TheCompPoll - 2023 Final Rankings Released

dntn31

7 hours ago, MD87 said:

Surely you jest.  The hubris on the spartanhood site back in the day was palpable.  Why not, though?  They could back it up.  Just like MD can now.

I didn’t see the Spartanhood sight back in the early 2000s but I’m sure that DLS fans and alumni are much more chill and respectful about their success back then. 

7 hours ago, MD87 said:

Man up and come to SoCal.

Gorman has been to many places in CA. Concord, Santa Ana, Anaheim, Corona, Bellflower, Rancho Santa Margarita, etc. 

7 hours ago, MD87 said:

Until then, stop wasting our time.

FYI Gorman is going to Eddie West in 2024. We are 0-3 vs MD and we are still going to their field that sounds pretty manly to me.

What does not sound manly was how MD ducked Gorman from 2010-2016. They waited until our most accomplished class graduated before accepting a game in 2017. 

On 12/5/2023 at 2:40 PM, HurricaneNick said:

At Kahuku Cen10

Bingham Bg SFA

Kahuku and Bingham are supposed to be home and homes. Not positive about St Frances 

Id love to play a south Florida team on the road. MD was scheduled to go to Miami central and it fell through because they wanted to play Gorman that weekend. I want to play Aquinas. 

We have played at Cen10 for quite a few years in a row, not counting the playffs. Are we ever going to host them in the regular season again? I realize that we already have 3 home games, but it is ridiculous we always have to play at their place. 

I wasn't aware that Bingham was a home-and-away series. 

17 hours ago, On2whls said:

Although I generally agree with much of what you say, a lot of your points are refutable and no conjecture can erase what happened on the field and is now history.    BG simply dominated Cen10 like no other team in recent memory.  
I haven’t challenged any of MD or SJB’s claims to prior MNC’s, but this year, there’s a better team out there, whether or not CA homer’s want to accept it.  

I do agree with @CaliNorth as when I watched the Cen10 vs BG game I did not come away as impressed by BG as the final score should indicate…. I Felt Cen10 shot themselves in the foot with the crazy amout of TO’s and moved the ball with ease on BG when they could actually hold on to it…. 🤣

But I also agree with you that BG won the game and if I was running a poll I would have BG #1…. The Bottom line is BG w all their games and MD lost a game by 4TD’s, that doesn’t seem like a “Hypothetical” Champion for a “Mythical” Award….. 

I got to Visit BG last summer, my sons summer high school baseball team played In BG’s summer tournament…. BG s a beautiful campus and their facilities are amazing!!…. And the people were super cool!…. So I am hoping BG takes most of the polls this year….. 🍻

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

We have played at Cen10 for quite a few years in a row, not counting the playffs. Are we ever going to host them in the regular season again? I realize that we already have 3 home games, but it is ridiculous we always have to play at their place. 

I wasn't aware that Bingham was a home-and-away series. 

We need the game more than they do. Unfortunately it really is that simple. Maybe their biggest gate of the year. Doing each other a favor Lol.

Yes Bingham is scheduled to come to the bowl in the fall. 

• Like 2

On 12/4/2023 at 2:25 PM, Las Vegas_JC said:

1) FYI Gorman will be at Eddie West Field in 2024. 

2) It could be argued that Centennial is every bit as good as SJB this year. 

3) Only tears of joy coming from the 2023 MNC Bishop Gorman Gaels!!!

#1 ~ great to hear…missed MD’s best defense of all time (7-11 SRs, 4yr QB). How BG’s team look next year (QB, SRs, better than 2022/2023)? 

#2 ~ I wouldn’t go that far…#3 team in CA and Top 25 team Nation

#3 ~ I’d like to say BG both earned AND deserves the MNC, but just can’t. I will admit BG deserves the MNC this year (congrats!), and looking forward to ‘no excuses’ next year.  

9 hours ago, Adam_MD_Alum said:

#1 ~ great to hear…missed MD’s best defense of all time (7-11 SRs, 4yr QB). How BG’s team look next year (QB, SRs, better than 2022/2023)? 

#2 ~ I wouldn’t go that far…#3 team in CA and Top 25 team Nation

#3 ~ I’d like to say BG both earned AND deserves the MNC, but just can’t. I will admit BG deserves the MNC this year (congrats!), and looking forward to ‘no excuses’ next year.  

Who are you bro? The last comment from you to me was a lame attempt to bully and insult me. Do you guys have bad tap water in Santa Ana or is that just the MD culture?

• Haha 1

• dntn31 changed the title to TheCompPoll - Week 16 Rankings Released

Prediction ~ MNC will be split this year; likely 3-way with one of the algorithm polls crowning a TX team (Desoto gaining on Massey w/ legitimate claim as best in TX if NS loses to DV whose only loss is to Desoto). 

This is why BG/MD/SJB have to play teams from FL and TX (if they accept scheduling offers). Has anyone heard confirmation there’ll be a Geico game this year? 

IMG_0612.jpegIMG_0613.thumb.jpeg.f71374f0e635ca2f00008afbb76a3c9d.jpeg

On 12/5/2023 at 12:41 PM, Las Vegas_JC said:

LBP beat Mission Viejo this year. The Diablos are a top 5 CA team and are in the CIF 1-AA Final this Friday.

Poly also beat Serra (Gardena) a top 10 CA team. 

Poly lost in OT to Servite. The Friars also are a top 10 CA team. 

Poly’s regular season schedule dragged their rating down but they are a top 10 CIF team IMO. 

FYI the world does not revolve around Mater Haze. Nobody needs to play against them to validate a MNC or to get a national ranking. 

No a team does not need to play MD to validate a MNC.  But does ducking MD help said cause?

9 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

No a team does not need to play MD to validate a MNC.  But does ducking MD help said cause?

They didn't duck.. an opportunity to play at Nike in Oregon came up on national TV and they took it . At the end of the day State Championships and TV exposure mean more than a fake national championship vote from some internet want a bees trying to make HS football like NCAA ..That is not changing no matter how much a few message board OOS  knuckleheads want it to. 

• Like 1

On 12/15/2023 at 10:09 PM, AztecPadre said:

Wait a minute since when did you a become an MD fanboy? All these years you have proclaimed yourself as a supposed DLS fan. That’s like being a fan of both the Raiders and the Chiefs. And everyone knows that’s impossible. Similarly DLS and MD have a huge contrast in values and sportsmanship. Pick a side. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Adam_MD_Alum said:

@dntn31 ~ BlueStar crowned MD and CalPreps knocked BG down to #4…gonna be a new CompPoll #1. CalPreps is too CA biased…what about including HSFA or SBmedia polls?

List of 2023 MNCs crowned so far:

Still waiting for:

• MaxPreps (12 PM PST today)
  • SBLive (some time later today)
  • USAToday (likely tomorrow morning)
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dntn31 said:

Still waiting for:

• SBLive (some time later today)

Still waiting for:

1 hour ago, dntn31 said:

Still waiting for:

Still waiting for:

On 10/11/2023 at 5:22 PM, AztecPadre said:

Is there a possibility the teams record could be added in the future?  Much appreciated.

On 10/11/2023 at 5:29 PM, dntn31 said:

I've thought about it. Definitely won't do it for historical data. Was thinking about adding it for the final polls of each year, then maybe for the individual weeks starting next year.

Preview of the final rankings including W-L records (pending release of USAToday)...

image.thumb.png.34ce2b06eb4100af8b6f21781987ce05.png

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

The Geico matchups will settle nothing.

Only thing it will settle is that Gorman is better than Something Something Stevens and C-M is better than Liberty.

Dude, its not happening. I was kidding. It has been mentioned on here for months that there are no Geico post season bowls.

• Haha 4

• dntn31 changed the title to TheCompPoll - 2023 Final Rankings Released