Some California news

Ararar

12 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

Doesn't OLU return a lot of starters next season ?  I still think for them that their schedule is way to ambitious, considering they will have to play MD and Bosco, and maybe once more in playoffs .  BG and SFA two heavies . Do you know anything about SC and who they have coming back ?

Sierra canyon has 2 of the best 2027 players in the state. I expect them to take a step back from this past season. OLu may win that game, but I agree that their schedule is just too much. Especially when there are the Chandler AZ’s, Liberty NV’s, etc of the world that would play them. Not sure what went in the decision to play SFA & Gorman. BG is on the road too. St Frances is actually their only preseason home game. 

• Thanks 1

OLu is biting off more than they can chew. They will be a good next season, in relative terms, but will be fortunate to be 5-5 with that schedule. OLu and Santa Margarita should battle for 3rd in the Trinity. 
It’s interesting what is happening at Bosco now with several top players leaving. They will probably do what they always do which is load up on transfers, but with their current roster they are not their typical juggernaut IMO.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

OLu is biting off more than they can chew. They will be a good next season, in relative terms, but will be fortunate to be 5-5 with that schedule. OLu and Santa Margarita should battle for 3rd in the Trinity. 
It’s interesting what is happening at Bosco now with several top players leaving. They will probably do what they always do which is load up on transfers, but with their current roster they are not their typical juggernaut IMO.

where would several top players go to from SJB . I mean, that is a school of destination ,  competing for championships like MD. If your a backup, with little playing time, I would get that . But top dawgs on a national elite program leaving !

8 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Sierra canyon has 2 of the best 2027 players in the state. I expect them to take a step back from this past season. OLu may win that game, but I agree that their schedule is just too much. Especially when there are the Chandler AZ’s, Liberty NV’s, etc of the world that would play them. Not sure what went in the decision to play SFA & Gorman. BG is on the road too. St Frances is actually their only preseason home game. 

If they weren't  a Trinity league team , I would understand the motivation better.  Kind of like Serra of SM scheduling SJB so they can get a taste of what is waiting them in the Open sbg . OLU has an excellent chance of being physically decimated by season's end, and with low morale and confidence . 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

where would several top players go to from SJB . I mean, that is a school of destination ,  competing for championships like MD. If your a backup, with little playing time, I would get that . But top dawgs on a national elite program leaving !

A couple went to Rancho Cucamonga and a top d-lineman went to Santa Margarita. These players were not backups.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

I noticed a tweet about that not long ago and just assumed it was for PT.  

Nope. In the case for MD, Jonah Smith was WR #3 and would have been starting. Crowder and Fifita were backups so in their case it was PT. Bey transferred to Bosco. He would been a backup at MD, not sure where he will stand at Bosco.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Nope. In the case for MD, Jonah Smith was WR #3 and would have been starting. Crowder and Fifita were backups so in their case it was PT. Bey transferred to Bosco. He would been a backup at MD, not sure where he will stand at Bosco.

Dash is still at Mater Dei. Be tough for him to see the field with Sanders and Campizta back but I do hope he sees it through. Good player just undersized for the Mike. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HurricaneNick said:

Dash is still at Mater Dei. Be tough for him to see the field with Sanders and Campizta back but I do hope he sees it through. Good player just undersized for the Mike. 

How big are linebackers in high school these days? I was 6'2" and 220 lbs. when I played Mike/Will linebacker my junior and senior years. Of course, that was back in the late 80s/early 90s. I know, I'm old!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Yeah, I’d rather be a starting WR3 and competing for Natties and getting MD coaching and exposure than WR1 on SM, but hey, more power to him.

1 hour ago, Omaha Vol said:

How big are linebackers in high school these days? I was 6'2" and 220 lbs. when I played Mike/Will linebacker my junior and senior years. Of course, that was back in the late 80s/early 90s. I know, I'm old!

MD’s Mike & Will are 6’2 215 & 6’2 205. Those are big for HS inside backers in my opinion. The outside guys have some more length.

1 minute ago, MD87 said:

Yeah, I’d rather be a starting WR3 and competing for Natties and getting MD coaching and exposure than WR1 on SM, but hey, more power to him.

Jonah’s a good kid and worked his tail off at MD. I wish him all the success. I echo what you say, but also leaving 2 quarterbacks that are better than the starter at SM is what was most interesting about the move to me.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

MD’s Mike & Will are 6’2 215 & 6’2 205. Those are big for HS inside backers in my opinion. The outside guys have some more length.

I guess they have to be more athletic these days with the more complex passing games now. When I played it was run for 3 to 4 yards with a cloud of dust. lol 

13 hours ago, MD87 said:

Jonah Smith will be WR 2 at Santa Margarita behind Trent Moseley who is a stud.  MD will need.some other receivers next season to step up behind Harris and KDW. If I were the OC I would heavily utilize Mark Bowman. MD has never featured the tight end but this kid will be a problem for defenses.

14 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Jonah Smith will be WR 2 at Santa Margarita behind Trent Moseley who is a stud.  MD will need.some other receivers next season to step up behind Harris and KDW. If I were the OC I would heavily utilize Mark Bowman. MD has never featured the tight end but this kid will be a problem for defenses.

That’s true.  Mistakenly thought Moseley had graduated.  With Bowman, kinda like ‘18 when Martinez was targeted a lot in what was also a relatively light WR room; Bru being the only big time WR as Kody didn’t break out til ‘19 and Huffman-Dixon had to sit the first six games and then didn’t do much after that anyway. Cam Gardner was always clutch, but yeah, could definitely see Bowman stepping up like Mike did that year.  Or we get a stud coming in….

• Like 1

1 hour ago, badrouter said:

RC and SM are quite the hike from Bosco. Kids are just moving all over the place now!

Chances are that Rancho is much closer to his home than Bosco, although I have no idea. What I do know is that many of the MD and Bosco kids come from the Inland Empire.

22 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

What I do know is that many of the MD and Bosco kids come from the Inland Empire.

There were at one time two brothers and their cousin all going to Bosco from Perris.  There's no kinda shortcut from that area.  They got a fleet of vans that I don't think even MD can rival.

3 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Not one crying/whining post on here over bosco already reloading. Mater Dei could get a girls volleyball transfer and they will complain on here about how MD doesn’t play by the rules. Too funny. 

When your top dog, scrutiny never ends . Look at Barry Bonds . in the media, you would think he was the only one who ever took peds 

On 1/29/2024 at 7:22 PM, On2whls said:

There were at one time two brothers and their cousin all going to Bosco from Perris.  There's no kinda shortcut from that area.  They got a fleet of vans that I don't think even MD can rival.

Oh they both got there vans and they going to the same locations because I've seen both 😂

• Haha 1