Some California news

Ararar

44 minutes ago, The Poop Monster said:

Beating centennial is no accomplishment. It’s literally a matter of choosing before the game how many points you want to put up on them. 

Mater dei choose 28 lmao 🤣 😂 

To win by 2 TDS 

1 hour ago, The Poop Monster said:

Beating centennial is no accomplishment. It’s literally a matter of choosing before the game how many points you want to put up on them. 

And BG “chose” to score more points than MD. You said something stupid, I countered with relevant facts, and then you said something stupid again. Are you and RedZone related?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Norcalnut said:

And BG “chose” to score more points than MD.

BG “chose” to give up twice as many points to cen10 points at home. See how dumb that sounds 🤣

Poop did say Lara did a whole bunch of nothing at Poly and ran the program into the ground. An interesting take for sure but not as terrible as redzones. Lara won 142 games and 5 championships in 12 years at Poly. He’s also 1-0 against coach Negro and Bosco beating their first super team in 2012 I believe. He’ll have the resources and support at MD. Time will tell.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

BG “chose” to give up twice as many points to cen10 points at home. See how dumb that sounds 🤣

Poop did say Lara did a whole bunch of nothing at Poly and ran the program into the ground. An interesting take for sure but not as terrible as redzones. Lara won 142 games and 5 championships in 12 years at Poly. He’s also 1-0 against coach Negro and Bosco beating their first super team in 2012 I believe. He’ll have the resources and support at MD. Time will tell.

I don’t see this at all as a bad hire by MD…. I think the players will stay and keep coming to MD….

Especially if he hires a Good OC that runs an innovative offense…. If he lights up the scoreboard MD will not miss a beat…. If he tries to win like he did at Poly MD might take a step back…

Troy Thomas’s Servite teams had success against Lara’s Poly teams, because they were super tough and could hang with them physically and Poly lacked Discipline….

I am rooting for Lara and Hope it works out…. He is a great mentor for young men and he really cares…. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Norcalnut said:

And BG “chose” to score more points than MD. You said something stupid, I countered with relevant facts, and then you said something stupid again. Are you and RedZone related?

ok so why didn’t BG choose to score more points than mater dei when they actually play each other? exactly that’s what I thought. now sit down and go play at the kiddie table where you guys belong. 

25 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

easy to win fake championships when you lobby to get out in the junior division. now tell me what that guy did when he had to play against real teams. that’s why I said he did a whole bunch of nothing. which is also proven by the whole bunch of nothing he’s done since poly gave him the boot. 

35 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

He’s also 1-0 against coach Negro and Bosco beating their first super team in 2012 I believe.

Yes, it was 2012 though the fog determined the outcome of that game more than the coaches.

Someone go dig up the Excuse Thread from 12 years ago.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

That’s why I put it in parentheses to show how stupid Poops assessment was and is about MD and BG. I think Lara is a good hire for any high school, he’s a players coach and I’ve only heard good things about him. But, your right, only time will tell.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

Yes, it was 2012 though the fog determined the outcome of that game more than the coaches.

Someone go dig up the Excuse Thread from 12 years ago.

That’s right! Terrible fog. I actually remember rooting for you guys because I couldn’t stand Poly and Lara. What in the world has happened. 🤣

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

I don’t see this at all as a bad hire by MD…. I think the players will stay and keep coming to MD….

Especially if he hires a Good OC that runs an innovative offense…. If he lights up the scoreboard MD will not miss a beat…. If he tries to win like he did at Poly MD might take a step back…

Troy Thomas’s Servite teams had success against Lara’s Poly teams, because they were super tough and could hang with them physically and Poly lacked Discipline….

I am rooting for Lara and Hope it works out…. He is a great mentor for young men and he really cares…. 

I think it *can* be a great hire. We will see. I hope he lets his coaches coach and he handles those 3-4 big decisions in game like Rollo did. He doesn’t need to change much, but we all want the discipline to return and the traditions to be kept. I’ll never forgive him for letting his players pop our balloons at angel stadium after the title game. Saw him in Mater Dei gear and couldn’t believe my eyes. 🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

I think it *can* be a great hire. We will see. I hope he lets his coaches coach and he handles those 3-4 big decisions in game like Rollo did. He doesn’t need to change much, but we all want the discipline to return and the traditions to be kept. I’ll never forgive him for letting his players pop our balloons at angel stadium after the title game. Saw him in Mater Dei gear and couldn’t believe my eyes. 🤣

That’s what’s so Crazy…. Lara has to be the Second worst thing to hiring TT for the job in the eyes of your great Rivalries with LBP and Servite!…. 🤣

3 hours ago, The Poop Monster said:

ok so why didn’t BG choose to score more points than mater dei when they actually play each other? exactly that’s what I thought. now sit down and go play at the kiddie table where you guys belong. 

We have said it time and time again We are 0-3 

We lost in every way to MD 

But last game was a classic MD was just better is what it is 

It's just high school football RELAX We have families that's more important than this lol 😆 😂 🤣 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Please get a new DC 

For the love of God SMH 

I'll take a 3-3-5 defense this year 

6 hours ago, Antt said:

Please get a new DC 

For the love of God SMH 

I'll take a 3-3-5 defense this year 

Props for realizing the significance of Eric Johnson. It can’t be overstated what he has meant to our program the past 30+ years. The man has earned his retirement. Hopefully he returns next season but I’m not sure whether Lara has solidified his staff. There will never be another DC like EJ. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Antt said:

We have said it time and time again We are 0-3 

We lost in every way to MD 

But last game was a classic MD was just better is what it is 

It's just high school football RELAX We have families that's more important than this lol 😆 😂 🤣 

was better, is better, will always be better. exactly. so keep mater dei's name out of your mouth until you beat a real team.

13 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

and you think that this guy will bring discipline? the guy who is infamous for running the most classless program in california? the only "discipline" he will bring to mater dei is in the form of the santa ana police investigating felonies.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Norcalnut said:

That’s why I put it in parentheses to show how stupid Poops assessment was and is about MD and BG. I think Lara is a good hire for any high school, he’s a players coach and I’ve only heard good things about him. But, your right, only time will tell.

if what you said was remotely true then this guy wouldn't be bouncing around from job to job every few years. there's a reason he can't stick anywhere.

6 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Props for realizing the significance of Eric Johnson. It can’t be overstated what he has meant to our program the past 30+ years. The man has earned his retirement. Hopefully he returns next season but I’m not sure whether Lara has solidified his staff. There will never be another DC like EJ. 

Lara has a close buddy who calls a pretty good defensive game… Troy something or other. 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, GoBigBlack said:

Lara has a close buddy who calls a pretty good defensive game… Troy something or other. 

it's not about calling a game it's about putting in an actual scheme and gameplan every week. if his buddy is so good then where has he been the past decade when this guy was bouncing around from school to school doing a whole bunch of nothing?

On 4/22/2024 at 1:58 PM, dntn31 said:

embarrassment of a schedule. two nor cal beatdowns accomplish what exactly? how about bosco step up for once and grow enough balls to play someone good. maybe if they tried doing that they could at least halfway compete with mater dei when it counts.

11 minutes ago, The Poop Monster said:

embarrassment of a schedule. two nor cal beatdowns accomplish what exactly? how about bosco step up for once and grow enough balls to play someone good. maybe if they tried doing that they could at least halfway compete with mater dei when it counts.

Hey Block, why you starting trouble over here now? NorCal board finally ban you for life. You trying to take Redbones thunder?

• Haha 2