Toughest 2018 schedule in the country?

DB4

I'm new to the board and this was a topic that I had thought of looking at various schedules as they get finalized.

So far, I think that St. John's in DC has the toughest schedule. Hoover, Central, IMG, Marietta, Christian Brothers, and then their league play. Idk if they're a national championship contender but if they somehow go undefeated, they have to be considered for it right?

7 minutes ago, DB4 said:

I'm new to the board and this was a topic that I had thought of looking at various schedules as they get finalized.

So far, I think that St. John's in DC has the toughest schedule. Hoover, Central, IMG, Marietta, Christian Brothers, and then their league play. Idk if they're a national championship contender but if they somehow go undefeated, they have to be considered for it right?

If they go undefeated yes they are certainly in the discussion of NC. They are going to have to beat IMG to do that. Welcome to the board

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

IMG and SJC is very good.  But something something valley? I thought that was a Cali thing.  No clue who they are.

Pinson Valley is real good. Not sure how good they'll be this season; they're traditionally a solid program that had a great run last year.

1 hour ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:
Rome
Wolves - Red & Vegas Gold
8/16 At Marietta (BA)
8/31 North Clayton
9/07 At Kell
9/14 Carrollton
9/21 Cass
9/28 At Woodland, Cartersville
10/05 East Paulding
10/12 At Paulding County
10/19 At Hiram
10/26 Villa Rica

Nobody OOS

Rome's schedule makes me angry... 

North Freaking Clayton...

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Obviously the timing was 2 years ago to play Marietta caliber competition. Then last season make a statement. 

Coaches may not have believed in themselves   

I don’t know. Clearly. 

You ever notice how it seems like schools in georgia only have a two year window to win championships/make it to the championship (colquitt, cartersville, rome, roswell)? Looking at rome's schedule, maybe the coach knows that this is gonna be a down year for them, so that's probably why he didn't schedule aggressively. Feel me? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Rome? Who do they play OOS? 

Hes not saying Romes schedule is tough...

He named all the out of region opponents for Marietta... Marietta probably has the toughest schedule in GA... No shame in adding their Region schedule also... McEachern, Hillgrove, and maybe even North Paulding & North Cobb will be solid games. 

Mariettas schedule:

(Out-of-Region schedule)

@ Rome (8/16 ; CKKC)

Good Counsel MD (8/24)

Collins Hill (8/31)

Grayson (9/7)

@ St. John's DC (9/22)

(Region Schedule)

North Paulding (10/05)

@ McEachern (10/12)

North Cobb (10/19)

@ Hillgrove (10/26)

Kennesaw Mountain (11/2)

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

They beat SJB. That means you’re not on the decline. 

2017 SJB was not that good while Re al Mitchell was at QB. If Mitchell would have stayed on as the starter the Braves could have lost a couple more games (St John’s and Santa Margarita). I still wonder why Re al never contributed to the team after getting pulled vs SJ. The Braves could have used him as a Running back. 

Plus STA lost three games last year and have lost 15 games since 2011. That did not happen when George Smith was the HC. 

3 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

2017 SJB was not that good while Re al Mitchell was at QB. If Mitchell would have stayed on as the starter the Braves could have lost a couple more games (St John’s and Santa Margarita). I still wonder why Re al never contributed to the team after getting pulled vs SJ. The Braves could have used him as a Running back. 

Plus STA lost three games last year and have lost 15 games since 2011. That did not happen when George Smith was the HC. 

They could have played him somewhere kind like we did with DTR have to get that guy on the field and I think Bosco will give MD problems next year