Some California news

Ararar

9 minutes ago, Cal 14 said:

Folsom wins 28-27.  Pretty impressive since some of the geniuses here say that the Bulldogs are soft and poorly coached.

First time DLS has lost to a SJS team since 1978.

Remember when  @Sammyswordsman said Folsom was the softest team in the SJS about 3 weeks ago? They looked every bit as physical as DLS to me tonight. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cal 14 said:

Folsom wins 28-27.  Pretty impressive since some of the geniuses here say that the Bulldogs are soft and poorly coached.

First time DLS has lost to a SJS team since 1978.

Glad to see you know this. I shouldn't be surprised at all, though. You're one of the more thoroughly researched individuals I've come across on these boards.

I've often had to correct media members on this point, including today when a local sportscaster said it was the first ever win by an SJS team.

They don't seem to understand and recognize that some schools/programs have bounced between sections over the decades.

Accuracy is becoming more and more a lost art these days....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

Remember when  @Sammyswordsman said Folsom was the softest team in the SJS about 3 weeks ago? They looked every bit as physical as DLS to me tonight. 

In fairness, they did look and play soft during the month of October. The past 3 weeks, not so much.

And good timing for them because their offense in no way has been as explosive as it has been in seasons past.

DLS was the more physical team early on, but that changed as the game wore on. You could even argue that Folsom was the more physical team late, as their running game finally started working.

It's been brought up and argued for years, but see how scheduling up can help? Don't believe for one moment that the matchups against the Spartans the past few years hasn't helped Folsom. They surely have.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, World Citizen said:

Coach A must have thought they couldn't stop them if it went to OT.  At home you usually play for OT.  

We had other plans last night, so I was following updates most of the game.  By the time of the decision I knew Folsom had stopped DLS drives a bunch of times, including 7 or 8 in a row at one point, but hadn't seen it with my own lyin eyes.

It's funny, when it came to the conversion  I had a flashback to Lakeland, but thought 'you gotta go for it,' and 'put it in Berry's hands,' anyway.  So I say good call that came up just short, and good on Folsom for a great stop and great win.

At some point I want to watch the full game.  DLS controlled the lines the first go round (although I commented at the time I thought they got away with a three man rush that wouldn't fly later).  It really seems like Folsom is the team that climbed the learning curve this year, not DLS, which is a little different. 

@Cossackskinda called that that might be the case earlier this season.  I didn't want to believe him, but that's what happens when you don't listen to a guy who carries a magic bag (For you youngin's, that's a Felix reference).

Rooting for Folsom next week -- Whodathunk it would end up being against another team DLS played this year while DLS watches...