All time tournament

Columbiafan

On 4/8/2018 at 10:39 PM, BigDrop said:

1980 Moeller (Faust’s last year before going to Notre Dame). Second best high school team I’ve ever seen.  ‘76 was suppose to be better.

1997 Hampton (Ronald Curry’s jr year)(best high school team I’ve ever seen).

1998 Central Bucks West (serious argument for best PA team ever).

Early ‘90’s St. Ignatius

I saw Valdosta beat Clarke Central in late ‘80’s but unsure which year.

Southlake Carroll with Todd Dodge was seriously good as was a Manatee team in the late ‘90’s/early 2000.

I saw all of the teams above in person.

It seems the consensus among Moeller fans is that '76 Moeller was the best Moeller team, followed closely by either '77 or '82.

21 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

It seems the consensus among Moeller fans is that '76 Moeller was the best Moeller team, followed closely by either '77 or '82.

If we have some members that were watching Moeller all the way back in 76 we have some old timers on here. LOL.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Pops said:

Are you guys just saying TX > IL or do you know either/ bothnof these teams

i remember these East St Louis teams and the 1985 team won MNC at USAT after finishing 4th and 2nd the prior 2 years

If you know something about either or both of the teams please share because these teams were before my time so I'm interested in finding out as much as possible

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

If you know something about either or both of the teams please share because these teams were before my time so I'm interested in finding out as much as possible

All I know is that they’re both 1985 teams and the poll of record had ESL #1

Yates was #2 and it’s USAT so not the Bible, but ESL was just being dismissed — they were a top program in mid 80s

8 hours ago, Pops said:

All I know is that they’re both 1985 teams and the poll of record had ESL #1

Yates was #2 and it’s USAT so not the Bible, but ESL was just being dismissed — they were a top program in mid 80s

1985 Yates...first team in UIL history to go 16-0, beat defending champion  (and I believe undefeated) Permian 37-0. Five seniors made it to NFL, at least one junior  (Santana Dotson) also made it as a pro, outscored opposition 659-77 that year.

1985 East St. Louis went 14-0, winning Illinois 6A crown 46-0 over Chicago Brother Rice, outscored playoff opponents 194-19, part of 44-game winning streak. May have produced the best player between them and Yates (three-time Pro Bowler Bryan Cox) but seems to be the only guy that made it that far.

Comparatively speaking ESL's national title seems to be a result of their long winning streak as it is a direct reflection of the product they had in 1985. Great team for sure, to me though you have to give the nod to the team from the more traditional football power state.

• Like 4

On 4/23/2018 at 12:34 PM, Coletrain06 said:

The Moeller Gridiron Guide listed 26 players with football scholarships and, I believe, 18-20 more for each of ‘77 and ‘78.  This means that ‘76 Moeller had more than 60 players on the roster who went to college on a football scholarship.  More than half of these were what I would call major division 1 schools.

29 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

1988 Warner Robbins (GA) vs 1987 Fontana (CA)

23 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

No hurry.

I'll go ahead and pick '88 WR. 

I don’t know ‘87 Fontana but they are discussed as one of CA’s top 2 or 3 teams of 80s by guys that have insight 

there’s not a GA team in the 90s, 00s, or 10s that would be favored against a top 3 CA team in same decade so one vote for Fontana 

18 minutes ago, Pops said:

I don’t know ‘87 Fontana but they are discussed as one of CA’s top 2 or 3 teams of 80s by guys that have insight 

there’s not a GA team in the 90s, 00s, or 10s that would be favored against a top 3 CA team in same decade so one vote for Fontana 

Here we go.... 

Thank goodness he said 80s

4 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Here we go.... 

Thank goodness he said 80s

Maybe Warner Robbins was best team in country in 80s but am I wrong on 90s, 00s, or 10s?

’87 Fontana gets cited frequently with reverence in a much bigger pond 

simple logic not foolproof