East backs out of DLS game ??

Ararar

Just now, Belly Bob said:

This would terrible news for me.

My wife and I have planned a trip to SLC where the highlight for me would be the DLS game. 

Is there any explanation of why they would back out? That's just odd. 

The poster said he didn’t know why

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

East didn't back out. There were unexpected financial implications beyond either team's control that caused the game to fall through.

Maybe it's presumptuous to ask, but can you do better than this?

"Unexpected financial implications beyond either team's control" sounds mysterious to me.

I was thinking that perhaps someone didn't get the budget he was expecting to get, but I'm not sure that that would be a financial implication of anything. And at any rate, it would be nice know why the money didn't show up when people thought it would.

1 minute ago, Belly Bob said:

Maybe it's presumptuous to ask, but can you do better than this?

"Unexpected financial implications beyond either team's control" sounds mysterious to me.

I was thinking that perhaps someone didn't get the budget he was expecting to get, but I'm not sure that that would be a financial implication of anything. And at any rate, it would be nice know why the money didn't show up when people thought it would.

I really don't know much more. My understanding is that changes in costs made it unfeasible. 

4 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

I really don't know much more. My understanding is that changes in costs made it unfeasible. 

I'm not pressing you but just thinking out loud in case someone else might know, but why would the costs change to such an extent that either team couldn't cover them? 

I don't know how this stuff works, but I would have thought that one could reliably predict the cost of such an event, especially given the fact that neither team involved is a stranger to these sorts of events.

2 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Kinda sounds like how MD got scared of BCs talent this year that’s why MD backed out of this years game 

@Eddyr2 ohhhhhhhhhh

😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

(that is 48 “😆” emojies)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PrepGridiron said:

East didn't back out. There were unexpected financial implications beyond either team's control that caused the game to fall through.

What?  Wait, no way.  I thought these power teams never had any problems going anywhere they wanted anytime they wanted.  Money is not an excuse.  At least that's what I heard when Grayson declined to go to Dallas due to money concerns.

7 minutes ago, Fred said:

What?  Wait, no way.  I thought these power teams never had any problems going anywhere they wanted anytime they wanted.  Money is not an excuse.  At least that's what I heard when Grayson declined to go to Dallas due to money concerns.

Honestly, I don't remember the Grayson/Dallas thing. 

2 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

Honestly, I don't remember the Grayson/Dallas thing. 

We caught all kinds of grief because we couldn't come up with the funds in 2 weeks and Valdosta went instead.  We had to commit withing a couple of days and had to pass without guaranteed funding.

8 hours ago, Fred said:

There was no money concerns. Quit lying. Grayson doesn't have a culture of "family" and "team" when they literally rent studs from other schools just for football season and then send them back to the original schools. 

The hypocrisy about leaving back up punters and 3rd string long snappers behind because they were apart of the "team" is laughable. 

Where were you and the people in charge to console all the players in the Grayson program who worked their tail off only to see their starting spot stolen by some rent-a-transfer??? 

Just say Grayson shit the bed and incompetent leaders bumbled a historic opportunity for 80 plus members of the Grayson program and we won't have to call out your hypocrisy all the time