Vista Murrieta vs. Colquitt County, 8/25/17

PrepGridiron

Who wins?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you got in this CA/GA battle?

• Colquitt County (GA) Packers
    • Vista Murrieta (CA) Broncos

18 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Wait a minute I thought this was California football. 

Home of the  6'5 220 golden boys and 4,000 yard rushers??? 

Muscle Beach High!!!! 

How in the hell is some Podunk cow  Town gonna compete with that??

This game would  only be close because Rush will be lining the refs pockets with running clock money.  Doesn't matter 

VM 53

Cold-QUIT 7

You sound like Uncle Rush, when he first came to Moultrie! And said that with one week to prepare! There wasn't a team on the PLANET, who could stop his offense! Four days later, Randy MAC welcomed him to Region ONE, 51-0!:$

4 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Id settle for 8-4.

After all, they are playing the #6, 7, 8 , & 10 team in D1 (the best teams in SoCal) according to Ararars little poll. - http://cifss.org/sports/football-11/polls/

8-4 sounds about right...  for having to play Colquitt, Mission Viejo, OLu, JSerra, & Murrieta Valley plus counting a loss in the playoffs

I think they lose every one of those games and go 5-6. Murrieta Valley being their only chance at a W. So 6-5 or 7-5 at best.

5 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Id settle for 8-4.

After all, they are playing the #6, 7, 8 , & 10 team in D1 (the best teams in SoCal) according to Ararars little poll. - http://cifss.org/sports/football-11/polls/

8-4 sounds about right...  for having to play Colquitt, Mission Viejo, OLu, JSerra, & Murrieta Valley plus counting a loss in the playoffs

That's 5-5 or 5-6, 7-6 if you want to assume 2 playoff wins

that does sound about right

thats what everyone from CA has been saying and that team isn't top 25 in CA or as good as any VM team this decade

44 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

Only a man in control of the outcome bets. 

I am not in control, so I don't bet. 

Or a guy that's willing to back up his assertions with a friendly wager

especially as "any amount" and "charity" were part of equation

youre not that guy either, apparently

13 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

NFHSnetwork (subscription required) 

http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/colquitt-county-high-school-moultrie-ga/416467ab03

Colquitt broadcast crew does such a great job, they're homers but very fair and give props when due. They handled that Grayson beating with a ton of class last year. And the Tucker loss. As well as their many wins. In 2016 they shifted to HD too once broadcasting all their games on NFHS so the quality is really good. I'm looking forward to it 

I really enjoy listening to the Colquitt broadcast crew.  Sure they are a touch homer but I'd be disappointed if they weren't.  I enjoy the football analysis and their Southern style.  I'd much rather listen to them than many other higher level "professionals" although I do have to say I was reasonably impressed with the crew 11Alive had doing the Corky Kell.

14 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Guess we'll see.

You guys spend so much time sandbagging you forget your words will be meaningless right after VM plays Mission Viejo, Orange Lutheran, JSerra, & Murrieta Valley...

Well the Mission V game will tell plenty...

This. 

The sandbaggging is unreal. These things will work itself out when VM plays all those teams. Sandbagging is a waste of time its only purpose is trolling. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

[2017] Vista Murrieta (Murrieta, CA) 28, [2017] Colquitt County (Moultrie, GA) 27

... anything less than this from Vista Murrieta and Id be ashamed to show my username around here again if I were you

HAHAHAHA the man who has authored novels about his hatred for CalPreps sure does use it alot!!!!

14 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

NFHSnetwork (subscription required) 

http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/colquitt-county-high-school-moultrie-ga/416467ab03

Colquitt broadcast crew does such a great job, they're homers but very fair and give props when due. They handled that Grayson beating with a ton of class last year. And the Tucker loss. As well as their many wins. In 2016 they shifted to HD too once broadcasting all their games on NFHS so the quality is really good. I'm looking forward to it 

Will those of is on the west be able to understand what they are saying?  Or should we prepare our rab gibberish to english books?  For some reason I picture them sounding like the asst coach in the overalls in The Waterboy! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AztecPadre said:

Will those of is on the west be able to understand what they are saying?  Or should we prepare our rab gibberish to english books?  For some reason I picture them sounding like the asst coach in the overalls in The Waterboy! 

Just make sure to have your frogcakes and sweet tea before you give a listen. It tends to help understand what they are saying if you sample the cuisine first.

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/22/2017 at 2:00 AM, ECHS05 said:

Id settle for 8-4.

On 8/22/2017 at 5:57 AM, steeler01 said:

I think they lose every one of those games and go 5-6. Murrieta Valley being their only chance at a W. So 6-5 or 7-5 at best.

Murrieta Valley is the only game they have a chance at winning.B|