DBP vs. Edgewater

I AM IRONMAN

Just now, Atticus Finch said:

I did.

Your statement is spectacularly stupid. The kind of thing that New Jersey fans have become infamous for.

The game article said 6 sacks.

So you were only off by 83%.

The game article is dead wrong.  

when you average .8 yards a carry for 95% of the game, you have problems, right?

if he didn’t run out of the pocket on almost every down on the last drive …

More to the point, i’m much smarter than you are.  You’re a tiresome bore with issues.  Why do you make promises you break?  You could have used the time here elsewhere to to better adjust and acclimate yourself to society.  You could probably give your family a better life if you picked up part-time work, rather than wasting immense time polluting this board with your childlike nonsense.  I see no saving graces in you.  You’re heading backwards emotionally and mentally.  You might be on the spectrum.  Your the most toxic person on here.  Get lost and head back around the block.  Don’t sidle yourself near me—I will beat you down. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

If you think the "other schools closing" is all there was to it then I have a beachfront to sell you in Nebraska.  Muhammed was from Irvington and Peppers from E.O. - are you saying they were enrolled at Paterson Catholic?  Caroo was from Pisctataway and actively recruited to the tune of it being arranged for him having a place to live with a family in Ramsey.  

But for your sanity I'll just concede.  When the BNU teams went down south they brought with them a brand of football that overwhelmed the southern teams and put the myth to bed that football is better in FL or GA

Muhammed was enrolled in Paterson Catholic as well as Schumate....2 Div. players that were "gifts" and as far other kids that went to Bosco?...they usually approach the school and want to go to Bosco vs. being "recruited"...we had a kid from Conn....because he wanted to be at Bosco.

21 minutes ago, Testadura said:

In 16 games, Manatee scored 565 points, averaging over 35 a game.  O seems ok   

against Bosco and GC, manatee scored 16 and 17    tough teams tend to present issues   

manatee won 40-0 in the 7A final.  O was fine there.  

they scored 20 to best 3A champ AHHS  not the greatest show on turf but enough to win  

scored 29 on 12-2 Palmetto   Manatee’s D gave up too many points   Not an O problem there   

fpc was a tight playoff win   Fpc was 9-2   

Dwyer was 12-2.  In that playoff game, Manatee scored 19.  Dwyer beat STA 6-3.  

So against top teams and nationally-ranked teams Manatee’s defense and offense struggled.  Both struggled  

manatee finished top-10 nationally and 7A champs.  Good for them.  

Manatee’s O above

26 minutes ago, Testadura said:

In 16 games, Manatee scored 565 points, averaging over 35 a game.  O seems ok   

I got through two words and a number and you already got something factually wrong.

They couldn't possibly play 16 games since 15 is the max.

They scored 545 points (but were held below 20 points four different times).

6 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

Muhammed was enrolled in Paterson Catholic as well as Schumate....2 Div. players that were "gifts" and as far other kids that went to Bosco?...they usually approach the school and want to go to Bosco vs. being "recruited"...we had a kid from Conn....because he wanted to be at Bosco.

Got it - I didn't realize that Muhammed was enrolled (I knew about Shumate because he was out of Paterson). 

5 hours ago, GrecoRoman said:

If you think the "other schools closing" is all there was to it then I have a beachfront to sell you in Nebraska.  Muhammed was from Irvington and Peppers from E.O. - are you saying they were enrolled at Paterson Catholic?  Caroo was from Pisctataway and actively recruited to the tune of it being arranged for him having a place to live with a family in Ramsey.  

But for your sanity I'll just concede.  When the BNU teams went down south they brought with them a brand of football that overwhelmed the southern teams and put the myth to bed that football is better in FL or GA

Silly rabbit, trying to put words in other's mouths, and relating what you think that other's think, so you can object... is a losing strategy....(although rampant on this board LOL)

"other schools closing" was the example (of non-recruiting) which merely "put them over the top"....Lern to read LOL.

So Item 2, Geography for the win? LOL... AGAIN as good programs attract talent...when that occurs, the team stepped to the plate and simply joined ALL THE REST of them "national type" programs who LONG AGO set that path....If they "attracted talent" to bully shitty programs and Big Fish/Little Ponded it  I might be arguing your side, but we all know that is not what was accomplished...

PS: I guess your best way to build a better team to "get those kids to the next level" was just you bullsharting....

....as you kick that to the curb in denial o.O 

BTW: "Homegrown Homerism" may sound good for the neighborhood fan, but are you REALLY trying to argue that is better professionally?... 

or just personally.   

2 hours ago, GrecoRoman said:

exclusive rights on recruiting, ESPECIALLY for those "tougher and better" (apparently in your mind) states you mentioned No - in the mind of every single college coach in the nation.  Dade and Broward county by themselves have double the amount of D1 and NFL players as the whole state.                                                                                  Just understand how unbelievably immature and pathetic you look.  

Laughing Hysterically GIFs | Tenor

Homegrown Homer in da house !!!

My county is better than yer county!

I project all you Jersey guys think like I do...

at the state level.

Bullhorn GIFs | Tenor

PS: Just understand how unbelievably immature and pathetic you look. xD

1 hour ago, GrecoRoman said:

Got it - I didn't realize that Muhammed was enrolled (I knew about Shumate because he was out of Paterson). 

I rode the Paterson Bus to Bosco too...

Went there for primarily for the Academics.

But you probably think,

I was "unfairly recruited" too...

Laughing Hysterically GIFs | Tenor

PS: thanks for the laughs xD

3 hours ago, Testadura said:

Anthony Lauro.  Fastest kid on Manatee   Sakowski annihilated him, and he got up   Tough kid   

I’ve always said that we sometimes catch teams not at their very best and vice versa.   But these teams turn over so quickly.  We maybe never beat the best DLS, though one of them won states   But many of the best DLS teams would not delight in seeing our 4-5 best teams over the 2002-11 span 

‘14 wasn’t our best, but STA was beyond loaded.  We picked an STA that should have crushed us   

‘13 was not a good team but we took on MC, were winning for a quarter and a half???  and Within 2 scores thru most of q3   We had 7 starters out and lost 3 more during the game—our best LB, 3* OT Smith, and our fastest guy Dalton Friend.   Those injuries made NO difference as we never had the talent   Our 3rd-string DE was a lacrosse player at 195 lbs   He started against a 4* OT on a fully-starred, FBS OL   Point being, we played the best at our worst   We didn’t cheap shot, as you graciously point out  

same with ‘12.  We lost to Gilman, Joes, and BC twice.   Everyone in the boards said if Toal pulls this off he’s coach of the year. But we showed up to Florida with that team and beat a far-better STA.  Didn’t STA win states that year?  Weren’t they possibly playing the best football in the country at year’s end.  And I always said that STA would have beaten us the next week had they played   

‘11 Bosco’s D would have made any game a battle.  Maybe they would have lost to those undoubtedly great Florida teams.  But the discussion should be fun.  Not demeaning, which you haven’t been.  

Truth is after 2010 STA just was 't the same even if we had similar talent (mainly D side)

Smith stepped down as head coach and things took a big step back on O for many years.    Still, those were impressive games by DBP imo.   

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

"Wait! What?! You're not allowed to say this?! Who thinks that better teams can lose games?! It's impossible! The better team always wins!" - @DBP66

Everyone knows when you lose the game, you can still claim yer better...because well...reputation and all...- Anal Flinch

Up My Ass GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

PS: @DBP66 you need a different, preferably non-objective reason ....xD

BTW: And you must dismiss the actual on-field performance  (like Anal does), when it doesn't line up with said reputations...

image.jpeg.b60007f2bc7b0f2c13520c584c50c974.jpeg 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NJ2015 said:

The time wasted on a message board during a 3 day weekend arguing with anonymous posters about a game that took place 10 years ago.  Carry on

Hence my 2nd-to-last post.  I came on the last day or 2 just to chop it up with Greco and clean up some stuff   

Many were constructive and respectful especially to Florida.  

people know that.  That dude belongs behind a key board.  Would never have lasted outside the house.  

• Haha 1

@GrecoRoman yesterday I was compelled to pull up an old folder I had of funny quotes from message board goofballs. Here are some selections of noonereal's greatest hits related to the topic we discussed.

"And while I am at it, if STA had to play BC, SJR and Bosco every year there is no way in hell they would have ever had the 5 national ranking they do have. Would you dare dispute this?"

"STA would not even be competitive in FL never mind nationally if they had to 'make' football players out of general enrollment as does Bosco."

"STA = St. Peters Prep"

"SPP, BC, SJR and Bosco can play with any team in the country year in and year out."

"Keep an eye on SJR, SPP and BC. You will learn. Their programs are as good as anyone in the country."

"Last year a terrible NJ team beat the FL state champion. It makes me wonder if NJ's best teams aren't THE best in the country."

"It was always the same in NJ. SJR and BC have had national top 25 teams all long as well."

"Either of these teams would destroy gorman as would spp."

"You do realize NJ has 3 teams better than Gorman don't you?"

"Well, the truth is, NJ's best is the nation’s best."

"NJ's Big North is like the NFL, each team is a stud."

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

"And while I am at it, if STA had to play BC, SJR and Bosco every year there is no way in hell they would have ever had the 5 national ranking they do have. Would you dare dispute this?"

"STA would not even be competitive in FL never mind nationally if they had to 'make' football players out of general enrollment as does Bosco."

"STA = St. Peters Prep"

"SPP, BC, SJR and Bosco can play with any team in the country year in and year out."

"Keep an eye on SJR, SPP and BC. You will learn. Their programs are as good as anyone in the country."

"Last year a terrible NJ team beat the FL state champion. It makes me wonder if NJ's best teams aren't THE best in the country."

"It was always the same in NJ. SJR and BC have had national top 25 teams all long as well."

"Either of these teams would destroy gorman as would spp."

"You do realize NJ has 3 teams better than Gorman don't you?"

"Well, the truth is, NJ's best is the nation’s best."

"NJ's Big North is like the NFL, each team is a stud."

Big Facts

4 minutes ago, FreeBird said:

Big Facts

Which one did you change your name from in shame? Are you GMCGURU000?

GMCCURU000

"Prep and BC would both kick Lakelands teeth in this year."

"Lakeland is extremely undisciplined. A few people on the NJ board are saying that DBP would beat Lakeland by 30 if they came to Jersey and played like that.  I absolutely agree.  They looked just absolutely awful. Athleticism got them that win. I don't respect programs like that. I just can't."

"That 'Go Long, im gonna throw it as far as I can' attitude would've gotten Lakeland THROTTLED by a great team.
I would've taken SEVERAL teams in NJ to demolish them this year. Including an off the mark Wayne Hills team. Castle has no control over his players when things aren't going in their favor. I'd be absolutely embarrassed to be a fan of a team of with that mindset. A bunch of freakin primadonna pansies. 
This year you guys were full of light in the pants miscreants who respect nobody. And that's precisely why your guys were leaving the field on stretchers and getting hit in the face like you've never been hit before by a team that got demolished by 24 a week prior. That thug attitude can stay @ home."

"They beat a hole in your heads for four quarters, and you don't think Bosco would’ve routed em!?!? Bosco was good and Lakeland was a bunch of pu$$ies. That's why DLS almost beat them. Because they hit them like nobody from Florida has in years. Those chumps can't deal with the physicality of the game from REAL teams.?"

"Bergen and SJR are much closer to Bosco then you think."

"Don't think NJ is all Bosco because believe you me... We are not. This year will be the coming out party... When Bosco slaps Manatee into the dirt and finishes third in their league, maybe you'll open your eyes a bit."

"I think SPP and BC both CAN beat Bosco this year, DBP will be the underdog in both bouts."

"Truthfully- SPP has the best rushing attack in the country. This is their year... They will make a run for the MNC."

9 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

"Prep and BC would both kick Lakelands teeth in this year."

"Lakeland is extremely undisciplined. A few people on the NJ board are saying that DBP would beat Lakeland by 30 if they came to Jersey and played like that.  I absolutely agree.  They looked just absolutely awful. Athleticism got them that win. I don't respect programs like that. I just can't."

"That 'Go Long, im gonna throw it as far as I can' attitude would've gotten Lakeland THROTTLED by a great team.
I would've taken SEVERAL teams in NJ to demolish them this year. Including an off the mark Wayne Hills team. Castle has no control over his players when things aren't going in their favor. I'd be absolutely embarrassed to be a fan of a team of with that mindset. A bunch of freakin primadonna pansies. 
This year you guys were full of light in the pants miscreants who respect nobody. And that's precisely why your guys were leaving the field on stretchers and getting hit in the face like you've never been hit before by a team that got demolished by 24 a week prior. That thug attitude can stay @ home."

"They beat a hole in your heads for four quarters, and you don't think Bosco would’ve routed em!?!? Bosco was good and Lakeland was a bunch of pu$$ies. That's why DLS almost beat them. Because they hit them like nobody from Florida has in years. Those chumps can't deal with the physicality of the game from REAL teams.?"

"Bergen and SJR are much closer to Bosco then you think."

"Don't think NJ is all Bosco because believe you me... We are not. This year will be the coming out party... When Bosco slaps Manatee into the dirt and finishes third in their league, maybe you'll open your eyes a bit."

"I think SPP and BC both CAN beat Bosco this year, DBP will be the underdog in both bouts."

"Truthfully- SPP has the best rushing attack in the country. This is their year... They will make a run for the MNC."

He ain’t lyin

7 minutes ago, FreeBird said:

He ain’t lyin

Maybe you're IronManiac.

Here he is telling us that a 5'10" kid who couldn't hack it at New Hampshire, and had to transfer to Bentley College, was a better player than James Wilder.

"Wilder is big and strong but he doesn't have half the playing ability of the kid Halligan you are all making fun of. That kid was a gamer and a fantastic scrambler and defensive back. Although he did not have size and speed to translate to the next level he was as good a high school player you would find anywhere in the country."

8 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Maybe you're IronManiac.

Here he is telling us that a 5'10" kid who couldn't hack it at New Hampshire, and had to transfer to Bentley College, was a better player than James Wilder.

"Wilder is big and strong but he doesn't have half the playing ability of the kid Halligan you are all making fun of. That kid was a gamer and a fantastic scrambler and defensive back. Although he did not have size and speed to translate to the next level he was as good a high school player you would find anywhere in the country."

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog