Southern section week 0 thread

HurricaneNick

1 minute ago, GoBigBlack said:

They aren't even 11th in their own division. You're mad because a computer didn't know that every returning starter transferred out. 

Excuses, excuses, excuses......

What exactly does the computer know is what I want to know?....nothing, would probably be correct.

12 minutes ago, GoBigBlack said:

Not sure... 750 - 1,000 probably.

Somewhere around 900.  But, I realize it’s not apples to apples.  In the case of MD/SJB and to an extent Cen10, it’s more like pineapples to apples based on talent acquisition.  Roosevelt in Eastvale has the largest 9-12 enrollment in the Southern section, if not the entire state at around 4600, but ever hear much about them? 
My point is, that while the big three continue to play at an elevated level, the rest of the southern section, including the “other” TL teams are unremarkable.  Mission Viejo has been pretty steady but we saw in last years playoff game against Cen10 where they really stand.  What do you think 2014 Serra Gardena would have done to this years OLU.?  Where is Bishop Amat now compared to years past? Oaks Christian?  Rancho (either one) Upland? Vista Murrieta?  LBP?  

Overall, the level of play has dropped off in the SS. 

30 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Somewhere around 900.  But, I realize it’s not apples to apples.  In the case of MD/SJB and to an extent Cen10, it’s more like pineapples to apples based on talent acquisition.  Roosevelt in Eastvale has the largest 9-12 enrollment in the Southern section, if not the entire state at around 4600, but ever hear much about them? 
My point is, that while the big three continue to play at an elevated level, the rest of the southern section, including the “other” TL teams are unremarkable.  Mission Viejo has been pretty steady but we saw in last years playoff game against Cen10 where they really stand.  What do you think 2014 Serra Gardena would have done to this years OLU.?  Where is Bishop Amat now compared to years past? Oaks Christian?  Rancho (either one) Upland? Vista Murrieta?  LBP?  

Overall, the level of play has dropped off in the SS. 

You’re absolutely right. Probably because all the players are at a handful of schools now. 

Allen and BG have advantages of their own the others don’t, that’s all I’m saying. It will never be a truly even playing field or comparison.

6 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

They won by fucking 85 😂😂😂😂

& Anthony Catalano (cen10 director of college recruiting & former stud player) was on the spaces last night talking with Matt from Amat about how they battle it out for kids. No more cen10 is the regular ol public talk please 😂

That’s funny I was listening to that same spaces and I didn’t hear him say anything like that 🤔 They were talking about the score of the game etc. and if anyone wants to listen for themselves go to Tarek Fattal twitter space and Catalano comes in at the 1:11:47 mark 

6 hours ago, RedZone said:

..calpreps had servite #11 nationally. Yeah, boy! lol

#gocalpreps

11 Servite (Anaheim, CA)   team preview   trend Southern Trinity   0-0 0-0 0-0 72.9 0 0-0
WINS: none, LOSSES: none

Servite was preseason #24 in the LA Times. They aren’t even a top 30 Cali team. 
Calpreps ranking preseason is meaningless when the data the ranking is based on is wrong and obsolete. Servite’s preseason ranking by Calpreps is ‘Exhibit A’ for why we should not take their preseason rankings seriously.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

Servite was preseason #24 in the LA Times. They aren’t even a top 30 Cali team. 
Calpreps ranking preseason is meaningless when the data the ranking is based on is wrong and obsolete. Servite’s preseason ranking by Calpreps is ‘Exhibit A’ for why we should not take their preseason rankings seriously.

There's no way you can defend calpreps, man.

The team that beat servite is now a Top 100 team.....#77 

They were #893 going into the game.

It just keeps getting worse and worse. A real comedy show.

3 hours ago, SoCalFball said:

That’s funny I was listening to that same spaces and I didn’t hear him say anything like that 🤔 They were talking about the score of the game etc. and if anyone wants to listen for themselves go to Tarek Fattal twitter space and Catalano comes in at the 1:11:47 mark 

It was on Arams space after the Amat game. Clear as day. 

• Like 1

Long Beach Millikan comes out to the westside of Phoenix to play Peoria Sunrise Mountain in two weeks; anyone have any insight into what they bring to the table? 

My traditional understanding is that the bulk of the talent in LB has been diverted to Poly almost by design, but I don't know if that's accurate or outdated. Sunrise is probably a low tier two team out here; they won the 5A title in 2020 and had a strong case to be an Open participant that year (beat rival Liberty head to head during regular season; Liberty would be slotted in Open ahead of Mustangs and took Chandler to OT in semifinals).

Saw Millikan stomped Santa Ana in their opener and seem to have a nice enough quarterback.

46 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Long Beach Millikan comes out to the westside of Phoenix to play Peoria Sunrise Mountain in two weeks; anyone have any insight into what they bring to the table? 

My traditional understanding is that the bulk of the talent in LB has been diverted to Poly almost by design, but I don't know if that's accurate or outdated. Sunrise is probably a low tier two team out here; they won the 5A title in 2020 and had a strong case to be an Open participant that year (beat rival Liberty head to head during regular season; Liberty would be slotted in Open ahead of Mustangs and took Chandler to OT in semifinals).

Saw Millikan stomped Santa Ana in their opener and seem to have a nice enough quarterback.

Always thought they were more of a baseball school, don’t think they are much in football.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

Cali guys, what's the deal with Alemany? Because they seem to have Lone Peak (UT) problems... 

Lone Peak, UT beat alemany, ca 49-20, but ca is more interested in Louisiana. 

If ca didn't have mater haze and sjb fighting their OOS battles they would be Oregon! 😄

3 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

Cali guys, what's the deal with Alemany? Because they seem to have Lone Peak (UT) problems... 

I think they just might not be very good? I know they lost a lot of their staff and had question marks. That was my one pick em game I had big doubts and should have gone LP.

Honestly the Mission league to me is really unpredictable. Never have been a big Serra or Sierra Canyon fan. SC should be top 1-3 though. 

I like Amat, but am curious if NDSO is a wildcard, they destroyed a crappy Crespi team. I don’t think Nade or Alemany will be that good. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Lone Peak, UT beat alemany, ca 49-20, but ca is more interested in Louisiana. 

If ca didn't have mater haze and sjb fighting their OOS battles they would be Oregon! 😄

Dumber by the day. A top 5 football state no matter how you spin it. Sorry the murder capitol sucks but you for right in down there chipper.