Some California news

Ararar

23 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

Bennett and all the Folsom Skill players are really good. Wish the NorCal guys would play more 7on or do more camps. Is there a reason for that? Why didn't Joe Ngata go to the Opening? 

Neither of the Ngata brothers have done any camps. My guess is because they didn't need to. Joe had offers from Clemson, Alabama and Auburn as a junior and Danyiel had offers from Bama and Michigan as a sophmore. 

Elijah Badger is their only top skill player who did camps from what I can tell. IMO he's every bit as good as Joe. 

14 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

Neither of the Ngata brothers have done any camps. My guess is because they didn't need to. Joe had offers from Clemson, Alabama and Auburn as a junior and Danyiel had offers from Bama and Michigan as a sophmore. 

Elijah Badger is their only top skill player who did camps from what I can tell. IMO he's every bit as good as Joe. 

i get not needing them, none of the kids that go to the Opening need more offers they are all high 4/5* kids. Just seems like neither DLS or Folsom send theirs top kids to the Nike Camps. Im sure they would do really well at them.

On 12/10/2018 at 3:48 PM, TheHotisBlock said:

BS argument. Grant was hobbled, but all of they're players played in that game. They were absolutely destroyed.

Folsom's best player went on to QB at Cal Poly. That Grant team had legit D1 guys and an NFL star on the team.

Start trying to minimize everything Folsom to support your agenda. Give credit where credit is due. 

After this week, Folsom will two wins over top 10 CA teams, and 2 others over top 30 teams, ALL ON THE ROAD. That's actually better top to bottom than DLSs wins, considering DO beat 2 of DLSs better wins.

Its actually really simple Block, I was answering a question regarding Folsom's best wins and the Grant win was good, but not the same level as the Serra win. If Folsom beat the same Grant team they lost to than yes, I would agree that win was one of their best. But that Grant team was not the same despite having the same players. Practically half their team was the walking wounded when they faced off the second time. The star players that did suit up, such as Shaq, were not even close to full strength and to try and say it was the same Grant team from the beggining of the year is foolish.

As you mentioned regarding agendas, which by the way is only you, I understand that acknowledging all the injuries hampered Grant and would not help YOUR AGENDA. So I get it, but nobody buys into your agenda. 

And for the record, I'm probably one of the most unbiased posters on this board and have no agenda beyond my support for NorCal football. Im not a Folsom homer, so I can evaluate them with a neutral perspective unlike you and with this particular post, it's not hard to identify the fact that Grant team wasn't at full strength. 

Now if you were to ask me who I think would have won if Grant had no injuries, than I would say I still think Folsom would have won, but they didnt beat a full strength Grant and for that reason alone, I can't consider that win as 1 of their best.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, nascar624 said:

Now if you were to ask me who I think would have won if Grant had no injuries, than I would say I still think Folsom would have won

Agreed since they were throttled with what they had. Grant's best players played. There is a difference between injured and hurt.

The better team won. The rest is history. As the DLS posters will politely tell you- "no excuses."

1 hour ago, nascar624 said:

Its actually really simple Block, I was answering a question regarding Folsom's best wins and the Grant win was good, but not the same level as the Serra win. If Folsom beat the same Grant team they lost to than yes, I would agree that win was one of their best. But that Grant team was not the same despite having the same players. Practically half their team was the walking wounded when they faced off the second time. The star players that did suit up, such as Shaq, were not even close to full strength and to try and say it was the same Grant team from the beggining of the year is foolish.

As you mentioned regarding agendas, which by the way is only you, I understand that acknowledging all the injuries hampered Grant and would not help YOUR AGENDA. So I get it, but nobody buys into your agenda. 

And for the record, I'm probably one of the most unbiased posters on this board and have no agenda beyond my support for NorCal football. Im not a Folsom homer, so I can evaluate them with a neutral perspective unlike you and with this particular post, it's not hard to identify the fact that Grant team wasn't at full strength. 

Now if you were to ask me who I think would have won if Grant had no injuries, than I would say I still think Folsom would have won, but they didnt beat a full strength Grant and for that reason alone, I can't consider that win as 1 of their best.

1 hour ago, TheHotisBlock said:

Agreed since they were throttled with what they had. Grant's best players played. There is a difference between injured and hurt.

The better team won. The rest is history. As the DLS posters will politely tell you- "no excuses."

Cherry pick much?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, TheHotisBlock said:

They did? Show me the box score and we can compare!

MD held DLS to 3 yds rushing, did give up 254 yds passing for 257 total offense -  Folsom gave up 122 rushing and 102 passing for 222 total yards... so Folsom did have 33 less yards.. pretty close.

Hale was 7-11 against Folsom,  and 10-19 nearly 50% against MD, and 83 of it came on one play.  DLS never consistently drove the ball. Minus the 83 yards DLS has 174 total yards .. That tells more of the story on MD defense limiting DLS, than the 21 points.. 

• Like 1

What top level jobs are open?

Legendary Long Beach Poly football coach Raul Lara confirmed Wednesday evening that he is stepping down from Warren, where he’s had a successful five-year tenure.

Lara is known locally for winning five CIF Southern Section championships with the Jackrabbits, more than any other coach in history. A Poly alum, Lara resigned the Poly job following the 2013 season, and began coaching Warren in 2014. The Bears had gone 1-29 in the three seasons before Lara’s arrival, but he led an immediate turnaround.

Warren went 5-5 in Lara’s first year then 24-18-1 with multiple playoff wins.
Lara said he’s still exploring his next step.

• Like 2

The reigning defending undisputed back to back National champions of the high school football woooooooorld (please read this in Bruce Buffers voice), The Mater Dei Monarchs are currently putting together their 2019 schedule and are looking for an Out Of State road game for next year...B5E34B41-1227-40C4-8599-CC3B4AD399E5.gif.97248152082367b67449a17f3f83a561.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ararar said:

What top level jobs are open?

Legendary Long Beach Poly football coach Raul Lara confirmed Wednesday evening that he is stepping down from Warren, where he’s had a successful five-year tenure.

Lara is known locally for winning five CIF Southern Section championships with the Jackrabbits, more than any other coach in history. A Poly alum, Lara resigned the Poly job following the 2013 season, and began coaching Warren in 2014. The Bears had gone 1-29 in the three seasons before Lara’s arrival, but he led an immediate turnaround.

Warren went 5-5 in Lara’s first year then 24-18-1 with multiple playoff wins.
Lara said he’s still exploring his next step.

Think he goes back to Poly?

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

Think he goes back to Poly?

He took a lot of Crap at Ploy, no matter what he did it seemed that he could never escape the shadow of the prior coach. (I am Blanking on his name).... Even with the Titles, he was always accused of not getting enough out of his talent, even though he had some great Teams...

What Doomed him was those SBG Losses to Grant and especially the one to Granite Bay... Poly Fans already wouldn't forgive him for losing twice to DLS, they were done with him after the GB game...

I would RUN AWAY from Poly if I were him, he doesn't need them... He showed he is a Great coach Building that Warren program up and with what he did at Poly... He will do well wherever he lands!

Besides, the Rise of SJB has rendered Poly Irrelevant at this point... The Best Players who would go to Poly because of the open enrollment, now all go to Bosco on Scholarship (Allegedly)... Which I have no problem with, Negro has done a great Job!

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Besides, the Rise of SJB has rendered Poly Irrelevant at this point... The Best Players who would go to Poly because of the open enrollment, now all go to Bosco on Scholarship (Allegedly)... Which I have no problem with, Negro has done a great Job!

another problem Poly has is LBUSD. the Football program can no longer use open enrollment to pull in kids for outside and inside the LB area. LBUSD wouldn't even let local kids go streight to Poly anymore and asking many to go to another High School freshmen year, sit out and then transfer to Poly as Sophomores. Making those kids easy pickings for Negro. LBUSD are trying to make that school truly a Polytechnic school and not just know for sports...

it's really sad

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

another problem Poly has is LBUSD. the Football program can no longer use open enrollment to pull in kids for outside and inside the LB area. LBUSD wouldn't even let local kids go streight to Poly anymore and asking many to go to another High School freshmen year, sit out and then transfer to Poly as Sophomores. Making those kids easy pickings for Negro. LBUSD are trying to make that school truly a Polytechnic school and not just know for sports...

it's really sad

Wow! That's Crazy!... I had no idea about the open enrollment issue... I always wondered why they declined so fast... I Thought it was Mainly because of Negro and all his connections in Youth FB down there... This makes alot of sense!

Negro is a Smart Dude and took full advantage of this!...

1 hour ago, Eddyr2 said:

it's really sad

They destroyed Poly.  How many kids did football keep off the streets?  So dumb.