TheCompPoll - 2023 Final Rankings Released

dntn31

• dntn31 changed the title to TheCompPoll - Week 9 Rankings Released
  • dntn31 changed the title to TheCompPoll - Week 10 Rankings Released
48 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

It’s the FHSAA openly admitting in public that their product is faulty with the classic “garbage in, garbage out formula they utilize. 

And it's not even relevant outside it's one stated use: to seed the playoffs.

I'm sure Cat_Scratch is trying to ego-stroke in some weird way  but it's meaningless.

• dntn31 changed the title to TheCompPoll - Week 11 Rankings Released
2 hours ago, dntn31 said:

Looking at Mr Football’s poll (11.1 % with added poll) and a 26 rating filling in unranked blanks… quick glance looks like the same teams listed, with a little variance between positions.  

With 11.1% emphasis and the 26’s majority at the bottom of the comp rankings, stands to reason wouldn’t be much of a diff.  

• Thanks 1

• dntn31 changed the title to TheCompPoll - Week 12 Rankings Released
  • dntn31 changed the title to TheCompPoll - Week 13 Rankings Released
5 hours ago, SeaShells21 said:

They did beat Cen10 pretty well, better than Mater Dei and Thing 2.

They also beat Miami Central and Corner Canyon (If that means anything for them)

Cali people “ Bishop Gorman’s defense is not good enough because they gave up 28 points to Centennial.” So they don’t deserve the MNC. 

Also Cali people “ SJB gave up 42 to Centennial but the Braves played a heck of a game and deserve the MNC.” Never mind that they lost to Kahuku. And then maybe add that the Huskies hyper improved as the season went on yada yada. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, SeaShells21 said:

I really think that loss to Kahuku did California in for a unanimous #1 rank, and it doesn’t help that Cen10 nearly took out Thing 2.

I'm not advocating for Califas.  I've watched bishop and thought there has to be a better team or teams out there that can have a better argument for top dawg.  I watched a couple of their games and came away thinking there is no way they are numero uno. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Cali people “ Bishop Gorman’s defense is not good enough because they gave up 28 points to Centennial.” So they don’t deserve the MNC. 

Also Cali people “ SJB gave up 42 to Centennial but the Braves played a heck of a game and deserve the MNC.” Never mind that they lost to Kahuku. And then maybe add that the Huskies hyper improved as the season went on yada yada. 

I knew this post would draw you out. LOL.  Y'all finally get a #1 ranking and here you are. 

3 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

What's Central record? Corner Canyons and who they beat?  CEN10 same questions. 

Central is 8-3, Corner Canyon finished 13-1, and Cen10 finished 9-3.

I see your point; I don’t think I was paying much attention to their records 😕 I feel it’s still a toss up because of the awkwardness of California this season.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

I'm not advocating for Califas.  I've watched bishop and thought there has to be a better team or teams out there that can have a better argument for top dawg.  I watched a couple of their games and came away thinking there is no way they are numero uno. 

Agreed. Quality wins is kind of holding IMG back too, especially after struggling with SJP and Frances.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Thank goodness that the human polls and the comp poll have Gorman as the consensus number 1!

All good Holmes. How is the weather in the central coast? Have you ever been to the concourse d elegance at Pebble Beach? I’ve had some good times out there in the past. Got to meet Kevin Costner and he was super friendly. 

On 11/22/2023 at 1:53 PM, Las Vegas_JC said:

Thank goodness that the human polls and the comp poll have Gorman as the consensus number 1!

All good Holmes. How is the weather in the central coast? Have you ever been to the concourse d elegance at Pebble Beach? I’ve had some good times out there in the past. Got to meet Kevin Costner and he was super friendly. 

BG is #1 in USAT, Max Preps and ESPN… Those are the 3 that matter, I don’t think anyone really cares about any of the others….

• Like 2

On 11/24/2023 at 3:32 PM, THEOC89 said:

BG is #1 in USAT, Max Preps and ESPN… Those are the 3 that matter, I don’t think anyone really cares about any of the others….

Well, Wikipedia does. Not saying MD should be #1, but guarantee any/all non-human polls will. Rollins used to say only poll that mattered was USAT, but that was 25yrs ago.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_School_Football_National_Championship

Will be interesting to see if MD puts up a Natty banner…and if I were BG, I’d be thanking my lucky stars they didn’t play MD or SJB this year (footsteps).

• dntn31 changed the title to TheCompPoll - 2023 Final Rankings Released