Vegas shooting

Cossacks

17 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think that pretty much anyone that suggests any adjustments to gun laws at all immediately get demonized as anti 2nd amendment and this is the perception with congress and senators that attempt to introduce these discussions. 

Those folks in the senate probably see it similarly as myself, but just as happened in this thread everyone tends to get lumped together as anti 2nd rather than just anti bushmaster, or anti-mod etc.

It is not really hard trying to figure out what Chuck, Nancy, Killiar and the wannebe redskin get up and shout that all automatic/semi-automatic weapons be confiscated, and stop being produced. How about we try and fix the person and not blame the guns. Do we blame coke for an addicts condition?  

23 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

It is not really hard trying to figure out what Chuck, Nancy, Killiar and the wannebe redskin get up and shout that all automatic/semi-automatic weapons be confiscated, and stop being produced. How about we try and fix the person and not blame the guns. Do we blame coke for an addicts condition?  

I dont own a gun. But Im not against people who do own one. 

A gun isnt going to kill someone unless there's a person pulling the trigger... 

But you can't fix people there is something that needs to be done. 

But like Hawg said.... the second someone brings up Gun control they get slammed with being Anti-2nd amendment. Anti-Gun and then that somehow leads to being Anti-American... 

But there's an obvious problem and something needs to be fixed... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

All I know is that in general, laws are made to protect us from our own selves. There are laws about the general public owning fully auto weapons, but not against owning weapons that were designed with skirting these rules in mind via easy modifications. 

These high caliber rifles with tube stocks designed to fit mods like the slide stock, and shotguns designed similarly with drum magazines etc. are a definite problem and were specifically designed to be easily modified in numerous ways.  A good hard look needs to be taken at these weapons and allowing just any person to obtain them.

The same goes for the gatlin gun trigger mechanism. 

Zulu brought up that someone with a regular bump stock can do the same thing with a semi auto with enough practice and skills. This is true, but it doesn't change the fact that that any person can easily convert a bushmaster into basically fully auto with zero training, skills or practice legally. 

Of course people will always still convert weapons illegally, but making it easier for them to do so shouldn't be a part of the plan imo.

With the Gatling Crank, yes...no additional skills required. All bump or slide stocks still require considerable practice and skill to master. No problem getting rid of those, or bump stocks for that matter if you think it will help. Have at it. xD

What I actually said was, that ANY semi auto rifle can be bump fired with enough practice...you don’t even need any modifications. At the end of the day, the only recourse if you want to make any meaningful headway is to ban semi auto weapons, and the SCOTUS will shitcan that idea in about 30 seconds. 

Thats where we are. 

6 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I dont own a gun. But Im not against people who do own one. 

A gun isnt going to kill someone unless there's a person pulling the trigger... 

But you can't fix people there is something that needs to be done. 

But like Hawg said.... the second someone brings up Gun control they get slammed with being Anti-2nd amendment. Anti-Gun and then that somehow leads to being Anti-American... 

But there's an obvious problem and something needs to be fixed... 

I think we can fix people or at least make it impossible for them to get a gun. I also don't own a gun but Ill be damned if I want the government to decide if I can.  I agree we need to address this and have open dialogue. Problem is the dems only want to pounce when something like Vegas happens. Then they shout ban all guns. This is never going to work.

I personally wouldn't care if they banned semi-auto weapons. I can fire a lever action pretty quickly myself, but nowhere close to the speed we are seeing people firing these slide stock guns. 

Why would the SCOTUS down an attempt to ban the general public from putchasing semi-auto stuff?  They didn't down them from banning fully auto. I'd think that as the apparent need to ban certain types of weapons arises, they would view it under the same lens as they did the fully auto ban. Why wouldn't they? 

9 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I personally wouldn't care if they banned semi-auto weapons. I can fire a lever action pretty quickly myself, but nowhere close to the speed we are seeing people firing these slide stock guns. 

Why would the SCOTUS down an attempt to ban the general public from putchasing semi-auto stuff?  They didn't down them from banning fully auto. I'd think that as the apparent need to ban certain types of weapons arises, they would view it under the same lens as they did the fully auto ban. Why wouldn't they? 

Besides the 2nd amendment? Why is how you feel more of a right then my right to own a semi-automatic? Who is going to follow this ban were it to happen? Only law abiding citizens. Making us sitting ducks for any criminal or again taking away our right to fight tyranny.

7 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Because it would involve banning these. It's simply not going to happen. Most semi-autos have easily defensible non-mass shooting purposes.

70620-2.jpg

Focus on the scary looking guns, accessories and the high-capacity magazines. That's where you can get a win.

2 hours ago, thc6795 said:

We do blame cocaine and we sure try to keep it away from people.  The war on drugs is evidence of that.   Nobody gets upset because cocaine is illegal.  The current prescription drug epidemic is another health crisis facing this country.  Do we just focus on fixing the person or do we try to solve it by helping the person, stopping illegal selling of these drugs, public awareness, more social services?  There is never a single solution to any complex problem and weapons that enable mass murder is no different.  Other countries have done a lot to help themselves with gun problems and we could as well.  This is supposed to be the best country on the planet.  We were always told to believe that this country is special and we could do so much more if we had the will.  

You know I heard on tv the other day that 50% of all guns in this country are owned by only 3% of the population.  Not sure how accurate that is but if its even close to that we have a problem.  Talk about the tail wagging the dog. 

guns.jpg

1 hour ago, thc6795 said:

Besides the 2nd amendment? Why is how you feel more of a right then my right to own a semi-automatic? Who is going to follow this ban were it to happen? Only law abiding citizens. Making us sitting ducks for any criminal or again taking away our right to fight tyranny.

I'm of the thought process that as an obvious need arises to limit access to more devastating weaponry, or the technology advances to make normal weaponry more devastating, that there is a need to look at who is allowed these weapons. 

I mean, by the philosophy that you suggest, we should have the right to nukes as well. That way I can fight the tyranny of the trigger happy Trump. He has access to nukes and I don't. 

I understand all the arguments and there is a lot of good points in every one. In the end, humans in general are power hungry all the way down to your silly neighbor down the street. He wants to have more power and authority over you so he gets the bigger gun.  

It's in human nature to assert dominance over others, which is why we need to be protected from our own self. The more of these type weapons there are out there, the easier access to them by criminals or the chance of a dude snapping that has one or can just go buy one and distribute his authority over the next 500 people. 

You can't 100 percent stop these things from happening, but you can certainly apply some common sense regulation. 

Like I said, I wouldn't care if they went so far as to ban semi-auto stuff, but I don't expect they would. 

I think settling for banning the tube stock weapons and/or modifying them or any semi-auto weapon to match auto capabilities and some level of mental capacitance background be established would be ok. 

I mean, we stop folks that got caught with over an ounce of weed from buying firearms but let mentally ill people with no felonies can get all they want.  That's not applying common sense to the right to bear, and it's not maintaining a well regulated militia. 

We run into these areas where one article of the constitution starts infringing on another also. The lack of our well regulated militia has led to infringing on people's rights to the pursuit of happiness at a friggen country music concert. When these things happen we have to make adjustments somewhere. Either people are no longer allowed to pursue happiness at concerts or some regulation has to happen on firearms. 

Nothing is easy in these times because someone's freedoms are going to be adjusted on in some form or fashion. 

• Like 1

How come all these AR-15 experts, righteous defenders of "guns", 2nd amendment radicals, and etc never start threads about, hmmm, FREAKIN GUNS!

WHY wait till people get slaughtered and massacred to prove to the world what you think you know or can google ?

That's very fucking odd.

I mean really......we have hot dog threads, hurricane threads, music threads and.......etc.

ZERO gun threads. Hot dog > AR-15

34 minutes ago, Bormio said:

I do not know why this guy did this, but he planned it appears for quite a while.  There is a reason, it was not some sudden reaction, spur of the moment, temporary insanity-type thing.  To plan it that long and that well, he was on some sort of mission.

He made ISIS look like amateurs, no doubt!

2 hours ago, TheRealCAJ said:

How come all these AR-15 experts, righteous defenders of "guns", 2nd amendment radicals, and etc never start threads about, hmmm, FREAKIN GUNS!

WHY wait till people get slaughtered and massacred to prove to the world what you think you know or can google ?

That's very fucking odd.

I mean really......we have hot dog threads, hurricane threads, music threads and.......etc.

Probably another idiot that thinks AR means assault rifle. Come on swamp boy lets start a AR-15 thread. Does that scare you?  

9 hours ago, TheRealCAJ said:

That's very fucking odd.

11-gavin.w600.h315.2x.jpg

Ban Bump Stocks. Plain and simple. BTW, they were given the green like by the Obama Admin in 2010. Just saying. They have no practical use other than to spray rounds. You cannot maintain accuracy with them because of the constant recoil and pressure needed to make it operate. Not like a fully auto that you can stabilize after a half second or so.

15 hours ago, World Citizen said:

We do blame cocaine and we sure try to keep it away from people.  The war on drugs is evidence of that.   Nobody gets upset because cocaine is illegal.  The current prescription drug epidemic is another health crisis facing this country.  Do we just focus on fixing the person or do we try to solve it by helping the person, stopping illegal selling of these drugs, public awareness, more social services?  There is never a single solution to any complex problem and weapons that enable mass murder is no different.  Other countries have done a lot to help themselves with gun problems and we could as well.  This is supposed to be the best country on the planet.  We were always told to believe that this country is special and we could do so much more if we had the will.  

You know I heard on tv the other day that 50% of all guns in this country are owned by only 3% of the population.  Not sure how accurate that is but if its even close to that we have a problem.  Talk about the tail wagging the dog. 

Different surveys find different rates of gun ownership.

A Harvard team found in 2004 that 38 percent of households reported owning at least one firearm.

The latest General Social Survey found that 32 percent of Americans either own a firearm themselves or live with someone who does. 

The above was taken from a NBC News article. I'm guessing that they're guessing. Some people own guns that were purchased BEFORE gun registration/paper trail at gun dealers. I'm thinking they're numbers are from gun registrations.....Those they can track.

After the Orlando massacre I learned at this forum that if everyone had been packing it probably would NOT have happened or loss of life would have been greatly reduced. And, I learned if half this forum would have been at Orlando they would have done this and that.

After the Las Vegas massacre I learned at this forum all about gun suppressors, the real meaning of regulated militia and  responsibility through various educational tools such as google links, google charts, google funny memes and etc...

I feel like I'm really making progress and soon should be a massacre expert......

2 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

After the Orlando massacre I learned at this forum that if everyone had been packing it probably would NOT have happened or loss of life would have been greatly reduced. And, I learned if half this forum would have been at Orlando they would have done this and that.

After the Las Vegas massacre I learned at this forum all about gun suppressors, the real meaning of regulated militia and  responsibility through various educational tools such as google links, google charts, google funny memes and etc...

I feel like I'm really making progress and soon should be a massacre expert......

It's spelled M-A-S-C-A-R-A.......eyeliner dude.