TheCompPoll - 2023 Final Rankings Released

dntn31

6 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

You have any idea what MD schedule is like next season ?  Sounds like BG for sure . I would think STA is long overdue for a reckoning with you guys . And they are  due to get on a plane and come out west since CA has gone to their house 3 times . Would love to see CM to start scheduling either you or Bosco since they want to get into the MNC  conversation . Maybe a Desota, NS, Westlake from TX . SJP from Philly is another team that could want to challenge .

Pleeeeease 😭

I really enjoy watching the oos matchups 

• Like 1

On 11/28/2023 at 11:08 AM, dntn31 said:

So, basically ESPN is the tie-breaker of the MNC? Since when did Sportcenter even have a rating? This is a lameass Homer rant, but I don’t like.

You either value undefeated mythical teams or the ones that play the best annd anre the best ant the end of the season.  How is undefeated IMG worse than 1-loss MD but not better than BG? 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Adam_MD_Alum said:

So, basically ESPN is the tie-breaker of the MNC? Since when did Sportcenter even have a rating? This is a lameass Homer rant, but I don’t like.

ESPN has been broadcasting kickoff classic games for about 14 years now. They are a big proponent of HSFB and deserve a say in ranking teams. The same for USA Today they have been ranking HSFB for a couple decades as well. 

28 minutes ago, Adam_MD_Alum said:

You either value undefeated mythical teams or the ones that play the best annd anre the best ant the end of the season.  How is undefeated IMG worse than 1-loss MD but not better than BG? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

LBP beat Mission Viejo this year. The Diablos are a top 5 CA team and are in the CIF 1-AA Final this Friday.

Poly also beat Serra (Gardena) a top 10 CA team. 

Poly lost in OT to Servite. The Friars also are a top 10 CA team. 

Poly’s regular season schedule dragged their rating down but they are a top 10 CIF team IMO. 

FYI the world does not revolve around Mater Haze. Nobody needs to play against them to validate a MNC or to get a national ranking. 

Then why not play them when the offer is there,  to prove that you are the best?  This is the team that beat you last season in your place and they are offering you a redo to give your selves a chance at revenge,  then take it.  Any team who is true champion would jump at the chance. Usually it is the other way around,  where the winner wants to protect and savor the win, and declines to give the other team a chance to avenge the loss . BG prove they aren't championship material and would rather go for the mythical part of an mnc than prove it on the field. 

• Thanks 3

11 hours ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

ESPN has been broadcasting kickoff classic games for about 14 years now. They are a big proponent of HSFB and deserve a say in ranking teams. The same for USA Today they have been ranking HSFB for a couple decades as well. 

You missed the point and question. I’m not doubting the longstanding credibility of USAT, but rather their ranking methodology which this year doesn’t make sense; it’s either the best team EOY based on record/qual wins/etc., or the same + being undefeated. If the latter is the criteria, IMG should be higher than MD; else ~ it’s a joke any team is higher than MD. 

As for ESPN, their ranking actually makes more sense to me based on the former criteria…I’ve just never seen the ESPN poll other than in the Comp poll. What’s even funnier tho…if BG were to play Madonna and likely win, MD might actually move up in some polls and be the composite winner in the Comp poll as they already in Maxpreps. 

12 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

Then why not play them when the offer is there,  to prove that you are the best?  This is the team that beat you last season in your place and they are offering you a redo to give your selves a chance at revenge,  then take it.  Any team who is true champion would jump at the chance. Usually it is the other way around,  where the winner wants to protect and savor the win, and declines to give the other team a chance to avenge the loss . BG prove they aren't championship material and would rather go for the mythical part of an mnc than prove it on the field. 

It wasn’t an offer, it was a done deal. Mater Dei and Gorman inked a home and home in 2022. Just like they did in 2017 and 2018. It’s no different. You have to realize that they rely on out of state kids for their success. They can’t lose to MD every year and expect those kids to keep showing up. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

It wasn’t an offer, it was a done deal. Mater Dei and Gorman inked a home and home in 2022. Just like they did in 2017 and 2018. It’s no different. You have to realize that they rely on out of state kids for their success. They can’t lose to MD every year and expect those kids to keep showing up. 

Gospel.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

It chaps your hide so much that Gorman still has the best facilities in the west region and that we legally attract so many great athletes. You didn’t think it was still possible. 

It really is great to watch you smolder. ✌🏻

8 hours ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

It chaps your hide so much that Gorman still has the best facilities in the west region and that we legally attract so many great athletes. You didn’t think it was still possible. 

Such as, the #1 quarterback class of 2027 Furian Inferrera who moved from Nevada to enroll at Mater Dei? Just admit you’re a paper champion this year, ducked MD and you sit down to pee. FACTS

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/27/2023 at 7:54 AM, Adam_MD_Alum said:

Will be interesting to see if MD puts up a Natty banner…and if I were BG, I’d be thanking my lucky stars they didn’t play MD or SJB this year (footsteps).

Hmmm, Cen10 played BG, MD, and SJB.  Nearly beat SJB, played MD to a 2 score game and was simply never in the contest getting dominated in every facet of the game against BG. 
Maybe MD and SJB were fortunate not to face them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

You still can’t beat Mater Dei with all those facilities and a national recruiting agenda! 0-3! Two of those losses took place on that beautiful facility and it just happened to be the worst loss in Gorman history! 42-0 🤣🤣🤣

First you brought up Mission Viejo, now it’s the facilities. Wonder what you’ll bring up next that has nothing to do with what we’re talking about! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Hmmm, Cen10 played BG, MD, and SJB.  Nearly beat SJB, played MD to a 2 score game and was simply never in the contest getting dominated in every facet of the game against BG. 

MD was up 21-0 on Cen10 in the 4th quarter. We’ll never know what the outcome of an MD/SJB vs Bg game would be this year because they chose to play Cen10 and poly instead. Scared. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Adam_MD_Alum said:

Such as, the #1 quarterback class of 2027 Furian Inferrera who moved from Nevada to enroll at Mater Dei? Just admit you’re a paper champion this year, ducked MD and you sit down to pee. FACTS

Another MD tough guy. I long for the days when CA HSFB was dominated by DLS. They won big but never talked like these clowns. 

2 hours ago, On2whls said:

2023 Gorman has one of their best O lines in years (all juniors). A four year starting QB committed to Hawaii, skilled players all over the offense and defense. The team is loaded with talent. 

Also teams reschedule games all of the time it’s nothing new. We played Centennial in 2014 and the return game didn’t get worked out until this year. Gorman played Miami Central in 2017 and could not play them again until 2021. Gorman owes DeMatha a rematch if they want it. And DLS should come to Vegas for rematch. That’s the way it is. 

4 hours ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

They won big but never talked like these clowns

Surely you jest.  The hubris on the spartanhood site back in the day was palpable.  Why not, though?  They could back it up.  Just like MD can now.  Man up and come to SoCal.  Until then, stop wasting our time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

2023 Gorman has one of their best O lines in years (all juniors). A four year starting QB committed to Hawaii, skilled players all over the offense and defense. The team is loaded with talent. 

Also teams reschedule games all of the time it’s nothing new. We played Centennial in 2014 and the return game didn’t get worked out until this year. Gorman played Miami Central in 2017 and could not play them again until 2021. Gorman owes DeMatha a rematch if they want it. And DLS should come to Vegas for rematch. That’s the way it is. 

No excuses.  Man up.

6 hours ago, On2whls said:

Do you really believe that ? I watched that game vs BG with you guys and every time you didn't turn it over you just marched down and scored . Was it 6 to's , 4  by the qb alone ?  I figure you left 35 pts off the board you would have if not for all the gifts. By the time your team finally jelled , which usually happens at end of year when you clean up the mess , you guys are dangerous in a shootout type of game .The only reason you played Bosco close was because Bosco just took the foot off the gas after  the 1rst  MD , thinking now they have conquered all . The electricity they had while dominating early became a lacksidal " turn it on when necessary " type of approach when they knew they were so far superior than anyone ( not including Md ). It came back to bite them in the end and you guys almost got them , But, if you played them again , I would think you would know the outcome would be much different . Plus, you guys know how to play them, much like DLS knows how to play Cen10 . You better believe if SJB or MD played BG , the electricity would be there and they would be up for that game big time . BG has no playoffs, and there season is over after 6 games. All the other states have the tough league games plus the grueling playoffs with all the possible upset type scenarios  . You can't look at your early BG game and equate it with a late playoff game vs SJB . 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

But your only talking the offensive side of the ball . As good as your offense was , your defense was proportionately even worse . Pathetic, really, when talking  National champ . I Mean, that defense would be lucky to be in the top 50 . I can't remember ever seeing at any time a national champ that had  any where close a defense as bad as BG . And I think your coaches knew that better than any one, and that is why they  squelched on the written agreement with MD . Not declined, but squelched

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CaliNorth said:

But your only talking the offensive side of the ball . As good as your offense was , your defense was proportionately even worse . Pathetic, really, when talking  National champ . I Mean, that defense would be lucky to be in the top 50 . I can't remember ever seeing at any time a national champ that had  any where close a defense as bad as BG . And I think your coaches knew that better than any one, and that is why they  squelched on the written agreement with MD . Not declined, but squelched

I think Gorman is a very good team this year. Very good on offense. They’re a good program and are well coached. I also watched Miami central run with ease on them and choke the game away in the final minutes. I have zero doubt that MD would win upfront. The Gorman front 7 on defense their weak spot. As an alumnus, I wanted to beat Gorman. As an hsfb fan like the rest of us, I feel we were cheated out of a game that maybe decides the best in the country. For sure the best on the west. Hope the game can be made next year. I’ve said it plenty of times on here - the MNC matters much more for schools like IMG, SFA, and Gorman. The first 2 because they operate like colleges and have dorms etc. Gorman because there isn’t a single worthy opponent in their state. If Mater Dei ends the season with a win over Bosco and a California state championship we are all good over here. Im sure the powers from Florida, Texas, Georgia etc feel the same way. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

I think Gorman is a very good team this year. Very good on offense. They’re a good program and are well coached. I also watched Miami central run with ease on them and choke the game away in the final minutes. I have zero doubt that MD would win upfront. The Gorman front 7 on defense their weak spot. As an alumnus, I wanted to beat Gorman. As an hsfb fan like the rest of us, I feel we were cheated out of a game that maybe decides the best in the country. For sure the best on the west. Hope the game can be made next year. I’ve said it plenty of times on here - the MNC matters much more for schools like IMG, SFA, and Gorman. The first 2 because they operate like colleges and have dorms etc. Gorman because there isn’t a single worthy opponent in their state. If Mater Dei ends the season with a win over Bosco and a California state championship we are all good over here. Im sure the powers from Florida, Texas, Georgia etc feel the same way. 

Your right . At the end of the day you can only control that which is in front of you, winning state. And in the state of CA., that trumps a mnc imop . MNC would be icing on the cake

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

Do you really believe that ? I watched that game vs BG with you guys and every time you didn't turn it over you just marched down and scored . Was it 6 to's , 4  by the qb alone ?  I figure you left 35 pts off the board you would have if not for all the gifts. By the time your team finally jelled , which usually happens at end of year when you clean up the mess , you guys are dangerous in a shootout type of game .The only reason you played Bosco close was because Bosco just took the foot off the gas after  the 1rst  MD , thinking now they have conquered all . The electricity they had while dominating early became a lacksidal " turn it on when necessary " type of approach when they knew they were so far superior than anyone ( not including Md ). It came back to bite them in the end and you guys almost got them , But, if you played them again , I would think you would know the outcome would be much different . Plus, you guys know how to play them, much like DLS knows how to play Cen10 . You better believe if SJB or MD played BG , the electricity would be there and they would be up for that game big time . BG has no playoffs, and there season is over after 6 games. All the other states have the tough league games plus the grueling playoffs with all the possible upset type scenarios  . You can't look at your early BG game and equate it with a late playoff game vs SJB . 

Although I generally agree with much of what you say, a lot of your points are refutable and no conjecture can erase what happened on the field and is now history.    BG simply dominated Cen10 like no other team in recent memory.  
I haven’t challenged any of MD or SJB’s claims to prior MNC’s, but this year, there’s a better team out there, whether or not CA homer’s want to accept it.  

• Like 2

• dntn31 changed the title to TheCompPoll - 2023 Final Rankings Released