Buford defeats Thompson 38-7

ATLien12x

2 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I feel like the most complete team is gonna end up being Mill Creek or Colquitt... after this week... 

I'm not even gonna try to guess. I assume there will be some of the usual suspects in there. I'd hope Colquitt would be. Mill Creek could be. Some other Gwinnett Football league built team will be. Maybe even two. 

Im curious about Camden. Parkview looked good against a terrible team already. They could be hanging around. Hard to guess at this point.

Buford is the same team every year honestly. This year they are more talented than a lot of their previous versions. That’s the only difference. That said they will need to be able to throw the football effectively to win state. If they can do that, they’re definitely talented enough to win a state championship. Buford isn’t the typical 4A/5A program playing up. Everyone in Georgia knows that. They’re big up front on both sides of the ball and they have elite athletes. It all comes down to QB play which I think is the case for anyone in Georgia 7A. It has to improve for Buford and it should. Thompson is NOT one of the better offenses Buford will play this year. Buford was never really stressed today because Thompson couldn’t score. It’s easy to keep doing what you’re doing when you know you get crack after crack. Defensively Thompson may be top three Buford will see all season long, but someone in November is going to score on them and they’ll need to answer the bell. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ATLien12x said:

Buford is the same team every year honestly. This year they are more talented than a lot of their previous versions. That’s the only difference. That said they will need to be able to throw the football effectively to win state. If they can do that, they’re definitely talented enough to win a state championship. Buford isn’t the typical 4A/5A program playing up. Everyone in Georgia knows that. They’re big up front on both sides of the ball and they have elite athletes. It all comes down to QB play which I think is the case for anyone in Georgia 7A. It has to improve for Buford and it should. Thompson is NOT one of the better offenses Buford will play this year. Buford was never really stressed today because Thompson couldn’t score. It’s easy to keep doing what you’re doing when you know you get crack after crack. Defensively Thompson may be top three Buford will see all season long, but someone in November is going to score on them and they’ll need to answer the bell. 

Exactly what I think as well

6 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Not enough offense is the how, and most any 7A team after the 2nd round. 

Duh. The big boys. Whoever it is that is making the run and still playing ball around Thanksgiving. 

Man Buford is Buford. Never had a sexy offense to begin with. Key to success is to run the ball and play good defense. Just like nova cane. Give it time; it always works.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Colquitt,Grayson,Mill Creek and Maybe Parkview provided they dont hit a pot hole in the road... 

And I almost said North Cobb but uhhh...  

Im done believeing in any cobb county school outside of Marietta... 

Even now as we speak Kennessaw Mountain  screwing up against Cass... 

CASS 

The place where Cartersville and Woodlands send their leftovers... 

Yea, I’m watching Westlake run it down NC throat tonight so far 

Mill Creek has never had a high class championship level football team in their programs history. They’ve had a lot of good teams. They’re a good program. They truly are. They have an ELITE player this year in five star Caleb Downs. Dynamic on both sides of the ball. They return a 2000+ yard passer. A Clemson commit at linebacker. Still it’s just not enough for me and it hasn’t ever been. Their best team was the 2015 group that ran into the Colquitt buzzaaw but even that year they wouldn’t have beaten Roswell the next week

im just not sold on Mill Creek being a state champion ever. They’re a great litmus test. They’re a 7A gatekeeper. I’ll take Buford over them

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Man Buford is Buford. Never had a sexy offense to begin with. Key to success is to run the ball and play good defense. Just like nova cane. Give it time; it always works.  

How many td's did they score offensively? 

There are other teams that will grind with them, and there are some that will stress them with a fantastic passing game. I can't tell how they'll fare against a high scoring offense through the air. 

If someone jumps on them with some quick strikes they gonna have to get off that 3 runs and a cloud of dust shit. 

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

How many td's did they score offensively? 

There are other teams that will grind with them, and their are some that will stress them with a fantastic passing game. I can't tell how they'll fare against a high scoring offense through the air. 

If someone jumps on them with some quick strikes they gonna have to get off that 3 runs and a cloud of dust shit. 

Twice. I'm never gonna put TOO much stock into week 1 games for teams. I usually give them a pass because the offense is either gonna be way ahead of the defense or the defense is gonna be way ahead of the offense. Now, if Buford doesn't have it together offensively by week3/4, then I'll begin to worry. Talent isn't the issue. They played a lot of musical chairs in the run game tonight. 

3 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Twice. I'm never gonna put TOO much stock into week 1 games for teams. I usually give them a pass because the offense is either gonna be way ahead of the defense or the defense is gonna be way ahead of the offense. Now, if Buford doesn't have it together offensively by week3/4, then I'll begin to worry. Talent isn't the issue. They played a lot of musical chairs in the run game tonight. 

Crown em! Every 7A team in Georgia is gonna lay down for the mighty Buford. xD

They scored two offensive times against a basically unimpressive Thompson who had less offense than them. 

We'll see. 

Mallard Creek beat Myers Park 21-3 last night in the rain......Mallard Creek is always pretty ATHed up, but this doesn't seem to be one of their more star- studded teams.....

Buford handled Myers Park last year 44-17.

Buford 35 Mallard Creek, NC 13

Looks about right to Sure Shot!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Crown em! Every 7A team in Georgia is gonna lay down for the mighty Buford. xD

The scored two offensive times against a basically unimpressive Thompson who had less offense than them. 

We'll see. 

I put my money on em to win 7A. They'll be fine. 

Thompson unimpressive. Does that mean they're not good? Overrated? 

• Like 1