Vista Murrieta CA vs Colquitt Co. GA

ECHS05

14 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

EXACTLY.

You cant have it both ways.

Either Colquitt is going to lose, or CalPreps is wrong.

Which is it?

BTW, #21 in Cali was VMs lowest ranking in the last 5 years.

Maybe YOU havent heard of VM, but Im pretty sure most everyone else has. Considering they are #8 in CAs dynasty ratings the last 5 years behind only SJB, DLS, Cen10, Mater Dei, Mission V, Folsom, and Serra-Gardena...

[2010] Vista Murrieta (Murrieta, CA) 38, [2010] Colquitt County (Moultrie, GA) 31

[2011] Vista Murrieta (Murrieta, CA) 28, [2011] Colquitt County (Moultrie, GA) 21

[2012] Vista Murrieta (Murrieta, CA) 35, [2012] Colquitt County (Moultrie, GA) 14

[2013] Vista Murrieta (Murrieta, CA) 34, [2013] Colquitt County (Moultrie, GA) 20
[2014] Colquitt County (Moultrie, GA) 38, [2014] Vista Murrieta (Murrieta, CA) 24
[2015] Colquitt County (Moultrie, GA) 42, [2015] Vista Murrieta (Murrieta, CA) 28

[2016] Colquitt County (Moultrie, GA) 35, [2016] Vista Murrieta (Murrieta, CA) 28

[2017] Vista Murrieta (Murrieta, CA) 30, [2017] Colquitt County (Moultrie, GA) 28

Lets see what happens Aug 26th in Moultrie Gawja

Cal is not right nor wrong, dummy, it's a rating which teams earn on their own.

hope this helps!

17 hours ago, GloryDays said:

Pretty sure there was a song written about poor Peanut's plight.

"The Devil went down to Georgia...  and adjusted their national rating scale"

Something like that.

Pretty catchy.

The problem with Opie is that he confuses newer posters from GA that want to believe like the toaster guy or my new bestie, Footballguy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

Cal is not right nor wrong, dummy, it's a rating which teams earn on their own.

hope this helps!

Except they dont earn it on their own. They play, sure, but atleast in the National Rating part, some states have man-made advantages given to them by Nederich Freeman.

3 hours ago, noonereal said:

please post a link where Ned verifies this. 

Thanks

Ned doesnt need to verify everything for it to be true.

Ned DOES verify that OOS play is the only way states scale to each other, which there is very little of. If states arent scaling to each, then they retain the scale he personally set for them. 

Essentially the same way I dont need you to tell me , to know youre an idiot.

21 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

EXACTLY.

You cant have it both ways.

Either Colquitt is going to lose, or CalPreps is wrong.

Which is it?

BTW, #21 in Cali was VMs lowest ranking in the last 5 years.

Maybe YOU havent heard of VM, but Im pretty sure most everyone else has. Considering they are #8 in CAs dynasty ratings the last 5 years behind only SJB, DLS, Cen10, Mater Dei, Mission V, Folsom, and Serra-Gardena...

Here's having it both ways -- CQ will roll big over their carefully selected opponent that has more historical bona fides than current teeth -- they've effectively selected a toothless old man that used to be good back in the day -- big props to the Hawgs 

And anyone that places any value in CP (pretty much anyone around here with a brain) is telling you it's a useless preseason predictive tool -- I have NEVER USED it and advise against it regularly -- you might as well get your palms read

#21 was VM's most current rating, meaning they've been falling every year since Cravens was on team -- #38 seems generous to everyone out here that knows them, but you're lecturing to people 3,000 miles away (that, again, will have to make that trip so knock them down another 7 points at least and they're outside of top 50 in CA effectively

however you slice it, this is not a game for the team that has the most posters on this site to be bearing their chest over -- this is Alababma scheduling Troy St, and ought to be a complete walkover

TX 5A schools schedule better CA teams

28 minutes ago, Pops said:

Here's having it both ways -- CQ will roll big over their carefully selected opponent that has more historical bona fides than current teeth -- they've effectively selected a toothless old man that used to be good back in the day -- big props to the Hawgs 

And anyone that places any value in CP (pretty much anyone around here with a brain) is telling you it's a useless preseason predictive tool -- I have NEVER USED it and advise against it regularly -- you might as well get your palms read

#21 was VM's most current rating, meaning they've been falling every year since Cravens was on team -- #38 seems generous to everyone out here that knows them, but you're lecturing to people 3,000 miles away (that, again, will have to make that trip so knock them down another 7 points at least and they're outside of top 50 in CA effectively

however you slice it, this is not a game for the team that has the most posters on this site to be bearing their chest over -- this is Alababma scheduling Troy St, and ought to be a complete walkover

TX 5A schools schedule better CA teams

I don't think Vista Murrieta has had a relevant win since any of the current students have been in school.  OLU beats them like a red headed step child every year, even JSerra had their way with VM.  Sad

On 5/28/2017 at 1:52 AM, ECHS05 said:

But over whom? Only over those we actually are superior to.

GA doesnt claim superiority over any of the Big 3. It simply claims its place. One of the top 4 FB states, and one of the most talented states in America that is only getting better in both categories.

The thing about GA is its on the rise... has been and will be. 

GA has some good athletes 

like watching them and gauging my own opinion rather than HOMER boy saying what they are

just  a fact Jack!?

2 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I don't think Vista Murrieta has had a relevant win since any of the current students have been in school.  OLU beats them like a red headed step child every year, even JSerra had their way with VM.  Sad

In 2014, OLU was winless in Trinity League but beat VM by 34 -- and, as Glory noted, they also lost to a D3 NorCal team 

in 2015, DLS was mocked for playing OLu and beating them 41-3 the year they beat VM by 15

this game was clearly a contrived legit OOS game that the rabid faithful are swallowing hook, line, and sinker 

CQ would have been better off scheduling Marietta Valley, Clayton Valley, San Ramon Valley, castro Valley or amador valley

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Idk... they did beat "Top 100" Madison (SD) last year... seems relevant ^_^

7 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

^^ Then I dont want to hear shit else about CalPreps. 

Its that simple. 

Where they are now matters.

Georgias 1st 6 ratings...

63.5 , 61 , 59.3 , 56.5 , 54.7 , 50.7 

Add those together ... 345.7 total... divide by 6 to get an average... thats 57.62...

Lets say the 63.5 team plays the 50.7 team... 63.5 wins by 16 ... so they get a 50.7+16 which is 66.7 performance rating... the other team gets a 63.5-16 which is a 47.5 performance rating... so the team that was 63.5 now becomes 65.1, and the team that was 50.7 now becomes a 49.1 bc of the 47.5 PR... the other teams dont play...

Add those back in it looks like this... 65.1, 61 , 59.3 , 56.5 , 54.7 , 49.1 ... add all those together , the average is still 57.62...

One team had to suffer for 1 to move up...

My point? Look at SoCals top 6 ratings... 99.1 , 96.4 , 90.2 , 71.3 , 67.9 , 65.5 ...

The 6th highest SoCal team is higher than the highest team in Ga... so, whats the average here?  81.73

The problem? There is no way Georgia can catch these teams... no matter how good Georgias teams are. All those points within SoCal arent going anywhere, they arent going to lose them... they might go to other teams within SoCal, but unless SoCal loses an insane amount of OOS games... theres 0 chance GA teams have a legit shot at equaling SoCal no matter what happens. Even if those teams all lose, someone will replace them. Those points will just go to other teams. These states/regions arent losing point, they are just being spread around... and SoCal starts with so many Georgia would never be able to equal that. 

Its an unfair advantage in national rankings, thats why CP should just be a State Ranking service. Theres not enough OOS games to scale states together. Its ridiculous.

8 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

The "Only" way this game works out for ECHS05 is for Cool-Hwip to roll VM by 4TD's (Aledo'd VM), and then VM rolls Mission Viejo, OLU and Jserra in consecutive weeks..

If VM beats CQ the excuse thread would be epic.

I agree with POPS in that CQ would have been better off scheduling something something valley.

If Colquitt beats VM by 4 TDs and VM rolls MV, OLu, and JSerra in consecutive weeks... then all Californians should be forced to retire from this thread and after renouncing their football as inferior and obsolete.

After all the talk from Californias of Georgias best teams being the same as SoCals 2nd level teams... if that happened itd be even worse than DLS losing OOS then going back raping all of CA 3 times in 6 years.

If all the top GA teams replaced International School of Broward type teams with a STA, Mater Dei, Allen etc type team and left the rest of the schedule the same, I can guarantee you they will get those much desired rankings you wish they had. I promise you and it's a promise I intend to keep. Leave ISB and Holy Trinity for some 1A teams. Call top 10 teams not top 10,000 teams. 

5 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Georgia would rise in the rankings and not be "undervalued" if their top teams stopped scheduling bunch of International School of Browards. It ain't brain science or rocket surgery. You want Cali and Ohio rankings, you start to by assembling Cali and Ohio schedules!! 

Lol. Who says that the Cali and Ohio schedules are any better? Outside of a select few teams they are mostly playing among themselves... Just like everyone not Florida or Bishop Gorman.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

^^ Then I dont want to hear shit else about CalPreps. 

Its that simple. 

Then stop using an algorithm based on empirical evidence before there is any evidence to discuss, as you have been implored to do repeatedly

thars even more simple but still flies way over your head

9 minutes ago, Pops said:

Then stop using an algorithm based on empirical evidence before there is any evidence to discuss, as you have been implored to do repeatedly

thars even more simple but still flies way over your head

Tell me... if theres no evidence connecting Georgia to states like California, Utah, Oregon, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Nevada, New Mexio... how do you rank them against them? Seeing as how CalPreps is solely based on results between teams thatve actually played.

I know the answer. I want to see yours.

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Lol. Who says that the Cali and Ohio schedules are any better? Outside of a select few teams they are mostly playing among themselves... Just like everyone not Florida or Bishop Gorman.

Please tell us who those CA & OH teams that each play more OOS games than GA 

damn now name one GA team that sniffs another states boundaries more than once a year

I know schedules, district games etc. love to see more of you all

30 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Tell me... if theres no evidence connecting Georgia to states like California, Utah, Oregon, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Nevada, New Mexio... how do you rank them against them? Seeing as how CalPreps is solely based on results between teams thatve actually played.

I know the answer. I want to see yours.

Your supposition is wrong....

again

Grayson played IMG and Hoover last year and was ranked perfectly between them 

next question

5 hours ago, Pops said:

Your supposition is wrong....

again

Grayson played IMG and Hoover last year and was ranked perfectly between them 

next question

Uh so? You did not answer the question. Hoover also lost Allen but was ranked ahead of them. 

Dont dodge the question, answer it.