TheCompPoll - 2023 Final Rankings Released

dntn31

5 hours ago, Adam_MD_Alum said:

Well, Wikipedia does. Not saying MD should be #1, but guarantee any/all non-human polls will. Rollins used to say only poll that mattered was USAT, but that was 25yrs ago.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_School_Football_National_Championship

Will be interesting to see if MD puts up a Natty banner…and if I were BG, I’d be thanking my lucky stars they didn’t play MD or SJB this year (footsteps).

I have never looked up Wikipedia to see who the HSFB National Champion is…. Does it really matter?….

There are 7 or 8 different polls and they can all have different results so it is just totally watered down at this point….

I would agree with Rollo that USAT is the only one that matters…. And I say Max Preps and ESPN because those are what the kids follow….

If you hang a Banner Saying “Blue Star National Champ” or some other poll you would look pretty stupid in my opinion…. 🤣

• Like 1

3 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

I have never looked up Wikipedia to see who the HSFB National Champion is…. Does it really matter?….

There are 7 or 8 different polls and they can all have different results so it is just totally watered down at this point….

I would agree with Rollo that USAT is the only one that matters…. And I say Max Preps and ESPN because those are what the kids follow….

If you hang a Banner Saying “Blue Star National Champ” or some other poll you would look pretty stupid in my opinion…. 🤣

History is written by the conquerors and who’s to say what others believe to be the true source of truth, but I agree. We shall see. 

• Like 1

• dntn31 changed the title to TheCompPoll - Week 14 Rankings Released
21 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Great point on IMG.  Same applies.  Plus for bishop year after year their season always ends in October

So don’t give Gorman credit for trying to put together a great OOS schedule almost every year now for over a decade?

21 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

whereas everyone else is gearing up for a brutal schedule.  

Totally false narrative. Most schools only schedule a couple risk games per year if any. And playoff brackets are easy work for the dominant teams in many states including CA, TX, and FL. 

On 11/30/2023 at 10:16 AM, Las Vegas_JC said:

So don’t give Gorman credit for trying to put together a great OOS schedule almost every year now for over a decade?

Totally false narrative. Most schools only schedule a couple risk games per year if any. And playoff brackets are easy work for the dominant teams in many states including CA, TX, and FL. 

Why did Bg purposely avoid the rematch with MD when they clearly wanted the game to happen ?   BG did exactly Sta did in 2019 when they tentatively had an agreement to play SJB and instead chose DLS,  just like BG avoided MD and chose a more favorable opponent in Cen10.  Then cry why they didn't get a Mnc.  

1 minute ago, CaliNorth said:

Why did Bg purposely avoid the rematch with MD when they clearly wanted the game to happen ?   BG did exactly Sta did in 2019 when they tentatively had an agreement to play SJB and instead chose DLS,  just like BG avoided MD and chose a more favorable opponent in Cen10.  Then cry why they didn't get a Mnc.  

1) FYI Gorman will be at Eddie West Field in 2024. 

2) It could be argued that Centennial is every bit as good as SJB this year. 

3) Only tears of joy coming from the 2023 MNC Bishop Gorman Gaels!!!

6 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

This. 

• dntn31 changed the title to TheCompPoll - Week 15 Rankings Released
20 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

Only in your dreams !

I thought that it was sweet that he answered “why did Bg duck MD this year?” 
 With - “They will play Mater Dei next year!” 😂 

They backed out of the date with MD to go play Long Beach Poly. Poly lost to servite and Mater Dei beat servite 50-0. Lol. The days of Gorman being fearless are long gone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HurricaneNick said:

They backed out of the date with MD to go play Long Beach Poly. Poly lost to servite and Mater Dei beat servite 50-0. Lol. The days of Gorman being fearless are long gone.

You have any idea what MD schedule is like next season ?  Sounds like BG for sure . I would think STA is long overdue for a reckoning with you guys . And they are  due to get on a plane and come out west since CA has gone to their house 3 times . Would love to see CM to start scheduling either you or Bosco since they want to get into the MNC  conversation . Maybe a Desota, NS, Westlake from TX . SJP from Philly is another team that could want to challenge .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CaliNorth said:

You have any idea what MD schedule is like next season ?  Sounds like BG for sure . I would think STA is long overdue for a reckoning with you guys . And they are  due to get on a plane and come out west since CA has gone to their house 3 times . Would love to see CM to start scheduling either you or Bosco since they want to get into the MNC  conversation . Maybe a Desota, NS, Westlake from TX . SJP from Philly is another team that could want to challenge .

At Kahuku Cen10

Bingham Bg SFA

Kahuku and Bingham are supposed to be home and homes. Not positive about St Frances 

Id love to play a south Florida team on the road. MD was scheduled to go to Miami central and it fell through because they wanted to play Gorman that weekend. I want to play Aquinas. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

At Kahuku Cen10

Bingham Bg SFA

Kahuku and Bingham are supposed to be home and homes. Not positive about St Frances 

I would think Bosco is due a return trip to SFA which would be their back east coast trip ( maybe they can make 2, CM or Sjp ). One of those teams from back east has to man up and come out west if they are serious 

1 hour ago, HurricaneNick said:

LBP beat Mission Viejo this year. The Diablos are a top 5 CA team and are in the CIF 1-AA Final this Friday.

Poly also beat Serra (Gardena) a top 10 CA team. 

Poly lost in OT to Servite. The Friars also are a top 10 CA team. 

Poly’s regular season schedule dragged their rating down but they are a top 10 CIF team IMO. 

FYI the world does not revolve around Mater Haze. Nobody needs to play against them to validate a MNC or to get a national ranking. 

8 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

LBP beat Mission Viejo this year. The Diablos are a top 5 CA team and are in the CIF 1-AA Final this Friday.

Poly also beat Serra (Gardena) a top 10 CA team. 

Poly lost in OT to Servite. The Friars also are a top 10 CA team. 

Poly’s regular season schedule dragged their rating down but they are a top 10 CIF team IMO. 

FYI the world does not revolve around Mater Haze. Nobody needs to play against them to validate a MNC or to get a national ranking. 

No they aren’t. Mission viejo didn’t even win their league and servite finished dead last in the trinity. Serra lost 47-19 to OLu Lol. Mission viejo, Poly, Serra and servite would all be #2 in Nevada and none of them are good. What do the rankings mean? Lol. There’s levels to the game but keep on spinning. Gorman backed out of a date with big brother to avoid going 0-4 in the series. Simple. They *may* show up and play next year depending on how the out of state recruiting goes! Good luck! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• dntn31 changed the title to TheCompPoll - 2023 Final Rankings Released