Some California news

Ararar

Bosco's transfers are coming in quantity wise than quality wise, to off-set what they've lost. No game changers. 

On the overall transfer scene, there hasn't been a high profile transfer yet this season. Jonah Smith and Max Amasio are the closest to it. And in most years at this time, those two would be hard to crack the top 10. 

On 1/31/2024 at 6:30 PM, covercorner said:

Bosco's transfers are coming in quantity wise than quality wise, to off-set what they've lost. No game changers. 

On the overall transfer scene, there hasn't been a high profile transfer yet this season. Jonah Smith and Max Amasio are the closest to it. And in most years at this time, those two would be hard to crack the top 10. 

Isn't Bosco  already loaded  with stellar  JV and freshman team's  from last season ?

1 hour ago, CaliNorth said:

Isn't Bosco  already loaded  with stellar  JV and freshman team's  from last season ?

SJB is Playing Both Serra and PITT Next year….. Pretty cool to see 2 of Nor Cal’s best teams taking the plunge even though I doubt the games will be close…..

PITT should be pretty good this year, they have a terrific Running Back and good OLine…. 

2 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

This will be Bosco least talented senior class in sometime. Their freshman team look to have the most promising of all their classes. Unless more transfers come in, you'll see alot of sophomores, non-senior playing this year. Its a misconception, Bosco is loaded up. It's why your seeing teams who usually wouldn't step up and play Bosco, take them on. But they'll still be better than most teams, not named MD.. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, covercorner said:

This will be Bosco least talented senior class in sometime. Their freshman team look to have the most promising of all their classes. Unless more transfers come in, you'll see alot of sophomores, non-senior playing this year. Its a misconception, Bosco is loaded up. It's why your seeing teams who usually wouldn't step up and play Bosco, take them on. But they'll still be better than most teams, not named MD.. 

So you think MD is a clear favorite once again ?  I know last season was supposed to be a down year for Bosco,  but at one point they looked to be the best. I didn't see any of their jv or freshman games,  but I heard there is a lot there. So losing some guys to transfer doesn't mean as much if I am hearing your post correctly.  You think MD will be as good as they were this past season,  new QB and all ?

2 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

SJB is Playing Both Serra and PITT Next year….. Pretty cool to see 2 of Nor Cal’s best teams taking the plunge even though I doubt the games will be close…..

PITT should be pretty good this year, they have a terrific Running Back and good OLine…. 

I missed hearing that Pitt is playing SJB.  My question is why ?  Pitt is Pitt until they prove otherwise. I understand Serra.  You hear anything about DLS and if they are playing any big south game or oos ?

10 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

I missed hearing that Pitt is playing SJB.  My question is why ?  Pitt is Pitt until they prove otherwise. I understand Serra.  You hear anything about DLS and if they are playing any big south game or oos ?

SJB called PITT for the game and PITT said yes, I am pretty sure it was in the Mercury news, but PITT tweeted it out yesterday….

“We are hoping to play a Top TX Team in TX on ESPN” is what I heard directly from someone who would definitely know a month ago….

Someone on the Nor Cal board posted that DLS is not playing Folsom next year, but I have heard differently on that it is still a possibility…. The only games I have been told that are confirmed are Serra and ST Mary’s….

We just won’t know until they post their schedule, I saw a lot of DLS parents I know last weekend at our fall baseball game against them and a lot of rumors right now…. 🤣

• Thanks 1

On 2/2/2024 at 6:49 PM, CaliNorth said:

So you think MD is a clear favorite once again ?  I know last season was supposed to be a down year for Bosco,  but at one point they looked to be the best. I didn't see any of their jv or freshman games,  but I heard there is a lot there. So losing some guys to transfer doesn't mean as much if I am hearing your post correctly.  You think MD will be as good as they were this past season,  new QB and all ?

Bosco will be down from their usual self, and  It will be interesting to see where they are placed in the national scene. They may get the pass just because of their national prominence. On paper Bosco has alot to replace, more than last year - and MD has a few key spots they need to fill, But If MD gets a transfer QB, then yes, they will be the favorite. If not, it will be interesting to see if MD can win with sophomore QBs who haven't shown anything to be able to lead on a National/Trinity League level.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, covercorner said:

Bosco will be down from their usual self, and  It will be interesting to see where they are placed in the national scene. They may get the pass just because of their national prominence. On paper Bosco has alot to replace, more than last year - and MD has a few key spots they need to fill, But If MD gets a transfer QB, then yes, they will be the favorite. If not, it will be interesting to see if MD can win with sophomore QBs who haven't shown anything to be able to lead on a National/Trinity League level.  

The sophomore QBs haven’t had to show anything. They will be good, especially Inferrera. We need to plug a few holes on the O-line but there are several good ones able to step in. I am not sure who the backup to Davison is at this point and to me that is the biggest question going into the season. The defense will be crazy next year again but we won’t have the same depth at the D-line, unless some young bucks step up that I am not familiar with.

23 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

The sophomore QBs haven’t had to show anything. They will be good, especially Inferrera. We need to plug a few holes on the O-line but there are several good ones able to step in. I am not sure who the backup to Davison is at this point and to me that is the biggest question going into the season. The defense will be crazy next year again but we won’t have the same depth at the D-line, unless some young bucks step up that I am not familiar with.

Yeah, I’m no insider, so anything I say is pure speculation, but I’m wondering how much we really know in terms of the sophs’ actual abilities as I don’t think we’ve seen them at all with the first team offense.  With those tools around them, who knows, maybe they’re on par with EB.  If they aren’t, I’m sure Frank’s making sure his ringer is on at all times. 😉

• Like 1

On 2/4/2024 at 4:32 PM, Bodysurf said:

Neither of them lit it up on the freshmen level. Neither were consistent enough to wow anyone. They managed and did ok. There's alot on social media that smokescreens these are the next in line to be the MD top signal caller, and thats far from the reality. Will see how far they've come, come Spring. The bottomline, do you take that chance with highly skilled guys on offense and allow these QBs to learn on the fly. I know it worked out for Elijah Brown, but the difference with Elijah Brown, he got to play in shorten COVID season, that allowed for him to develop with out pressure. Plus, he was virtually unknown and beat out two other less skilled Varsity QBs in 3 short weeks before that Spring season. He didn't get a FR season to which he worked to his advantage, as no one got see him under the microscope MD QBs go thru. Next thing, he was 5-0 17 TDs and no Ints that season. The rest is history... 

Now MD is right back to that same spot - but no shorten season and challenging full schedule ahead.

11 hours ago, covercorner said:

Neither of them lit it up on the freshmen level. Neither were consistent enough to wow anyone. They managed and did ok. There's alot on social media that smokescreens these are the next in line to be the MD top signal caller, and thats far from the reality. Will see how far they've come, come Spring. The bottomline, do you take that chance with highly skilled guys on offense and allow these QBs to learn on the fly. I know it worked out for Elijah Brown, but the difference with Elijah Brown, he got to play in shorten COVID season, that allowed for him to develop with out pressure. Plus, he was virtually unknown and beat out two other less skilled Varsity QBs in 3 short weeks before that Spring season. He didn't get a FR season to which he worked to his advantage, as no one got see him under the microscope MD QBs go thru. Next thing, he was 5-0 17 TDs and no Ints that season. The rest is history... 

Now MD is right back to that same spot - but no shorten season and challenging full schedule ahead.

All good points for sure. I will be very surprised if we get a transfer QB. I'd rather go with the ones we have as I am not a fan of transfers. It's TBD whether the current freshman QBs live up to their hype. While you can't believe everything on social media, hopefully all the talent evaluators are not too wrong with Inferrera. No doubt he will take some lumps early, and against good competition too. At least he has great targets to throw to and having Davison to hand the ball to doesn't hurt. A big concern with the current QBs is the OC which I have not heard whether anything has been done about yet. The loss of Taylor Kelly last season had more of an impact on the on-field performance than the retirement of Rollo.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

All good points for sure. I will be very surprised if we get a transfer QB. I'd rather go with the ones we have as I am not a fan of transfers. It's TBD whether the current freshman QBs live up to their hype. While you can't believe everything on social media, hopefully all the talent evaluators are not too wrong with Inferrera. No doubt he will take some lumps early, and against good competition too. At least he has great targets to throw to and having Davison to hand the ball to doesn't hurt. A big concern with the current QBs is the OC which I have not heard whether anything has been done about yet. The loss of Taylor Kelly last season had more of an impact on the on-field performance than the retirement of Rollo.

Also all good points. 😉

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, SoCalFball said:

You might need to double check this one. As a coach from there said they aren't playing them anymore 

Yeah I was told that Bingham was trying to back out of their contract. I wasn’t sure that was confirmed. Chumps. It’s bullshit not honoring an agreement.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

lol I know. Wouldn’t surprise me to see Gorman back out again. 

Gorman will be tough. They will not back out.  They will have some good interior guys on both sides, and thats where the difference will be for them.. They could have the upper hand in the interior department than MD on paper And they have some young talented skills WR wise, the only question mark, will be the QB, The guy taking over will be junior Maika Eugenio who looks like a carbon copy of Alejado, who I thought was the same size as Alejado, but Eugenio is list at 6-0, but I don't think he's near that.  Eugenio is somewhat of unknown, but had some success on 7on7 circuit last year.. He doesn't have any hot recruiting buzz, but holds those verbal, non-committable offers (group of 5 schools) that usually all change by commitment/signing time.. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

They were tough last year and they backed out. They took the Nike offer to play Poly in Oregon and broke our contract in the process.

Trying to gaslight the community on this board will lead you to lose credibility. 

The truth is that in 2022 Gorman accommodated MD when MD had to rearrange their schedule. In 2023 the NIAA realignment messed up Gorman’s schedule. Gorman asked MD if they could move their schedule around and MD said no.