L.A. Times 25

Ararar

look at the top 25 high schools football teams in the Southland:

Rk. School (W-L) Result Next game (last week’s ranking) 

1. MATER DEI (3-0) def. Bergen Catholic, 62-14 | vs. Stockton St. Mary's (at Levi's Stadium, Santa Clara), Saturday (1) 

2. ST. JOHN BOSCO (3-1) def. Dorsey, 69-14 | at Washington (D.C.) St. John's, Saturday (2) 

3. CORONA CENTENNIAL (3-1) def. Narbonne, 52-6 | at Eastvale Roosevelt, Oct. 6 (3) 

4. MISSION VIEJO (4-0) def. Long Beach Poly, 12-7 | vs. Santa Margarita (at Trabuco Hills), Friday (4)

5. RANCHO CUCAMONGA (3-0) def. Bishop Amat, 31-7 | vs. Citrus Hill, Friday (5)

6. CHAMINADE (3-1) def. Bakersfield, 43-14 | at Crespi, Friday (6)

7. JSERRA (4-0) def. Vista Murrieta, 26-9 | vs. Los Alamitos, Friday (8)

8. SERVITE (4-0) def. Villa Park, 47-14 | at Garfield, Friday (9)

9. UPLAND (4-0) def. La Mirada, 49-7 | at Great Oak, Friday (10)

10. LONG BEACH POLY (2-1) lost to Mission Viejo, 12-7 | at Millikan, Friday (7)

11. VALENCIA (3-0) def. Newbury Park, 48-7 | vs. Bakersfield, Friday (12)

12. SAN CLEMENTE (4-0) def. Murrieta Valley, 62-27 | vs. Palos Verdes (at El Camino College) (13)

13. ORANGE LUTHERAN (4-0) def. Norco, 41-28 | vs. Heritage (at Orange Coast College), Friday (14)

14. SANTA MARGARITA (4-0) def. Mayfair, 49-3 | vs. Mission Viejo (at Trabuco Hills), Friday (15)

15. EASTVALE ROOSEVELT (2-1) def. Alta Loma, 41-6 | at La Quinta, Friday (16)

16. NARBONNE (2-2) lost to Corona Centennial, 52-6 | vs. Honolulu St. Louis (at Aloha Stadium), Sat. (11)

17. GARDENA SERRA (1-2) idle | at Alemany, Friday (17)

18. OAKS CHRISTIAN (3-1) def. Alemany, 30-24 | at Murrieta Valley, Friday (19)

19. PARACLETE (3-1) def. Ridgecrest Burroughs, 56-28 | vs. Tehachapi (at Antelope Valley College), Friday (20)

20. CALABASAS (3-0) def. Oxnard Pacifica, 48-29 | at El Camino Real, Friday (21)

21. HERITAGE (4-0) def. Redlands East Valley, 50-29 | vs. Orange Lutheran (at Orange Coast College), Friday (23)

22. CHARTER OAK (4-0) def. Damien, 23-0 | vs. South Hills, Friday (24)

23. EDISON (3-1) def. San Juan Hills, 28-0 | at San Clemente, Sep. 29 (25)

24. LOYOLA (3-1) def. Cathedral, 17-7 | at Sherman OaksNotre Dame, Friday (NR)

25. WESTLAKE (4-0) def. Birmingham, 40-21 | vs. Moorpark, Friday (NR) 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I have 6 ahead of 4/5 in my rankings. Am I wrong? 

Chaminade definitely better than RC.

My personal LA 25 stuffZ

1. Mater Dei

2. St. Johnathan Boscovian

3. Corona Centennial

4. Chaminade

5. Mission Viejo (with RB Jamari Ferrell MV is 4)

6. Santa Margarita

7. Rancho Cucamonga

8. Long Beach Poly

9. Orange Lutheran

10. JSerra

33 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Chaminade definitely better than RC.

My personal LA 25 stuffZ

1. Mater Dei

2. St. Johnathan Boscovian

3. Corona Centennial

4. Chaminade

5. Mission Viejo (with RB Jamari Ferrell MV is 4)

6. Santa Margarita

7. Rancho Cucamonga

8. Long Beach Poly

9. Orange Lutheran

10. JSerra

No Servite again.   smdh

7 hours ago, Ararar said:

Have to win a game for ranking consideration 

Theyve played #4, 7, and 13... and #13 should be higher. So they havent played Slap-Dick McSlappy High.

Those teams are 6, 7, and 9 in all of CA on CalifornicationPreps.com. 

If you look at their """National Rankings""" at CP, VM has played 37, 42, 50, and 101... I wonder if any team has played a schedule that difficult yet? ... other than BG.

3 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Theyve played #4, 7, and 13... and #13 should be higher. So they havent played Slap-Dick McSlappy High.

If you look at their """National Rankings""" at CP, VM has played 37, 42, 50, and 101... I wonder if any team has played a schedule that difficult yet? ... other than BG.

Lol 9 of Calpreps top 25 have a tougher SOS.Just stop with trying to pump up VM.

6 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Thank goodness they didn't play brookwood!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Ararar said:

Lol 9 of Calpreps top 25 have a tougher SOS.Just stop with trying to pump up VM.

I only see 4 teams with a tougher SOS in the Top 25... IMG, Cen10 (bc they played IMGs ridiculous rating), BG and BC... seems you imagined the other 5.

Im guessing 1 is IMG... theyve played 2 games, and Chandler aint all that this year.  VMs is tougher.

Centennials is only tougher because IMG has an insane Rating of 125+... and IMGs rating is only that high bc Ned placed them that high. IMG hasnt even come close to a 125 Performance rating in either of their games. And the only team that could give them a 125+ PR at this point is if they beat Mater Dei by 25 and that aint happening, mainly bc they dont play. Cen10s schedule doesnt stack up outside of IMG... Narbonne, then Pittsburg and Etiwanda

BG --- already mentioned this one. BG has had the toughest schedule in the nation so far by a wide margin.

BC --- DPC, MD, and ABW... would you really stack that up vs Mission Viejo, Colquitt, OLu, & JSerra?  Mater D is the best team there, but VM may have the next 4 and then BCs other 2 bringing up the rear.

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

I only see 4 teams with a tougher SOS in the Top 25... IMG, Cen10 (bc they played IMGs ridiculous rating), BG and BC... seems you imagined the other 5.

Im guessing 1 is IMG... theyve played 2 games, and Chandler aint all that this year.  VMs is tougher.

Centennials is only tougher because IMG has an insane Rating of 125+... and IMGs rating is only that high bc Ned placed them that high. IMG hasnt even come close to a 125 Performance rating in either of their games. And the only team that could give them a 125+ PR at this point is if they beat Mater Dei by 25 and that aint happening, mainly bc they dont play. Cen10s schedule doesnt stack up outside of IMG... Narbonne, then Pittsburg and Etiwanda

BG --- already mentioned this one. BG has had the toughest schedule in the nation so far by a wide margin.

BC --- DPC, MD, and ABW... would you really stack that up vs Mission Viejo, Colquitt, OLu, & JSerra?  Mater D is the best team there, but VM may have the next 4 and then BCs other 2 bringing up the rear.

I stand corrected.I thought VM SOS was in the 59-60 range