TheCompPoll - 2023 Final Rankings Released

dntn31

On 8/10/2023 at 10:56 AM, dntn31 said:

TheCompPoll.com

CalPreps released their finalized preseason ratings today.

Some notes:

• In keeping with their recent pattern, USAToday did not release Preseason rankings.
  • Unlike last year, ScoreBookLive did not release Preseason rankings. It will be interesting to see if they release them next week and still refer to them as "Preseason" despite games already having been played.
  • CalPreps and Massey have had ratings up for a while now, but those ratings have been fluctuating week by week as new data was entered into their models.
  • It's likely that most of the human polls will not post their first in-season rankings until after Week 0 has been played (August 20-22).
  • Mater Dei swept first place in all 5 preseason rankings.

Scorestream Link for teams currently represented in TheCompPoll.

I've noticed that many folks on this message board, have a great infatuation with the Trinity League, in addition to Bishop Gorman. Do you suppose that they are always great, because of top tier coaching. Or is it merely a product of acquiring a significant number of four and five star talent, within an enormous geographic area. 

I ask you this question with sincerity. Do you think that these coaches are superior in their player development, or just get the creme of the crop from a given area? Seems as though, if they were all that, that they would opt to coach at an assistant coaching level in a Power Five Conference. It makes no sense that if they WERE this competent, they would opt to get a job making 300,000-500,000 per season, rather than the relative peanuts that they would expect to get at a high school powerhouse.

• Like 2

• dntn31 changed the title to TheCompPoll - Week 3 Rankings Released
Just now, THEOC89 said:

Are you OK?…. You seem really upset…. 🤣

ME, upset, this is nothing to be upset about. The impending world calamity maybe, but surely not high school football. It IS, what it IS. If the national pollsters are stupid enough to equate teams who play with local talent, in the same poll as those who recruit a population base of 7,000,000 PLUS. Such as the Trinity League, let um have at it. Any astute aficionado of prep football could tell you. That would be like comparing any college team in the country, with the 2023 National Champion, Georgia Bulldogs.😉

2 hours ago, Middlegafan said:

ME, upset, this is nothing to be upset about. The impending world calamity maybe, but surely not high school football. It IS, what it IS. If the national pollsters are stupid enough to equate teams who play with local talent, in the same poll as those who recruit a population base of 7,000,000 PLUS. Such as the Trinity League, let um have at it. Any astute aficionado of prep football could tell you. That would be like comparing any college team in the country, with the 2023 National Champion, Georgia Bulldogs.😉

HA!… You are delusional…. Didn't one of the premier GA High Schools home to many state and National Championships Recruit a QB from Cali and Organized a fake divorce of the kids parents just so he could be eligible to play in GA…. 🤣

Everyone recruits including GA schools…. Get off your soapbox, No one cares…. 🤣🤣

• Thanks 1

On 8/15/2023 at 1:23 PM, dntn31 said:

Ya, I saw that. How can you release "preseason" rankings after games have already been played? 🤔

Guess I need to decide if I roll them into the existing preseason rankings composite, or release a "Week -1" rankings which includes the updated CalPreps and Massey ratings along with SBLive's "Preseason" rankings. I was waiting for today to see if anyone else was going to release updated rankings (so far, no one else has other than the 3 mentioned above).

Did I miss the big news? MIGHTY ST. John Brisco, LOST to a buncha Havaii'ans at HOME? The END of TIMES for SURE.

On 9/12/2023 at 5:14 PM, THEOC89 said:

HA!… You are delusional…. Didn't one of the premier GA High Schools home to many state and National Championships Recruit a QB from Cali and Organized a fake divorce of the kids parents just so he could be eligible to play in GA…. 🤣

Everyone recruits including GA schools…. Get off your soapbox, No one cares…. 🤣🤣

TYPICAL response, from an illiterate beach boy from SOCAL. I was stationed for a while in Long Beach in the late sixties. And the mindset is STILL the SAME. It's handed down, generationally. That EVERYBODY in Cali is the SHIT! That there isn't intelligent life East of Vegas. YADA, YADA, YADA. I politely asked a young lass who was a senor at Wilson High, for a date. And she expressed SHOCK that a Southerner would have the GALL to ask her out. And I've boinked a dozen girls around the globe, far better looking than SHE! But she thought that she was hot shit, just like the rest. And before you give a smartass remark about paying them. The only time I've ever paid for S E X in my life, was when I put that ring on her finger.

By the BY, TWO of your SOCAL QB's have come South to Georgia, and DISAPPEARED before our very eyes. ONE is currently at MIGHTY RICE Crispies U. (Jethro T. Daniels) The OTHER was last seen lounging on SOUTH BEACH, possibly retired from FOOTBALL.(Stephen Garcia) OH, silly me, I almost forgot to mention. Valdosta hasn't been relevant on the national scene, since 1989. And Colquitt beat that ass THAT season TOO, with the reality show 20/20, filming the winningest team on the planet. Spindola Merritt, took a pitchout around right end, breaking two tackles and streaking 29 yards into Colquitt Co. Packer lore. We cost those BEEEOOOTCHES a NATTY THAT night. SEVEN to ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!!

FYI, the 2015 National Champion, Colquitt County Packers, won fifteen games in a row, beating three nationally ranked schools on a 200 mile road trip, back, to back, to back, in the process. And our most heralded players were Three Star WR Ty Lee, who went to mighty Middle Tennessee State. And TWO Star Hybrid receiver, Kiel Pollard, who largely rode the bench for his dream school, South Carolina. He later was forced into early retirement, when it was learned from team physicians, that he had an injury to his spine. And our 30-0 QB1, Chase Parrish, received an invitation to the United States Naval Academy. Where he was last seen as a back up WR, and later an assistant coach for the Midshipmen. To my knowledge, NO transfers, as is probably obvious to everyone close to the program. And IF they were to attempt to attain transfers. WHERE would they COME FROM? Norman Park is in the STICKS of SOWEGA. The largest employer is Baker Farms in Norman Park. Suppliers for a few grocery store chains, that you may have heard of. (INGLES, HARVEY'S, KROGER, and WALMART)

And as one of our LB'ERS daddy told me once, when he asked his son if he ever thought about transferring to some power school in the area. And his kid looked at him like he was CRAAAAAZY. DAD, I'm a COLQUITT COUNTY PACKER! And THAT is mostly echoed through out the SOWEGA region of Georgia. But IF we were to be able to acquire just two players from the eleven surrounding schools, NOBODY in the UNIVERSE could beat us, EVER. Some of the greatest players in the NFL, come from the SOWEGA region of Georgia. 

In closing, do any of you SOCAL boys have any idea where '42' was born? And it WASN'T LOS AN GE LES! It was forty miles from MOULTRIE, GEORGIA.

On 8/13/2023 at 9:33 AM, ECHS05 said:

First Im noticing the website for the Comp poll. Simple but very nice addition, well done man.

Since you are obviously an astute aficionado of the modern 21st century techno age. You must realize that the GOLD STANDARD for top 100 national polls. Is the Atlanta based AL GORE rith ym NHSFA Poll.

On 9/12/2023 at 2:22 PM, THEOC89 said:

Are you OK?…. You seem really upset…. 🤣

It's just a FARCE that you clowns in SOCAL get all the pub, when my grandma Allie Mae, could coach Gorman, SJB, and Mater Dei! And only an IMBECILE couldn't see that. But Mater Dei seems to have out done themselves THIS season. The only teams in the universe who can touch them, MAY be I M G or Gorman! They beat the CRAP out of a pretty decent Creekside team last week. Did ANYBODY actually SEE that game? Mater Dei won the game on the FIRST FRICKIN PLAY, EIGHTY YARDS..... TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I'll bet they go 14-1 in 5A. Cause 5A REALLY STINKS!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Middlegafan said:

TYPICAL response, from an illiterate beach boy from SOCAL. I was stationed for a while in Long Beach in the late sixties. And the mindset is STILL the SAME. It's handed down, generationally. That EVERYBODY in Cali is the SHIT! That there isn't intelligent life East of Vegas. YADA, YADA, YADA. I politely asked a young lass who was a senor at Wilson High, for a date. And she expressed SHOCK that a Southerner would have the GALL to ask her out. And I've boinked a dozen girls around the globe, far better looking than SHE! But she thought that she was hot shit, just like the rest. And before you give a smartass remark about paying them. The only time I've ever paid for S E X in my life, was when I put that ring on her finger.

By the BY, TWO of your SOCAL QB's have come South to Georgia, and DISAPPEARED before our very eyes. ONE is currently at MIGHTY RICE Crispies U. (Jethro T. Daniels) The OTHER was last seen lounging on SOUTH BEACH, possibly retired from FOOTBALL.(Stephen Garcia) OH, silly me, I almost forgot to mention. Valdosta hasn't been relevant on the national scene, since 1989. And Colquitt beat that ass THAT season TOO, with the reality show 20/20, filming the winningest team on the planet. Spindola Merritt, took a pitchout around right end, breaking two tackles and streaking 29 yards into Colquitt Co. Packer lore. We cost those BEEEOOOTCHES a NATTY THAT night. SEVEN to ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!!

FYI, the 2015 National Champion, Colquitt County Packers, won fifteen games in a row, beating three nationally ranked schools on a 200 mile road trip, back, to back, to back, in the process. And our most heralded players were Three Star WR Ty Lee, who went to mighty Middle Tennessee State. And TWO Star Hybrid receiver, Kiel Pollard, who largely rode the bench for his dream school, South Carolina. He later was forced into early retirement, when it was learned from team physicians, that he had an injury to his spine. And our 30-0 QB1, Chase Parrish, received an invitation to the United States Naval Academy. Where he was last seen as a back up WR, and later an assistant coach for the Midshipmen. To my knowledge, NO transfers, as is probably obvious to everyone close to the program. And IF they were to attempt to attain transfers. WHERE would they COME FROM? Norman Park is in the STICKS of SOWEGA. The largest employer is Baker Farms in Norman Park. Suppliers for a few grocery store chains, that you may have heard of. (INGLES, HARVEY'S, KROGER, and WALMART)

And as one of our LB'ERS daddy told me once, when he asked his son if he ever thought about transferring to some power school in the area. And his kid looked at him like he was CRAAAAAZY. DAD, I'm a COLQUITT COUNTY PACKER! And THAT is mostly echoed through out the SOWEGA region of Georgia. But IF we were to be able to acquire just two players from the eleven surrounding schools, NOBODY in the UNIVERSE could beat us, EVER. Some of the greatest players in the NFL, come from the SOWEGA region of Georgia. 

In closing, do any of you SOCAL boys have any idea where '42' was born? And it WASN'T LOS AN GE LES! It was forty miles from MOULTRIE, GEORGIA.

I will ask you again….. Are you OK?…. 🤣

Also….. Didn’t the Coach of that 2015 Colquett County team get fired for paying players and illegally handing out pills to kids?….. 🤣🤣

• dntn31 changed the title to TheCompPoll - Week 4 Rankings Released
On 8/10/2023 at 7:56 AM, dntn31 said:

TheCompPoll.com

CalPreps released their finalized preseason ratings today.

Some notes:

• In keeping with their recent pattern, USAToday did not release Preseason rankings.
  • Unlike last year, ScoreBookLive did not release Preseason rankings. It will be interesting to see if they release them next week and still refer to them as "Preseason" despite games already having been played.
  • CalPreps and Massey have had ratings up for a while now, but those ratings have been fluctuating week by week as new data was entered into their models.
  • It's likely that most of the human polls will not post their first in-season rankings until after Week 0 has been played (August 20-22).
  • Mater Dei swept first place in all 5 preseason rankings.

Scorestream Link for teams currently represented in TheCompPoll.

I believe this is the first time Cocoa made the comp poll. I better take a screen shot before they drop out... lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/17/2023 at 7:58 PM, Middlegafan said:

It's just a FARCE that you clowns in SOCAL get all the pub, when my grandma Allie Mae, could coach Gorman, SJB, and Mater Dei! And only an IMBECILE couldn't see that. But Mater Dei seems to have out done themselves THIS season. The only teams in the universe who can touch them, MAY be I M G or Gorman! They beat the CRAP out of a pretty decent Creekside team last week. Did ANYBODY actually SEE that game? Mater Dei won the game on the FIRST FRICKIN PLAY, EIGHTY YARDS..... TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I'll bet they go 14-1 in 5A. Cause 5A REALLY STINKS!

Welcome back Rabid... funny that you invoke so much emotion in posters.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

I believe this is the first time Cocoa made the comp poll. I better take a screen shot before they drop out... lol

No need for a screenshot. You can always just change the week selection if they drop out.

Since 2016, they have been included in the following comp poll weeks:

• 2016-1
  • 2016-15
  • 2016-16
  • 2016-17
  • 2016-Final
  • 2023-3
  • 2023-4
  • Thanks 2

• dntn31 changed the title to TheCompPoll - Week 5 Rankings Released
  • dntn31 changed the title to TheCompPoll - Week 6 Rankings Released
  • dntn31 changed the title to TheCompPoll - 2023 Final Rankings Released