Does DLS have any chance?

PrepGridiron

6 hours ago, PrepGridiron said:

Let's not forget, MD has a world class passing offense, but DLS played some decent pass offenses this year in SJC, Central and the Bishop. I think those tests have been good experience. I also think MD will be surprised by the line speed of DLS. While similarly built to BG and SJB, unlike those teams, MD hasn't seen DLS in many years and I don't think you can replicate the speed in practice. I'm grasping at straws but I got to give myself some hope leading into Sat. 

I agree with you 100% especially the part about grasping for straws 

gotta find some reason for hope and I can say with conviction that their chances of winning are > 0% 

6 hours ago, The Stache said:

I'll tell you guys something that I've told the kids. 

DLS will show up,

Punch the clock

Kick your ass

Get back on the bus and go home.

Simple as that.   Listen, and understand! The Spartans will be out there! They can't be bargained with. They can't be reasoned with. They don't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And they absolutely will  not stop... ever, until you are dead!

Spartan Nation is very flattered with your Lou Holtz impersonation Coach

remember when he was at South Carolina trying to make the citadel sound scary?

anyway, that’s very respectful of you Coach.  

Just be gentle 

2 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Hoping for a entertaining game (and a MD victory) but just don’t know.

I think DLS can keep it close for a bit, maybe into the 3rd qtr. But they will get worn down in this one and the Stache raises the trophy 49-20.

Et tu, Brute?

i think your prediction might be generous, but thought we got tribal in CA come SBG time 

6 hours ago, Pops said:

Et tu, Brute?

i think your prediction might be generous, but thought we got tribal in CA come SBG time 

I've always have liked the Stache and have been open for years how I'd like to see him and MD get a ship. I just want to be entertained and want to see a good football game. If DLS pulls out a Hail Mary and wins it I would still be happy for them.        

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ararar said:

If you say so

I do

To calibrate, I was only offering some support for my friend from TX suggesting DLS owns some intangible advantage vs Socal in SBGs

DLS ‘17 is significantly better than DLS ‘16 (largely the same kids a year older).  DLS ‘16 had even less business being on the field vs SJB than DLS ‘17 does vs a much better MD.  I don’t even recall whether anyone was bold enough to post a “Dies DLS have a chance?” thread.  So a boxscore that looks like this:

DLS   14    3     10      6     33

SJB.  21.  14.     7.    14   56

when your opponent has a +66 advantage in only common opponent and you lose the turnover battle 0-4 can fairly be called a better than expected performance 

• Like 1