where its played.

3.  ALSO, CalPreps decided to wait til October 1st to do "Official Projections" so they could avoid 95% of the OOS games. Without using PAMs , CalPreps is let off the hook for essentially every meaningful OOS game... and seeing as how their official projections ARE PAMs, just without the neutral field... its the SAME THING.

1.  No, they are not.  Unless the prediction is specifically listed an endorsed, it's not official.  Would a PAM between 2010 Colquitt Co. vs. 2015 Corona Centennial also be "official"?

2.  Incorrect.  Ned has stated that home field advantage does not statistically impact the result of the games.

3.  Facepalm.  No, they don't wait until October to list their official predictions to avoid OOS games.  They do that so that their predictions can be based on actual freakin' data.

Did you actually graduate high school?

6 hours ago, Ararar said:

GA played 148 OOS games but somehow only 60 count in ECHS mind in determining the states strength.

Because Im talking GHSA games. Like 1A-7A. Not Christ Academy vs Melvern Prep Christian School for  Boys. 1A-7A. That is essentially its own web of teams because GHSA rarely if ever play GISA teams. 

GHSA teams do not play GISA teams. So they arent connected either.

2 hours ago, Pops said:

If you and I take the same IQ test, can they give percentile ranks even though you and I didn't take the test in same classroom

i realize the paradox in asking you that question, so again, likely over your head, but maybe you've got a spark of some recognition 

It isnt the same thing. These teams are not taking the same test. Each team is a different test. Your thinking is 100% wrong on the way this works. If teams arent connected in any way there is no way to compare them. Its ONLY about who plays who. The "tests" are not the same.

This is idiotic EXTREMELY shallow thinking on your part, without actually delving into how it works. There is no comparable test, because the same test isnt given... its simply not a valid example.

The only way to compare this to "tests", is to say that each individual team is a test. And for the most part teams in Georgia are taking Georgia tests with very few exceptions. Oregon teams are taking Oregon tests. California teams are taking California tests... but all the tests are different, there is no way to say which is tougher because no enough test takers in California take tests from around the country.

The same test is only taken by 10-15 students, normally by kids all from the same state. We can roughly say how hard 1 test is from another in the same state... since most of the test takers are from the same state... by saying how hard 1 states tests are vs another isnt technically possible.

And this is mainly because different states are on different grading scales predetermined before any tests are taken.

There is little to no chance Pops has the brain capacity to comprehend this.

15 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Because Im talking GHSA games. Like 1A-7A. Not Christ Academy vs Melvern Prep Christian School for  Boys. 1A-7A. That is essentially its own web of teams because GHSA rarely if ever play GISA teams. 

GHSA teams do not play GISA teams. So they arent connected either.

Does GISA play football in GA? Do they play OOS games? If yes then they must be counted in GA overall strength 

9 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Does GISA play football in GA? Do they play OOS games? If yes then they must be counted in GA overall strength 

Ffs. Do I seriously have to explain this shit...

When I did the +7.05 ppg, and 80% outperforming... I used GHSA teams/OOS games only.

GHSA teams do not play GISA teams.

Therefore they are not connected. So they do not impact each other, in any way (including ratings).

Since the GISA and GHSA are not connected, any OoS games the GISA plays does not impact the GHSA (1A-7A).

And my data was based on every game the GHSA played, which is unimpacted by the GISA.

Lol at this guy.

And lol at NOR with the "lies" comment when it was his inability to comprehend.

You guys dont have the chips to play at this level.

21 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Ffs. Do I seriously have to explain this shit...

When I did the +7.05 ppg, and 80% outperforming... I used GHSA teams/OOS games only.

GHSA teams do not play GISA teams.

Therefore they are not connected. So they do not impact each other, in any way (including ratings).

Since the GISA and GHSA are not connected, any OoS games the GISA plays does not impact the GHSA (1A-7A).

And my data was based on every game the GHSA played, which is unimpacted by the GISA.

Lol at this guy.

And lol at NOR with the "lies" comment when it was his inability to comprehend.

You guys dont have the chips to play at this level.

But your claim was that GA was undervalued not just the GHSA.For GA to be undervalued you must count every team that plays football in GA regardless if they play each other or not.Do you now want to change your GA undervalued claim to specific part of GA football?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

It isnt the same thing. These teams are not taking the same test. Each team is a different test. Your thinking is 100% wrong on the way this works. If teams arent connected in any way there is no way to compare them. Its ONLY about who plays who. The "tests" are not the same.

This is idiotic EXTREMELY shallow thinking on your part, without actually delving into how it works. There is no comparable test, because the same test isnt given... its simply not a valid example.

The only way to compare this to "tests", is to say that each individual team is a test. And for the most part teams in Georgia are taking Georgia tests with very few exceptions. Oregon teams are taking Oregon tests. California teams are taking California tests... but all the tests are different, there is no way to say which is tougher because no enough test takers in California take tests from around the country.

The same test is only taken by 10-15 students, normally by kids all from the same state. We can roughly say how hard 1 test is from another in the same state... since most of the test takers are from the same state... by saying how hard 1 states tests are vs another isnt technically possible.

And this is mainly because different states are on different grading scales predetermined before any tests are taken.

There is little to no chance Pops has the brain capacity to comprehend this.

GA teams had over 100 OOS games last year -- that's sufficient sampling (certainly more than almost all of your statistical diatribes)

there's no reason to start trying to diminish the sample size by dividing into individual states -- in fact, it's more valid the more it was divided (each state playing a game vs every other state connects states more closely than every state playing 50 games against their neighbor (who in turn doesn't play anyone else)

statistically significant

youndont like the results but I'm sorry, GA is connected to the high school universe

CP, or any algorithm for that matter, is going to be hard pressed to give GA much credit, though, when their big class champs are scheduling 0-10 OOS opponents -- you'd have to win by 120 points to be keeping pace with the elite national teams playing each other

• 1 month later...
On 6/7/2017 at 6:06 PM, ECHS05 said:

http://www.calpreps.com/cgi-bin/2017/project_matchup.pl

Was gonna tell how, but Ill keep that a secret ... theres the link though

[2017] Vista Murrieta (Murrieta, CA) 31, [2017] Colquitt County (Moultrie, GA) 28 !!!!

What! 3 points? That's it? There's definitely a glitch in CP's Pam. 

Can a southern brother be a peach and use their brainy cells to find a way to stream this game. ( VM vs Colquitt)