A Big Black Eye for Georgia

noonereal

7 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

IMG put up 24 more points on Cen10... and almost 300 more yards of JUST passing offense.

Cen10 having their system in place for a decade, while Grayson had a new HC probably had something to do with it... but what do I know.

Grayson barely beat McEachern the next game, 16-13. 

But later in the season put up more than Allen on Hoover... in fact they put up more than ANYONE on Hoover. They put up more than anyone on ALs 6A champ also.

They put up more than anyone on a FL 8A Semifinalist also.

Because it wasnt their 1st game of the season.

You ever think the reason Allen didn't score more vs Hoover is bc they had a new HC playing in his first game or does that excuse only belong to Grayson?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

Valdostas not that good offense put up more points than Mountain Pointe vs Chandler...  and Mountain Pointe put up similar points vs Upland than did SJB. 

Its all relative. Comparing scores means little.

My point is that Teams like SJB, Cen10, Chandler, Mater Dei.......are going to trash a defense regardless if it's Servite or Grayson, or IMG. 

Top 3- 20 Calif Schools have > = defensive ablility as Top 20 in any other state

Teams thatve lost by atleast 14 points this year...

Mater Dei CA -14 (SoCal Runner Up)

Brentwood Academy TN -14 (State Champ)

Cedar Hill TX -14 (State Quarterfinalist)

St. John Bosco CA -15 (State Champ)

Cedar Hill TX -15 (State Quarterfinalist)

Mission Viejo CA -16 (SoCal Quarterfinalist)

Kahuku HI -16 (State Runner Up)

St. Xavier OH -17 (State Champ)

St. Joseph Regional NJ -17 (State Champ)

Mill Creek GA -18 (State Semifinalist)

Clinton MS -18 (State Champ)

Hoover AL -18 (State Champ)

Grayson GA -19 (State Champ)

Evangel Christian Academy LA -19 (State Champ)

Mountain Pointe AZ -19 (State Runner Up)

Valdosta GA -20 (State Champ)

Ben Davis IN -20 (State Semifinalist)

St. John's DC -21 (State Runner Up)

Warren Central IN -21 (State Semifinalist)

Hoover AL -22 (State Champ)

De La Salle CA -23 (State Runner Up)

Rancho Cucamonga CA -27 (SoCal Semifinalist)

The Woodlands TX -28 (State Runner Up)

Kahuku HI -28 (State Runner Up)

Cedar Hill TX -30 (State Quarterfinalist)

St. Xavier OH -34 (State Champ)

Evangel Christian Academy LA -35 (State Champ)

Cocoa FL -36 (State Champ)

San Clemente CA -38 (State Champ)

St. Mary's (Stockton) CA -39 (State Runner Up)

Plant FL -39 (State Runner Up)

I got bored posting this after while... but out of that ENTIRE list... Valdosta sucks. C'mon sucka.

17 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

You ever think the reason Allen didn't score more vs Hoover is bc they had a new HC playing in his first game or does that excuse only belong to Grayson?

Gambill had been at Allen is 9 seasons before... its not like it was brand new. They didnt change much at all this year. They seemed to do fine vs ECA right after.

Grayson was running the spread and brought in a WingT coach that started some weird hybrid shit at 1st.  Grayson only scored 16 vs McEachern the very next game. They also had a good many new transfers that started thatd never been with the team.

But yeah... Allen did have a new HC although the situations werent exactly the same...

22 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

My point is that Teams like SJB, Cen10, Chandler, Mater Dei.......are going to trash a defense regardless if it's Servite or Grayson, or IMG. 

Top 3- 20 Calif Schools have > = defensive ablility as Top 20 in any other state

Thats not any kind of point... those teams didnt play Graysons defense. IMG couldnt do a thing with the ball except run with their QB. It was dink and dunk all game.

Graysons defense is better than IMGs at this point.

A. Valdosta is not Grayson. Valdosta has 1 D1 prospect on their entire defense. Every single starter on Graysons defense in D1.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

Thats not any kind of point... those teams didnt play Graysons defense. IMG couldnt do a thing with the ball except run with their QB. It was dink and dunk all game.

Graysons defense is better than IMGs at this point.

A. Valdosta is not Grayson. Valdosta has 1 D1 prospect on their entire defense. Every single starter on Graysons defense in D1.

IMG straight up ran basic QB draws all night and Grayson was as helpless as a baby seal.  IMG was able to keep 90% of their offense under wraps and showed Cen10 NOTHING.

Thanks Grayson.  Appreciate you showing everyone the line.  Not

35 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Gambill had been at Allen is 9 seasons before... its not like it was brand new. They didnt change much at all this year. They seemed to do fine vs ECA right after.

Grayson was running the spread and brought in a WingT coach that started some weird hybrid shit at 1st.  Grayson only scored 16 vs McEachern the very next game. They also had a good many new transfers that started thatd never been with the team.

But yeah... Allen did have a new HC although the situations werent exactly the same...

Allen's situation doesn't have to be exact to Grayson, just relevant.

Gambill hadn't been at Allen since 2009 and he was new and brought a new OC.  Anytime you have a new regime there are changes as outlined by the players in this article. There was a learning curve these kids had to overcome that would not have been there had westerberg stayed.  I cut and pasted the important parts:

[When Coach Gambill was hired, he brought with him a new system for the offense. Although there have been growing pains, senior quarterback Mitchell Jonke said he feels that the offense will continue to get better.

“When [Coach Gambill] came in this spring, I spent every morning with our offensive coordinator Coach [Derek] Alford learning the offense and then helping the other guys as I learned,” Jonke said. “Once we get into more of a rhythm with the new offense, I think we can definitely get things going a lot better and keep things rolling in a positive direction.”]

25 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Allen's situation doesn't have to be exact to Grayson, just relevant.

Gambill hadn't been at Allen since 2009 and he was new and brought a new OC.  Anytime you have a new regime there are changes as outlined by the players in this article. There was a learning curve these kids had to overcome that would not have been there had westerberg stayed.  I cut and pasted the important parts:

[When Coach Gambill was hired, he brought with him a new system for the offense. Although there have been growing pains, senior quarterback Mitchell Jonke said he feels that the offense will continue to get better.

“When [Coach Gambill] came in this spring, I spent every morning with our offensive coordinator Coach [Derek] Alford learning the offense and then helping the other guys as I learned,” Jonke said. “Once we get into more of a rhythm with the new offense, I think we can definitely get things going a lot better and keep things rolling in a positive direction.”]

Plus that was Allen's 1st game of the season and Hoover's 2nd and since we are patting ourselves on the back Allen held Hoover to a single TD. The lease amount of points they scored all Season. I guess Allen's Defense was much better than Grayson's. LOL

WEEK 1 for ALLEN 25 HOOVER 7

WEEK 10 Grayson 36 Hoover 14    Let us see the JAWJAA knowledge on this too.

The New Mascot for Valdosta for this ass whipping explanation will not cease.  Damn this thread is like the Bottomless pit.    I just printed it and am on my way to my backyard with a shovel I plan on burying it in a Time Capsule because I want future Generation's of Texans too see how one Saturday in Frisco TX sent JAWJAA into the greatest damn explanation ever of what  happened when Chandler. AZ went Postal on Valdosta whom they expected to act like all those JAWJAA AAAAAA teams but instead they acted like a Texas AAAAAA Team in Texas.:D 

Valdosta  can't seem to get around the Chandler Tree. :D

90s 90s commercials energizer energizer bunny

• Like 1

Part of the reason this thread has existed for so long is because we've had to hear for a number of years about the depth of GA and in particular Region 1. At the same time, we've had to hear how other areas (NorCal, Jersey, SoCal outside the Trinity, Ohio) aren't GA. We have to hear how GA playoffs are so much deeper than anyone else's outside of TX. We have to hear how Calpreps is a fraud because the way they categorize GA. Well, the chicken has come to roost. This thread could've ended after page 1, but then we get this remarkable claim that it wasn't as bad as it looks and that GA actually represented well. We also have to hear how we wish McEachern or some other 7A power would have been sent and that they would have beaten Chandler. We've been measuring GA mostly on hearsay. Sure their top dog can beat the Valdosta's of the world (both in state and out of state), but how do we truly measure them? We've been basing our judgment on the loud banging of several members of this board. Now we have a measuring stick and one poster wants to walk it down. Not happening, the board has taken stock of this just like it did Norcross. Trust me, as a DLS fan, its a hard pill to swallow. But we all have to take our medicine sometimes and realize what we are.

P.S. Lest I forget we've had to hear about those GA defenses. 

1 hour ago, PrepGridiron said:

Part of the reason this thread has existed for so long is because we've had to hear for a number of years about the depth of GA and in particular Region 1. At the same time, we've had to hear how other areas (NorCal, Jersey, SoCal outside the Trinity, Ohio) aren't GA. We have to hear how GA playoffs are so much deeper than anyone else's outside of TX. We have to hear how Calpreps is a fraud because the way they categorize GA. Well, the chicken has come to roost. This thread could've ended after page 1, but then we get this remarkable claim that it wasn't as bad as it looks and that GA actually represented well. We also have to hear how we wish McEachern or some other 7A power would have been sent and that they would have beaten Chandler. We've been measuring GA mostly on hearsay. Sure their top dog can beat the Valdosta's of the world (both in state and out of state), but how do we truly measure them? We've been basing our judgment on the loud banging of several members of this board. Now we have a measuring stick and one poster wants to walk it down. Not happening, the board has taken stock of this just like it did Norcross. Trust me, as a DLS fan, its a hard pill to swallow. But we all have to take our medicine sometimes and realize what we are.

P.S. Lest I forget we've had to hear about those GA defenses. 

We have seen 3 Ga. State Champs get smoked OOS.  I present exhibits A, B, and C. You honor I rest my case. Their top 2 Class AAAAAA and AAAAAAA Champ's got smoked this year in OOS games. SSSSSSHHHHHHHHH  you are not suppose to know this. 

2016  IMG 26 Ga Big Boy Champ Grayson 7   LMAO The Texas Champ doesn't play OOS is his excuse. LMAO MORE. 2 other schools played IMG Closer :D

2016 Chandler 44 GA 6A Champ Valdosta 24 It's not that bad really guys. That would be 2 Loss Chandler including a 52-7 loss during the season and 3 teams played them closer and finally the greatest damn embarrassment in HS FOOTBALL HISTORY

2013 BTW 55 Norcross 0  Ga Big Boy Champ :  Only 1 other team lost worse to BTW the whole year

So in 3 years their Big Boy Champ's have lost OOS.  That is awesome. And then the 6A kids laid down as well. Where is OldSenileOne when you need him.  

Now tell us why the Texas Champ doesn't play OOS which I have proven a lie. Not one of them lost OOS.  And when a Texas power loses OOS they get their asses smoked in Texas and can't win State. FACTS suck 

But we all remember how we keep hearing about those great Defenses. :D Yet those 3 Champs combined for 31 pts and gave up 125 pts. WTF avg margin of ass whippings 41 - 10

We all remember the BTW excuses about it was close till the turnovers. Common theme. 

21 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Best HSFB STATES: 

1. Texas 

2. Florida

3. California

4. Ohio

5. New Jersey

48. South Dakota  

49. Georgia 

50. Delaware 

Classic.  That is funny. Somehow I see ECHS05 listening to this about 20 times a day in a BOXCAR with his GUITAR. Yep a Rainy Night In JAAWJAAA :D

WHERE DO I GO FROM HERE SUCH A RAINY NIGHT IN GEORGIA.  It's not raining all over the world just in JAAWJAAA. :P

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Classic.  That is funny. Somehow I see ECHS05 listening to this about 20 times a day in a BOXCAR with his GUITAR. Yep a Rainy Night In JAAWJAAA :D

WHERE DO I GO FROM HERE SUCH A RAINY NIGHT IN GEORGIA.  It's not raining all over the world just in JAAWJAAA. :P

Just remember Georgia, one of your best made a classic song about NorCal

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Plus that was Allen's 1st game of the season and Hoover's 2nd and since we are patting ourselves on the back Allen held Hoover to a single TD. The lease amount of points they scored all Season. I guess Allen's Defense was much better than Grayson's. LOL

WEEK 1 for ALLEN 25 HOOVER 7

WEEK 10 Grayson 36 Hoover 14    Let us see the JAWJAA knowledge on this too.

It's obvious Grayson was resting all their starters getting ready for the gauntlet known as the JawJaa playoffs!

• Like 1