CA Open De La Salle 33 St. John Bosco 56 Final

PrepGridiron

1 minute ago, LOSer said:

Your artful dodging.

Your attempt to say that last night wasn't easy so therefore their path isn't easy.

I think the original quote was something like "no one has an easier path to greatness".

It's not all that artful to say that if the path to greatness terminates in a game against SJB, a team that has better players at almost every position than you have, then your path isn't an easy one.

1 minute ago, Belly Bob said:

"You' means DLS. 

Anybody who is a competent reader agrees with me.

"Me" means Belly Bob, the person writing this post, just in case you get confused. 

Yeah. That was in-artful of you too.

1 hour ago, Belly Bob said:

It's "whom", which you know, because you received one of those fancy DLS educations.

The preposition "by" introduces a prepositional phrase.

A prepositional phrase always ends with a noun or pronoun, which we call "the object of the proposition".

The object of the preposition always goes in the objective case.

"Who" is the subjective case; "whom" is the objective case.

But it can be difficult to remember all these grammar facts when you're blind drunk, even if you did graduate from DLS and win a MNC.

No grammar definitions on Sunday's and after an ass kicking. 

#nevergoodatgrammarorasskickings

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

"You' means DLS. 

Anybody who is a competent reader agrees with me.

Disagree.

When someone says 'you' the person reading it assumes themselves.

You wrote that very poorly.

Just now, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Los was fun? Well slap me with a fish.

Generally the creators of interesting content are fun and the ones who merely leach off others (you) aren't.

3 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

You must be the biggest leach ever then... I dont see you creating shit other than drama....

You're obsessed with me and must react to everything I say.

You are nothing.

6 hours ago, LOSer said:

You're just reaffirming your incompetence here.

A month ago you were saying they didn't have a top 500 win.

They didn't

6 hours ago, LOSer said:

Two weeks ago were saying that they didn't have a top 100 win.

They didn't

6 hours ago, LOSer said:

Now you're saying that they don't have a top 50 win.

They don't

6 hours ago, LOSer said:

If you don't think STA is being ranked on what has actually happened then you're hopeless.

If you don't think they've performed like one of the best teams this year then I can't help you. You're beyond help.

I said I don't have much of a problem w/ STA @ #7, even though no one is going to be able to come up with a 2-loss team, with one as low as #188, finish that high

STA got brought up after another STA guy was questioning SJB @ #2

I get the challenge, but awfully easy to just compare to STA to point out that SJB isn't getting any more favorable treatment

6 hours ago, 954gator said:

Pops lets go through the last few years.  It's becoming a trend.

2012: DLS #1

2013:   SJB #1

2014:  DLS #1

In 2015 is where it starts getting crazier... California has the #1, 2, and 4 ranked teams all with a loss.

OK -- I pointed out CP's whole history, because it's clearly NOT CA every year -- CA didn't win any of the first 6 years

You're opening up a large can of worms with this, but let me just say that IMHO, each and every time CP went w/ CA, it's very defensible

To narrow the discussion, if you'd like, pick a single year and I'll be your huckleberry

5 hours ago, noonereal said:

No team in the country faces an easier path to greatness than does DLS

Are you honstly gonna deny this? 

There's some truth to what you allege, but you assign motives that aren't there

CA is the biggest state in the union and Power3 in hsfb.  The state games, which were reinstituted in 2006 after not happening for like 80 years, pits North vs South.  DLS is the top national program in the country for the last 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, or 30 years and has repped the North every year there's been a state game.  Only twice was there a NorCal championship that stiffened the path, but DLS and all it's coaches and players would love for that game to happen every year -- sucks that it doesn't.  Would have pitted 2 top 25 CP teams this year, two top 5 teams in 2015, 2 top 10 in 2010, etc.  So, it's no slam dunk to be #1 team in NorCal and DLS gets a passmost years on proving it on the field head to head as long as they've proven it by schedule/ results thru sections.

Then, DLS has gotten a top 10 team in its last game the last 10 years in a row.  When they win that game, they are ranked very high.  If you think playing a top 10 team is indicative of the easiest path in the country, then I guess it is

Personally, I think the team's that take the shortest path to MNCs, at least in human polls, are teams that play their marquee games early and then hide.  Go 2-0 or 3-0 against top 100 teams and then play Liberty or Bolles in your state championship seems easier to me.

16 minutes ago, Pops said:

They didn't

They didn't

They don't

And now they do.

Which is the whole point.

You're constantly fighting yesterday's battles. You are always just about to be completely and utterly wrong. Everything you say is a mere day or week away from being shattered.

13 minutes ago, Pops said:

I said I don't have much of a problem w/ STA @ #7

Which is what you say all the time right before you post how much of a problem you have with it.

Just like...

"I don't have much of a problem with De La Salle being outside the top 25, but let me go ahead and tell you why they should be in the top 25...."

15 minutes ago, Pops said:

even though no one is going to be able to come up with a 2-loss team, with one as low as #188, finish that high

You probably won't be able to come up with a team rated #188 who beat 3 state champions either.

What you're saying is irrelevant and is just some made up standard that you came up with to justify your 'feelings' about STA.

2 minutes ago, LOSer said:

Which is what you say all the time right before you post how much of a problem you have with it.

Just like...

"I don't have much of a problem with De La Salle being outside the top 25, but let me go ahead and tell you why they should be in the top 25...."

I haven't said once this year that DLS should be in the top 25

But I have no problem with them finishing @ #24