Some California news

Ararar

1 hour ago, Cossacks said:

Nope. The NCS doesn’t want to split revenue with the CCS and SJS and vice versa. They all want their own control. That’s exactly why we had the CCS have 3 open divisions and when that got shut down the NCS basically circumnavigated the The CIF rule for their own benefit with this Open loser to D1 crap.

They could still keep their sections and their playoff but predetermined sections would then have their champion play then the north /south championship game.I dont know seems better than the CIF hand picking opponents 

• Like 1

Just now, Ararar said:

They could still keep their sections and their playoff but predetermined sections would then have their champion play then the north /south championship game.I dont know seems better than the CIF hand picking opponents 

Wholeheartedly agree. I just do not see it happening. Again it’s a control and $$ issue. And your dealing with an odd number (3) of sections. Then what, play 13 games and have 3 champions, what do you do with the 3rd? Someone gets left out?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Wholeheartedly agree. I just do not see it happening. Again it’s a control and $$ issue. And your dealing with an odd number (3) of sections. Then what, play 13 games and have 3 champions, what do you do with the 3rd? Someone gets left out?

I get it it’s just a frustrating system that could be so much better 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cossacks said:

3 hours ago, Ararar said:

I get it it’s just a frustrating system that could be so much better 

It’s Easily Fixable…. Just Bring Back the open Regional playoff game…. It will draw Bigger Crowds and would likely even be on TV….

The NCS proved this year that Nor Cal can do whatever we want up here so we don’t have to follow the same path as So Cal necessarily….

So just Bring it Back… we would be looking at a great game Between DLS and Serra…. What a storyline, former DLS player Coaching against His Alma Mater to go to the Open….

• Like 2

1 minute ago, THEOC89 said:

It’s Easily Fixable…. Just Bring Back the open Regional playoff game…. It will draw Bigger Crowds and would likely even be on TV….

The NCS proved this year that Nor Cal can do whatever we want up here so we don’t have to follow the same path as So Cal necessarily….

So just Bring it Back… we would be looking at a great game Between DLS and Serra…. What a storyline, former DLS player Coaching against His Alma Mater to go to the Open….

Would work well for the north... not so much for the south.

• Like 1

Just now, dntn31 said:

Definitely…. The South Doesn’t Need it because it’s best teams play each other and I don’t think San Diego or LA Section really cares about The Open…..

It works perfectly for Nor Cal though… the only issue is you give up the Bye week…. The sections could easily just tweak their playoff brackets to work that bye week in there….

1 hour ago, dntn31 said:

1 hour ago, THEOC89 said:

Definitely…. The South Doesn’t Need it because it’s best teams play each other and I don’t think San Diego or LA Section really cares about The Open…..

It works perfectly for Nor Cal though… the only issue is you give up the Bye week…. The sections could easily just tweak their playoff brackets to work that bye week in there….

@dntn31That’s true and totally a problem, I tried pointing it out to Sammy, but over his head. 😂

@THEOC89

The problem is you need one consistent guideline/format everyone has to follow, statewide. Otherwise you see what you get with rogue bullshit CCS and NCS loopholes and playoff formats where they make their own rules (ie. losers keep playing and move on).

2 hours ago, Cossacks said:

@dntn31That’s true and totally a problem, I tried pointing it out to Sammy, but over his head. 😂

@THEOC89

The problem is you need one consistent guideline/format everyone has to follow, statewide. Otherwise you see what you get with rogue bullshit CCS and NCS loopholes and playoff formats where they make their own rules (ie. losers keep playing and move on).

Not Really…. Who Cares who we send to State Bowls from Nor Cal?….

Right Now you have DLS vs Serra Open Play in….

PITT vs Folsom in D1AA…. And Then Fresno vs Who Cares in D1A…. 🤣

My point is.The Open is The True State Championship and You Can’t Say The #1 Team In Nor Cal is a Team who Lost to another Nor Cal Team by 23 Points and Didn’t even have to Beat DLS On The Field….

Even-though Serra is in The Open, No One considers them the best team in Nor Cal, Not Even The Polls or Cal Preps Because they did not beat DLS, SF did.….

A True Champion in Nor Cal is More Important then being Cannon Fodder in a SBG Open Game or Winning Some Lower Level game against the 10th Best Team In So Cal…. 

Thats what Competition is all About…. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cossacks said:

@THEOC89

Possible solution:

DLS joins the WCAL and the CCS. Forming the strongest league and section in NorCal. The SFS, OS, NS and NCS can continue playing their minor bowls. The CCS and SJS figure a system to send their best to the CIF Open bowl. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Las Vegas_JC said:

Possible solution:

DLS joins the WCAL and the CCS. Forming the strongest league and section in NorCal. The SFS, OS, NS and NCS can continue playing their minor bowls. The CCS and SJS figure a system to send their best to the CIF Open bowl. 

Sounds reasonable. But that suggestion has been thrown around since the 80’s. So I don’t see it happening anytime soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, THEOC89 said:

Not Really…. Who Cares who we send to State Bowls from Nor Cal?….

Right Now you have DLS vs Serra Open Play in….

PITT vs Folsom in D1AA…. And Then Fresno vs Who Cares in D1A…. 🤣

My point is.The Open is The True State Championship and You Can’t Say The #1 Team In Nor Cal is a Team who Lost to another Nor Cal Team by 23 Points and Didn’t even have to Beat DLS On The Field….

Even-though Serra is in The Open, No One considers them the best team in Nor Cal, Not Even The Polls or Cal Preps Because they did not beat DLS, SF did.….

A True Champion in Nor Cal is More Important then being Cannon Fodder in a SBG Open Game or Winning Some Lower Level game against the 10th Best Team In So Cal…. 

Thats what Competition is all About…. 

In all honesty you are right. I could really give two shits about who NorCal sends to many of the bowl games and at this juncture, I watch the Open and maybe bits and pieces of the other games unless I have some tie in with the lower team playing. But I generally don’t really care. And yes the Folsom rule is terrible for the Open bids. There is no reason not to have a Open play in game.

The reality is California’s bowl games are so flawed and they are not a state playoff. Teams are still picked, not always earned on the field. It seems every other year since inception there is a bitch about selections. I’ve been a big proponent of blowing up the sections and starting over in complete new CIF model.  In fact blow up the CiF too and start fresh with that governing body. No sections. A north and a south split. That way you could actually have a true state playoff. A RockiIn / Serra type game could happen in a week 1 or 2 of the playoffs. I’d much rather see these 8 teams play a NorCal playoff than watch 2-3 shitty rounds of section playoffs.

Serra

Pitt

Folsom

Rocklin

De La Salle

St. Francis 

Liberty

Buchanon

And the south could do the same, which they generally already do.  If the NorCal team loses, there is still a likelihood they played in a much more overall competitive and exciting playoff to get there.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1