Does DLS have any chance?

PrepGridiron

3 hours ago, Ararar said:

So DLS had a glimmer of hope for one play? It was 42-17 and SJB got bored.To DLS credit they kept playing but were never in the game but if it makes you feel better to think so be my guest 

Yes.

And the glimmer of hope was after the half. It came in the 4Q. 

So I guess we agree after all that the game wasn't over at halftime. 

19 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

My only hold back on laying money down is that I know Rollo has way too much respect for DLS to run it up on them. If the score is 35-10 after half, MD***** will run the ball and play a lot of Sr’s in the 4th. the score may end up looking much closer then the game actually was.

Agree Rollo, is a classy guy and would know what it would mean to a 3rd string sr. if he got to play in the championship game. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

real question...after the game does Rollo shake Alumbaugh's first or Lad's

hummm.gif

Alumbaugh’s

Lad will stay in background until that happens although I think rollo would treat Alumbaugh with the that courtesy anyway

this is Alumbaugh’s 5th team and 5th Open SBG — he’s already won as many Opens as the Trinity League and has earned it as well 

5 hours ago, Pops said:

this is Alumbaugh’s 5th team and 5th Open SBG — he’s already won as many Opens as the Trinity League and has earned it as well 

Trinity teams can beat Centennial, too.

And since that school accounts for both of his bowl wins, I'd say his 0-2 record vs. the Trinity League in SBG's is more relevant. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pops said:

This is reminiscent of the statements of the final emperors of Byzantium when they would speak glowingly of the greatness of their once vast empire. Never accepting the fact that their realm has been reduced to nothing more than a small city state. They not able to win battles outside of the small region they controlled, not prepared for battle with the warriors who came from the south. Like those kings I hope you too pray to the Theotokos to ask her for help and consolation. I not being from the lands of the Greeks do not call her by that name but perfur her name in Latin, Mater Dei.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

real question...after the game does Rollo shake Alumbaugh's first or Lad's

hummm.gif

That's easy, It's Alumbaugh,

Lad. moves much slower then he did nearly 20 yrs. ago. Takes him longer to get to midfield then Alum. :D

The real question what does Rollo do if MD loses for a 5th time. Shake hands or stay on the sidelines pulling his hair out. frustrating-hair-pulling.jpg.a9302f21b6727cae2fbca31882900390.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 1DayPGA said:

That's easy, It's Alumbaugh,

Lad. moves much slower then he did nearly 20 yrs. ago. Takes him longer to get to midfield then Alum. :D

The real question what does Rollo do if MD loses for a 5th time. Shake hands or stay on the sidelines pulling his hair out. frustrating-hair-pulling.jpg.a9302f21b6727cae2fbca31882900390.jpg

Shake his hand. Rollo has always been classy in defeat 

• Like 1

Reporters need to stop bring up the 0-4 record vs DLS or some players in silver and green are going to get hurt

“Let’s cut the BS, I had some good teams, (De La Salle) enforced their will and kicked our ass. ... twice,” Rollinson said. “We had our opportunities. We played them four times and we didn’t get it done even once. That resonated with a lot of people then, like, ‘C’mon this is Mater Dei. This isn’t supposed to happen to us.’”

http://m.sfgate.com/sports/article/Mater-Dei-ready-to-make-amends-for-4-DLS-losses-12428961.php

2 hours ago, Guccifer said:

Trinity teams can beat Centennial, too.

And since that school accounts for both of his bowl wins, I'd say his 0-2 record vs. the Trinity League in SBG's is more relevant. 

I’ll stick to my statement and am happy with the point emphasized 

the post initiating this discussion seemed to suggest that Alumbaugh is such a newbie compared to Lad and rollo and among other things I pointed out was he’s been around awhile and won as many CA Opens as the entire #1 league in America has since the SBG inceptions — he has earned the right to be Rollo’s first handshake (besides neither lad nor rollo would have it any other way)

this is just you once again trying to create some distinction where there is none — I could write “the sun rises in the east” and you’d respond with something about true east and magnetic poles

BTW, tell Rocco hello — he’s got a birthday coming up

31 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

Reporters need to stop bring up the 0-4 record vs DLS or some players in silver and green are going to get hurt

“Let’s cut the BS, I had some good teams, (De La Salle) enforced their will and kicked our ass. ... twice,” Rollinson said. “We had our opportunities. We played them four times and we didn’t get it done even once. That resonated with a lot of people then, like, ‘C’mon this is Mater Dei. This isn’t supposed to happen to us.’”

http://m.sfgate.com/sports/article/Mater-Dei-ready-to-make-amends-for-4-DLS-losses-12428961.php

Where is glorydays — he ought to be out of hibernation for this week if nothing else

have you two pm’d to figure out if your heads ever butted?

9 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Spectrum time warner is paying the CIF 8.5 mil over the next 15 years for exclusive rights

But didn’t they have that going last two years too and we worked away around it? Either way it’ll be on the Friday night lights channel on YouTube in a few days. Would just be cool to see it live again with the fellas