Mater Dei & St. John Bosco

Mjd33

33 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Agree 100% .... sjb can't beat md w re al starting/playing. The soph gives them the best chance. 

Got to feel bad for Re-al...he carried that to team last year vs 10Cen.

On the plus side for MD they know DJ a little. Played him at the Edison 7on7 tournament plus our young secondary played DJ last year as freshman. 

21 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

Got to feel bad for Re-al...he carried that to team last year vs 10Cen.

On the plus side for MD they know DJ a little. Played him at the Edison 7on7 tournament plus our young secondary played DJ last year as freshman. 

Definitely tough on Re-al's  ego after leading his team to victory in the state championship and now the sr. getting benched by a soph. 

Like Janet Jackson, used to sing, "what have you done for me lately"

7 minutes ago, 1DayPGA said:

Definitely tough on Re-al  ego after leading his team to victory in the state championship and now the sr. getting benched by a soph. 

Like Janet Jackson, used to sing, "what have you done for me lately"

Wonder what Iowa State is thinking?

my guess is “we wanted him as a WR anyway so maybe this just jump starts the psychological transition”

Just now, Mjd33 said:

They are hoping he was going to be the next Seneca Wallace. 

You think?

i suspect a lot of interest in him was as a “baller” (not necessarily QB) that is one of fastest kids in the country

i can easily picture recruiters getting the picture that he was looking for a place to play QB but they were all looking at him as an athlete — he never demonstrated an FBS arm 

7 minutes ago, Pops said:

You think?

i suspect a lot of interest in him was as a “baller” (not necessarily QB) that is one of fastest kids in the country

i can easily picture recruiters getting the picture that he was looking for a place to play QB but they were all looking at him as an athlete — he never demonstrated an FBS arm 

Seneca was athlete first playing qb .... just like re al. 

Iowa state not going to get the cream of the crop Pocket passers  .... so hoping they can hit lightning in a bottle with mitchell like they did w Wallace who was a stud in college. 

15 minutes ago, Pops said:

You think?

Still not a LOI but assume the verbal commit was based on a legit QB opportunity.   Of course Iowa State can put an end to that notion in a hurry.  

I think we've all seen his motion and success rate in the air... the cmon mention was an overthrow, followed by a breakout run in last week's game.  He led them to 5 straight TD's last week I believe, BUT OLu is not Mater Dei of course.  They will have to pass well to win.  The young kid is big and has a fbs arm and motion. In warmups at STA I was watching him throw effortless tight spirals on short range to 30-40 yards.  He's got FBS ammo for sure.  I thought at some point vs STA we'd see both on the field for some trickery and/or have the young kid in for a series and test the STA secondary more.  

With open space Mitchell is electric.  I could see him running Georgia Tech's O well.  

IMG_3328.PNG

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Seneca was athlete first playing qb .... just like re al. 

Iowa state not going to get the cream of the crop Pocket passers  .... so hoping they can hit lightning in a bottle with mitchell like they did w Wallace who was a stud in college. 

Loved their MLB playing QB against Oklahoma

1 minute ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

I predict a very vanilla game, with a + - 3.5 swing either way. Over/Under 40. Neither coach wants to show the other anything, especially if they expect to see each other in the semi/finals of the playoffs. It is very difficult to beat an elite team twice in the same season.

This game important to avoid cc tho .... md also playing for national title. Rollinson going to look to put them away imo 

50 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

This game important to avoid cc tho .... md also playing for national title. Rollinson going to look to put them away imo 

Let me give Rollo a call. Havent spoke to him since the thursday before the BG game...i'll ask him to press down on the pass peddle...

If it is in fact true, Real quitting the team whether through his father or not, is a low class move... worse yet, it intensifies the negative movement of hs football where the inmates are trying to call the shots. This should be a team game where if one really cares about his "team mates" ( like we always hear in the canned interviews ),  he fits his best talents for what will work best to win where the whole team benefits... not just him. If I am ISU, it's adios time.

As an aside... does anyone know why this game was scheduled at EL Camino College?

5 minutes ago, Ararar said:

SJB freshman team clobbered MD 52-7

I wouldn’t take away anything from MD freshman scores this year. Starting this year, MD’s top freshman are all playing JV instead. MD has one freshman team this year but in the past they had 2 teams. So their Freshman team this year would be the equivalent of the ‘B’ teams from previous years.

MD has freshman studs on JV that will be contributing on varsity next year. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

I wouldn’t take away anything from MD freshman scores this year. Starting this year, MD’s top freshman are all playing JV instead. MD has one freshman team this year but in the past they had 2 teams. So their Freshman team this year would be the equivalent of the ‘B’ teams from previous years.

MD has freshman studs on JV that will be contributing on varsity next year. 

Yeah that makes sense since MD is playing a lot more  sophomores  and the jump from freshmen ball to varsity is huge

1 hour ago, Gospeeder said:

If it is in fact true, Real quitting the team whether through his father or not, is a low class move... worse yet, it intensifies the negative movement of hs football where the inmates are trying to call the shots. This should be a team game where if one really cares about his "team mates" ( like we always hear in the canned interviews ),  he fits his best talents for what will work best to win where the whole team benefits... not just him. If I am ISU, it's adios time.

As an aside... does anyone know why this game was scheduled at EL Camino College?

El Camino just revamped it’s stadium and it’s Bosco’s home field this year

11 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

if that’s true you got to feel bad for Re-al...

Can’t be easy for the team’s  psyche 😬

IF it's true, you have to feel for the kid and the dad.  How badly misdirected could a person be to act that way.  Hopefully for SJB the problem is limited in scope to a single player.   

1 hour ago, Eddyr2 said:

Yeah that makes sense since MD is playing a lot more  sophomores  and the jump from freshmen ball to varsity is huge

El Camino just revamped it’s stadium and it’s Bosco’s home field this year

Yea but last years game was at Cerritos and MD should be the home team this year at SA Stadium.