Some California news

Ararar

1 hour ago, Antt said:

I don't understand if this is true same with jonah smith 

Your playing elite level of football to go to a lower level 

If he is going to Rancho Cucamonga, he must live there which means it’s like a 45 mile commute each way to Mater Dei…. Who the heck want to drive that everyday in so cal traffic?….

Especially if you are an elite player that doesn’t need to go to MD to get offers…. I can see this happening in the future more and more with the IE kids that go to SJB and MD…. It’s a brutal commute and they don’t need to play at those schools anymore to get exposure….

23 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

If he is going to Rancho Cucamonga, he must live there which means it’s like a 45 mile commute each way to Mater Dei…. Who the heck want to drive that everyday in so cal traffic?….

Especially if you are an elite player that doesn’t need to go to MD to get offers…. I can see this happening in the future more and more with the IE kids that go to SJB and MD…. It’s a brutal commute and they don’t need to play at those schools anymore to get exposure….

For a few high-level kids, definitely.  For most of these elite kids, though, part of why they're elite is that they've got that dawg in em that's only satisfied when they're competing at the highest level possible.  

• Like 1

MD now has two 5-star and a 4-star receiver. It is no doubt the best 1-3 receiving corp in the country. And I think the 4-star KDW will become a 5-star because he is that gifted. Add to this a very special current freshman TE that is going to be a problem for defenses.

It will be interesting to see who throws the ball to all these studs.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

That apparently is an old rumor from a month ago. This is when Rancho got a slew of other transfers. I was told there is no validity to this and it ain’t happening.

That OC Board is terrible. Its nothing but third hand, he said she said info, or reposts from Twitter. I get that its a discussion board, but It would nice to KNOW more than 3rd hand info.. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/16/2024 at 10:11 AM, Bodysurf said:

MD now has two 5-star and a 4-star receiver. It is no doubt the best 1-3 receiving corp in the country. And I think the 4-star KDW will become a 5-star because he is that gifted. Add to this a very special current freshman TE that is going to be a problem for defenses.

It will be interesting to see who throws the ball to all these studs.

Juju (hoping don’t know)

11 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

Juju (hoping don’t know)

Unlikely. That rumor has been floating around for months. I would think if there was any truth it would have happened already. Also, at this point I would say his commitment to USC is as solid as a straw house.

15 hours ago, SoCalFball said:

Barring some unforeseen circumstance where someone backs out this will be Cen10 schedule next season 

Week 0 @ MD  

Week 1 vs. Santa Margarita 

Week 2 vs. St Joseph Prep (PA)

Week 3 vs Sacramento Grant 

Week 4 @ Liberty (AZ)

Luv the Game vs Grant!…. Nice to see Nor cal teams not named DLS really stepping up their game!!….

Serra vs SJB

PITT vs SJB

Grant vs Cen10

Folsom vs LBP

• Like 1

1 hour ago, THEOC89 said:

Luv the Game vs Grant!…. Nice to see Nor cal teams not named DLS really stepping up their game!!….

Serra vs SJB

PITT vs SJB

Grant vs Cen10

Folsom vs LBP

I’m not sure how the teams will be next season, but Folsom/Poly jumps out to me as the most compelling of these. The 2 SJB games are likely to be blowouts. Grant/Cen10 may be interesting depending on who Grant returns.

1 hour ago, Bodysurf said:

I’m not sure how the teams will be next season, but Folsom/Poly jumps out to me as the most compelling of these. The 2 SJB games are likely to be blowouts. Grant/Cen10 may be interesting depending on who Grant returns.

Agreed on Folsom/Poly, with advantage Folsom, imo.  If Grant can’t beat La Serna - regardless of the fact that QB1 didn’t play most of the game - Cen10 will absolutely boatrace them in Corona.  The Pacers will have no idea what hit them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

I agree, Folsom vs Poly will be a good game, Folsom will be the Favorite in Nor Cal next year for the open as Serra has lost a lot….

The others look like fun matchups but don’t think any will be close….

Folsom would be a better matchup vs Cen10 or SJB but Folsom avoids the So Cal Big 3 like the plague…. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/22/2024 at 8:41 PM, SoCalFball said:

Barring some unforeseen circumstance where someone backs out this will be Cen10 schedule next season 

Week 0 @ MD  

Week 1 vs. Santa Margarita 

Week 2 vs. St Joseph Prep (PA)

Week 3 vs Sacramento Grant 

Week 4 @ Liberty (AZ)

And just like that SJP backed out lol

• Haha 2

Prep Baseball Report has Corona, California #1 Nationally.

Corona is highly ranked in all all the polls that I've seen.....and there are a lot of High School baseball polls.

Any of you CA dudes that are into baseball or have any team/player information check out the baseball thread.

Screenshot_20240226-152526-384.png

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RedZone said:

Prep Baseball Report has Corona, California #1 Nationally.

Corona is highly ranked in all all the polls that I've seen.....and there are a lot of High School baseball polls.

Any of you CA dudes that are into baseball or have any team/player information check out the baseball thread.

Screenshot_20240226-152526-384.png

Was down in So Cal for the JSERRA MLK high School Baseball Showcase in January and was told that Harvard Westlake has a TCU Commit who throws 95 and a Wake Forest Commit who was clocked at 99mph…. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

Was down in So Cal for the JSERRA MLK high School Baseball Showcase in January and was told that Harvard Westlake has a TCU Commit who throws 95 and a Wake Forest Commit who was clocked at 99mph…. 

I don't know about that 99 MPH, that's like a 4.30 40 yard dash in high school football. Possible, but not likely.

Anyways, they definitely have some legit arms though.

I'll be talking more about California high school baseball in the up-coming weeks leading up to the tournament in Cary, North Carolina in the baseball thread.

California has owned that event. 

As a whole California has great baseball. 

5 minutes ago, RedZone said:

I don't know about that 99 MPH, that's like a 4.30 40 yard dash in high school football. Possible, but not likely.

Anyways, they definitely have some legit arms though.

I'll be talking more about California high school baseball in the up-coming weeks leading up to the tournament in Cary, North Carolina in the baseball thread.

California has owned that event. 

As a whole California has great baseball. 

California might actually be a better baseball State than football State if you look at the very large picture.