Random $&#% Thread II

ChimpGrip

18 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

Has anyone dealt with a severe wasp infestation? Given that I am terrified of these things seeing even one (down on the ranch in the shed) can be troubling. 

Wasps everywhere have my picture in their nests. I've killed thousands of them. Wasps, yellowjackets, mud daubers, you name it. The smaller ones are quicker; the larger ones are slower and easier to kill. Like so many creatures in the animal world, they seem to be able to tell if you are afraid of them. I have found most of them are chickenshits when they see you aren't afraid of them. 

The best time to hunt them is early spring to early summer. But definitely hunt them down and don't let nests be built on your property. You can't stop them from building nests in your neighbors' yards, but destroying nests in your own yard, as soon as you see them, will cut greatly down on your problems. 

The best time to spray their nests is later in the evening when they are less active, but I don't pay any attention to that because I enjoy doing battle with them. Keep a good supply of the spray. I use Raid wasp and hornet spray, that can spray up to 22 feet, and I never let my supply run down. As soon as I spot a nest, (usually while I'm mowing the lawn) I walk into the garage and get my spray, and I'm on the attack. I also knock the nests down after spraying them (usually with a yardstick). Always wear a hat...you can stun them with that if you do run into an aggressive one, and knock them down, so you can step on them. Those are the ones that quickly learn that you are not to be messed with, and if you don't manage to step on them they will wisely retreat if you keep after them.

One other thing you can do is get a wasp trap and fill it with juice and a piece of meat. They can go in, but they can't get out. I still have one, but I haven't used it for a few years, because my other methods cut way down on the problem.

They aren't that tough. Good hunting.

• Like 1

On 8/10/2021 at 8:15 PM, imaGoodBoyNow said:

77E8F7E4-2F62-46F9-8D08-DDC9A9A2F59F.jpeg

Speaking of feeding people, for those familiar with South Park and the Casa Bonita episode, the Denver landmark amusement Mexican restaurant that had to file bankruptcy due to COVID closure is purportedly to be purchased by Matt Stone and Trey Parker.

It's a real place, with caves and tunnels and puppet shows and gun fights and an arcade and cliff divers, known around Denver for having the worst cafeteria-style Mexican food you can imagine. I went there once, and sitting too close to the cliff-diving area, ended up with a burrito smothered in...chlorine. Hell, after a couple margaritas, it wasn't bad at all.

https://www.denverpost.com/2021/08/13/trey-parker-matt-stone-buy-casa-bonita-south-park/?utm_content=fb-denverpost&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR1XN1wenqu_LTNNas98mldOzlsup9XklkUkrxO8yqQokrn6ZRPWaBuF-fM

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...