Official Joe Burrow Super Bowl RUN Thread!

RedZone

Just now, RedZone said:

Mahomes faceplanted in the Super Bowl last year, he faceplanted vs the Bengals TWICE this year, and he was lucky to even be in the AFC Champ game this year..........Atticus will never acknowledge that because, well > he's Atticus Finch.

We call him ONE SIDE FINCH on the Bayou.

Let's not talk about Joe Burrow picking up 2 or 3 huge 1st Downs on critical long 3rd downs with his legs to keep drives going or anything like that......or making big throws to Chase and Higgins when it mattered the most.

Lets blame the KC Chiefs for shitting the bed and everyone associated with the organization for the loss. Atticus is such a whiner!

Lets blame all the same Chief people for last years collapse too while we are at it....It's obviously the only way the freakin' Chiefs lose....or maybe they lose because Mahomes is NOT super human after all and just a hot dog!

13 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Mahomes faceplanted in the Super Bowl last year, he faceplanted vs the Bengals TWICE this year, and he was lucky to even be in the AFC Champ game this year..........Atticus will never acknowledge that because, well > he's Atticus Finch.

We call him ONE SIDE FINCH on the Bayou.

Thanks for the flashback of infamous Sydd Finch!  George Plimpton’s classic.  

Google it folks.  

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Let's not talk about Joe Burrow picking up 2 or 3 huge 1st Downs on critical long 3rd downs with his legs to keep drives going or anything like that......or making big throws to Chase and Higgins when it mattered the most.

RedZone constantly going to the "he made one nice throw!" or "got one critical first down!" argument.

Like last week when he tried to claim that an elementary throw was orgasm-inducing.

I know for sure that if Burrow had thrown for 400 yards and lost he'd be touting that and bagging on Burrow's teammates.

But his teammates carried him so RedZone insists on still trying to prop up Burrow regardless.

46 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Thanks for the flashback of infamous Sydd Finch!  George Plimpton’s classic.  

Google it folks.  

I think I still have the SI edition with that piece on Siddhartha Finch, the boot-wearing, flame-throwing (168 mph), quirky prospect in the Mets organization at Spring Training in 1985. Best article ever. Wish he would have loved baseball as much as he loved so many other things.

The subtitle to the article says it all:

He's a pitcher, part yogi and part recluse. Impressively liberated from our opulent life-style, Sidd's deciding about yoga—and his future in baseball.

https://www.si.com/mlb/2014/10/15/curious-case-sidd-finch

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

I think I still have the SI edition with that piece on Siddhartha Finch, the boot-wearing, flame-throwing (168 mph), quirky prospect in the Mets organization at Spring Training in 1985. Best article ever. Wish he would have loved baseball as much as he loved so many other things.

He's a pitcher, part yogi and part recluse. Impressively liberated from our opulent life-style, Sidd's deciding about yoga—and his future in baseball.

I'd get the weekly SI back then, and usually read most of it that night. Hell, I called a couple of my brothers after I read this article when I got that 4/1/85 issue.

Hook, line, and sinker. I got got.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

I remember the story but I thought he threw bare-footed? I have some old S.I. issues too.

41 minutes ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

That was legal?

Well, he wasn't as interested in baseball as he was in learning foreign languages and Buddhism and playing the French horn, among other things, so although he had pitching "stuff" like no one had ever seen (Mel Stottlemyre, then Mets pitching coach, told SI, "It's the most awesome thing that has ever happened in baseball"), he chose not to pursue taking part in competition for monetary gain. Curious case, for sure.

image.png.7029c0d5bece3a8157a0fd2494c94e84.png

image.png.eedb0b15fbb0f33b869bb3662ed0ac60.png

image.png

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

Golf,

76 was a magic summer.  Talking to the ball.  Smoothing the mound.  Saw him live a few times that season.  Detroit couldn't get enough of him.

Nice!  
When I first started playing a golf app game, I chose Al Hrabosky’s face 🤣 

I figured he was ideal to set the tone for my golf persona.  Remember his routine?  That and his facial look was priceless.  

23 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

Great writer imho.  I have his book, Who’s your Caddy?  Great read.  

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Who could've imagined that a guy who didn't make the Pro Bowl didn't finish in the top 3 of MVP voting?

Green Bay Packers' Aaron Rodgers wins 2nd straight MVP; Cooper Kupp top offensive player

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Coach of the Year Mike Vrabel will be watching the Super Bowl like Aaron Rodgers.....on TV.

One of the things they need to look seriously at this off season is MVP voting and voting for other awards. 

It's obviously still an old man's league.