Some California news

Ararar

46 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

If they are anything like the 2015 group, things are looking good and maybe shock the world come playoffs.

The 2015 team could hurt you every which way on offense.  The current team has potential but need to develop a more consistent mid to long passing attack.  They have potential to be very explosive.  Most of the offensive impact players are not Seniors so next year would be a better comparison.  2015 they had JJ Taylor who is now on the Patriots.  They don’t have a back of that caliber.

50 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

The better Cen10 is the better hs football in Ca is.  IMO  Same with Folsom and Grant up north.  

I agree.  The NorCal guys have been pretty quiet thus far.  Folsom destroyed Monterrey Trail but not much talk about that.  Did the Serra/Pitt game get cancelled?

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Just now, On2whls said:

The 2015 team could hurt you every which way on offense.  The current team has potential but need to develop a more consistent mid to long passing attack.  They have potential to be very explosive.  Most of the offensive impact players are not Seniors so next year would be a better comparison.  2015 they had JJ Taylor who is now on the Patriots.  They don’t have a back of that caliber.

I agree.  The NorCal guys have been pretty quiet thus far.  Folsom destroyed Monterrey Trail but not much talk about that.  Did the Serra/Pitt game get cancelled?

Cancelled 

4 minutes ago, On2whls said:

They know better than to pimp a win over SST

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Gospeeder said:

IMO... the only thing that has held Cen10 back the past few seasons has been their qb's ( possibly the dual qb system they have run... it was terrible ). They have talent and if the qb play is consistent throughout the year, they will go deep in the POf's... definitely a "lets try to avoid the guys" type team.

Yes the QB’s have not been as effective as through 2017.  But, they have also not had consistent and effective enough play on the so line.  This year the Online is looking more promising which is instrumental for good QB play.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

They know better than to pimp a win over SST

Sure, in the context of National high school football relevance, devouring the Trail Mix gets you ridicule.  But, the separation by MD/SJB has put pretty much every CA program with the possible exception of DLS out of the discussion.   Servite maybe gets in the discussion, if, and only if, they can take down Goliath 1 or 2.  Would be nice to see, but I think they fall short once again.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

Some So Cal Scores...

LOYOLA 62. The Opponent 21. 

Bosco 47. Amat 7. 

Mission Viejo 41. Long Beach Poly 14.

Damien 42. St. Francis 17. 

Inglewood 52. Carson 0. 

Cathedral Catholic 50. Chaminade 17.

Orange Lutheran 23. Edison 21.  

San Clemente 13. La Costa Canyon 6. 

Santa Margarita 39. St. Augustine (San Diego) 10.

Notre Dame 20. Valencia 49.

Oaks Christian 7. Valor Christian (Colorado) 30.

IMG_7517.jpg.9a3808977cba0b95d568b9363f7b6da3.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 1901VeniceCub said:

Cathedral Catholic 50. Chaminade 17.

Orange Lutheran 23. Edison 21.  

San Clemente 13. La Costa Canyon 6. 

Santa Margarita 39. St. Augustine (San Diego) 10

Chaminade must have shit pass defense.  Running team Cathedral threw for 325 yds on them.  

OLU, Santa Margarita.  The bottom feeder TL teams gotta make hay outside of league. 

San Clemente likes to head south OOL and test those SD teams.  13 puts vs La Costa canyon?  Mission Viejo is liking that.

• Like 1

Cathedral Catholic trouncing a pretty decent Chaminade team makes you question just how good Cen10 is. I am looking forward to the Cen10/Sierra Canyon game today. IMO Cen10 wins. I think they were somewhat overlooked coming into the season, if that’s possible, but if they win today people will take notice after what would be two statement wins. It’s too bad their game against MD was cancelled for COVID. Obviously MD should win but it is a good measuring stick.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Cathedral Catholic trouncing a pretty decent Chaminade team makes you question just how good Cen10 is. I am looking forward to the Cen10/Sierra Canyon game today. IMO Cen10 wins. I think they were somewhat overlooked coming into the season, if that’s possible, but if they win today people will take notice after what would be two statement wins. It’s too bad their game against MD was cancelled for COVID. Obviously MD should win but it is a good measuring stick.

Hopefully Cen10 & MD meet in the postseason. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

I think it comes down to matchups.  Cathedral couldn’t get anything going against Cen10 in the air.  Cen10 gave up 190 rushing yards to Cathedrals big back but got enough stops.  Cen10’s offense moved far more easily against Cathedral than I thought possible.  A mobile QB was a matchup nightmare for Cathedrals D.

Cathedral provided matchup problems for Chaminade in the passing game.

Cen10 showed a lot of promise last week but today will let us know how good they might be. It should be more competitive than last weeks contest.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, On2whls said:

I think it comes down to matchups.  Cathedral couldn’t get anything going against Cen10 in the air.  Cen10 gave up 190 rushing yards to Cathedrals big back but got enough stops.  Cen10’s offense moved far more easily against Cathedral than I thought possible.  A mobile QB was a matchup nightmare for Cathedrals D.

Cathedral provided matchup problems for Chaminade in the passing game.

Cen10 showed a lot of promise last week but today will let us know how good they might be. It should be more competitive than last weeks contest.

Any stream for the upcoming cen10 game you know of ?