Some California news

Ararar

1 hour ago, Bodysurf said:

IMO 2018 Bosco was their best team. @dntn31 

Probably was. The 2015 team was special... until the first quarter against Cen10 in the finals when the rails fell off. That team had more forced turnovers than punts for the entire year and was up 42-0 against a JT Daniels Monarchs team into the 4th quarter when Negro called off the dogs. Other than that, when was the last time Mater Dei got running clocked?

The end of the year 2016 team was also pretty great. They didn't really find their offensive identity until they moved Wyatt Davis to guard and committed to running the ball first with Re-al. Gorman was special that year and SJB was leading them at the half. It would have been interesting to see a rematch at the end of the year.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

The end of the year 2016 team was also pretty great. They didn't really find their offensive identity until they moved Wyatt Davis to guard and committed to running the ball first with Re-al. 

What Wyatt Davis did in the 2016 championship game against MD was the most dominating singular performance by an offensive lineman I have seen. I was mesmerized watching him during that game. Goes to show what aspect of the game I focus on. The result of that game was a wakeup call for MD to fortify the defensive trenches.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

MD 2018 was certainly good but Bryce really was at a different level in 2019.

The irony is that 2018 may have been Bosco’s best team ever. The 2018 and 2019 CIF SS championship games were both upsets.

IMO 2018 Bosco was their best team. @dntn31 

I can't remember who Bosco played oos in 2018 , but if you do, who did they play and was it better than bosco's 2019 oos ?

19 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

I can't remember who Bosco played oos in 2018 , but if you do, who did they play and was it better than bosco's 2019 oos ?

I am not sure who Bosco played OOS. I don’t recall any games against national powerhouses. MD played IMG in 2018 and St Frances in 2019. MD had other OOS games but those are the two that mattered.

9 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

I am not sure who Bosco played OOS. I don’t recall any games against national powerhouses. MD played IMG in 2018 and St Frances in 2019. MD had other OOS games but those are the two that mattered.

OOS matters when we are talking goats , at least most of the time . In 2018, Bosco almost got beat by JSerra . Then they whipped MD to everyone's surprise . It was probably more like MD having their one bad game for the season . What MD's defense did to SJB in Finals was a masterpiece for defense . They made DJ look pedestrian . For that reason , it is hard, at least for me, to say 18 Bosco was better than 2019 Bosco . Also, 2019 Bosco had a pretty good oos, though no where near MD's

2 hours ago, dntn31 said:

Probably was. The 2015 team was special... until the first quarter against Cen10 in the finals when the rails fell off. That team had more forced turnovers than punts for the entire year and was up 42-0 against a JT Daniels Monarchs team into the 4th quarter when Negro called off the dogs. Other than that, when was the last time Mater Dei got running clocked?

The end of the year 2016 team was also pretty great. They didn't really find their offensive identity until they moved Wyatt Davis to guard and committed to running the ball first with Re-al. Gorman was special that year and SJB was leading them at the half. It would have been interesting to see a rematch at the end of the year.

2016 Bosco offense at end of season was absolutely dominating . Road pavers .  The weakness for that team was their pass defense . BG was able to beat you guys with the big plays over the top . But what an all around great team they were at end of season.

2015 , according to some Bosco posters , was better than the 2013 Mama's team . But Cen10 !!!  That stretch for them between 2012-2016 , those were top shelf offenses .  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

OOS matters when we are talking goats , at least most of the time . In 2018, Bosco almost got beat by JSerra . Then they whipped MD to everyone's surprise . It was probably more like MD having their one bad game for the season . What MD's defense did to SJB in Finals was a masterpiece for defense . They made DJ look pedestrian . For that reason , it is hard, at least for me, to say 18 Bosco was better than 2019 Bosco . Also, 2019 Bosco had a pretty good oos, though no where near MD's

The 2018 finals was a masterpiece by Eric Johnson. And the consecutive MD defensive performances this year against Centennial and Servite was equally, if not more, impressive.

• Like 2

On 12/1/2021 at 2:37 PM, HurricaneNick said:

Regardless of who anyone *thinks* is better, a two-loss third place league finisher being seeded above an undefeated league champion is ridiculous. Incorrectly seeded and they have to get that right going forward. I’m not going to complain too much, worked out pretty good for us! 

I agree wholeheartedly, but "choosing" seeds was never really an option, was it?  It was all based on the Calpreps rankings, which are computerized, correct?  I have to believe that, had there been people involved, it would have been MD, SJB, Cen10 and then Servite, if not Cen10 in the 2 spot (although probably not).  

And let me bitch just one more time about the virtual irrelevance of seeding as it concerned home field.  Now THAT is something that MUST be changed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MD87 said:

I agree wholeheartedly, but "choosing" seeds was never really an option, was it?  It was all based on the Calpreps rankings, which are computerized, correct?  I have to believe that, had there been people involved, it would have been MD, SJB, Cen10 and then Servite, if not Cen10 in the 2 spot (although probably not).  

And let me bitch just one more time about the virtual irrelevance of seeding as it concerned home field.  Now THAT is something that MUST be changed.

100% correct 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ararar said:

How much of a bump would Centennial have gotten in the computer if the first game with MD hadn’t gotten canceled? Especially if it was as close as the semi final game?

Centennial struggled in the first half of all their OOL games including Citrus Valley and J Serra.  They were able to wear down the opponents defenses in the second half of those games.   It likely wouldn’t have been as close against MD if the first game happened.