Some California news

Ararar

5 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Servite 44-0 Over Bishop Amat.  Ouch!

Servile really needed a Big Time OOS game this year with this team…..

These guys have a core that has played together for years, and their Defense is lights out…. it’s looking like they will make the TL interesting this year…. 

It’s really nice to see Cen10 and Servite opening up Strong this year!!!… Good for So Cal HSFB, one of those teams will eventually take down MD or SJB….

They are the programs that have the Coaching to make it happen….

• Like 3

Just now, Slotback Right said:

I think the cc-Sierra Canyon score (35-14) is about what to expect. 42-14 maybe.

For what it's worth, CalPreps predicted (before this Amat game) that next week would be Servite 40 Sierra Canyon 6. 

I don't think it will be that bad.

Why not?  It's a new era.  Let go the bounds of 2014-2018.  We beat SJB this year.  Get with the program

• Haha 1

This Amat game was full of huge mistakes by the Lancer's long snapper resulting in two scores, a safety and a TD for the Friars. 

The Friars dominated, but I thought Fifita was off a little tonight, although, according to the announcers after the game, He was 19/26 for 266 yards. I was surprised to hear that, since he overthrew TMac at least twice, including one in the end zone, and he also overthrew a wide open Wes Taylor in the end zone also. So while the game could have been closer without the Amat mistakes, it could have been worse too. 

19/26 for 266 yards (3 TDs, 0 INTS) is darn good, but Burnett had two dropped passes, which is not like him, and considering that and the previously mentioned overthrows, Noah could have been about 24 out of 26. 

These two teams are usually pretty evenly matched, but not tonight. This win evens the series between the two schools at 18 wins apiece.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Why not?  It's a new era.  Let go the bounds of 2014-2018.  We beat SJB this year.  Get with the program

Well, I did predict before the season, that we would beat one of the two big Trinity League monsters. That's when Hurricane Nick said he didn't think much of my predictions.

SJB could be the one...but I'm not choosy...I'd take a win over Mater Dei instead.

2 minutes ago, Slotback Right said:

Well, I did predict before the season, that we would beat one of the two big Trinity League monsters. That's when Hurricane Nick said he didn't think much of my predictions.

SJB could be the one...but I'm not choosy...I'd take a win over Mater Dei instead.

😉 I hope you do beat bosco. 

D9730955-133F-41A2-B1EB-0D65B4A487B4.jpeg

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

Servile really needed a Big Time OOS game this year with this team…..

These guys have a core that has played together for years, and their Defense is lights out…. it’s looking like they will make the TL interesting this year…. 

It’s really nice to see Cen10 and Servite opening up Strong this year!!!… Good for So Cal HSFB, one of those teams will eventually take down MD or SJB….

They are the programs that have the Coaching to make it happen….

Agreed that it’s too bad Servite did not have a big national game this season. If they are going to beat MD or Bosco it would need to be this season. No doubt Servite is playing well but they have yet to play a good team. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Agreed that it’s too bad Servite did not have a big national game this season. If they are going to beat MD or Bosco it would need to be this season. No doubt Servite is playing well but they have yet to play a good team. 

An OOS beat down would have been nice.   And no, Bishop Nolan would have been ridiculed.  A win over SJB would be even better though 

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

An OOS beat down would have been nice.   And no, Bishop Nolan would have been ridiculed.  A win over SJB would be even better though 

A win over Bosco or MD is obviously the best thing. However it would have been nice if Servite was in the Trinity vs USA event against a highly ranked OOS team. This is Servite's best team ever so they should have gone all out with the schedule. Instead they did the opposite.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, On2whls said:

Seeing DLS out of the top 10 is so weird.  Will be interesting to see where they are in three weeks.

They play Cathedral this week . I know Cen10 whooped them in first game . Do you think CC had much upside potential after watching game ?  Some people think CC is gonna bring game against DLS . I see that they are ranked in top 10 . 

Personally , if CC is one dimension on offense , I think spartans roll . If they are duel threat , than they could pose a problem, though I see Dela winning still . Spartans are in their usual early season mode of  trying to figure things out . Once things get ironed out, they should be real tough to beat, with the exceptions of you know who

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

They play Cathedral this week . I know Cen10 whooped them in first game . Do you think CC had much upside potential after watching game ?  Some people think CC is gonna bring game against DLS . I see that they are ranked in top 10 . 

Cen10 has a very good secondary and the DLine is very athletic.  This made Cathedrals O more one dimensional than they will be against most teams.  
The QB especially looked lost.  If DLS can pressure him a bit, they’ll be okay.
As usual ,Cathedrals O line will do a lot of pulling, misdirection, counters etc, although they are a little smaller and chunkier than they have been.  I think DLS knows how to defend that.  The back is a bruiser though and every bit as dangerous as the kid they faced last week.  He runs well between the tackles or can burn you outside if he gets the corner. The St. Francis O looked more physical than Cathedrals (hard to tell watching a stream on a phone though).

Cathedral does much better at home than on the road.  If you’ve been to enough of their games, you would know why. 

I also didn’t see as much personnel rotating in as I have in the past so after the starting guys, not as much depth.

I think they might be able to hang with DLS early, but as long as DLS can avoid the fumbles, I see a decisive DLS win.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Cen10 has a very good secondary and the DLine is very athletic.  This made Cathedrals O more one dimensional than they will be against most teams.  
The QB especially looked lost.  If DLS can pressure him a bit, they’ll be okay.
As usual ,Cathedrals O line will do a lot of pulling, misdirection, counters etc, although they are a little smaller and chunkier than they have been.  I think DLS knows how to defend that.  The back is a bruiser though and every bit as dangerous as the kid they faced last week.  He runs well between the tackles or can burn you outside if he gets the corner. The St. Francis O looked more physical than Cathedrals (hard to tell watching a stream on a phone though).

Cathedral does much better at home than on the road.  If you’ve been to enough of their games, you would know why. 

I also didn’t see as much personnel rotating in as I have in the past so after the starting guys, not as much depth.

I think they might be able to hang with DLS early, but as long as DLS can avoid the fumbles, I see a decisive DLS win.

St. Francis is a very physical, senior laden team.  Their problem is that they don't execute like a top team should . I think the Dela team ( not the followers ) didn't know how physically able SF is . That 1rst half , with all the penalties and mistakes by Dela , SF could have blown it open if they had a dialed in offense . It will be interesting to see how they end up . They sure exposed the Spartans in that game , but time after time, somehow , Spartans  fix things along the way, and end up a really good team . However , as we have seen all around , nothing is for sure anymore .

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

St. Francis is a very physical, senior laden team.  Their problem is that they don't execute like a top team should . I think the Dela team ( not the followers ) didn't know how physically able SF is . That 1rst half , with all the penalties and mistakes by Dela , SF could have blown it open if they had a dialed in offense . It will be interesting to see how they end up . They sure exposed the Spartans in that game , but time after time, somehow , Spartans  fix things along the way, and end up a really good team . However , as we have seen all around , nothing is for sure anymore .

You are Spot on regarding SF and Their Physical Play…. They took it to DLS in the first Half…..

This weeks game will say a lot…. They have a Bye Before they play ST Francis and Folsom…. 

I am expecting them to come out and play well, they have a lot of talent on offense, they just need to play a whole game and not a good half…. 🍻

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2