OOS travel $ excuses

Sammyswordsman

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

I have debunked the myth of travel countless of times. 

ECHS used to cry all the time that publics don't travel. Then I showed him countless Florida publics including 4 FL publics going to Vegas to play Gorman. He then said Florida is the exception. 

Then I showed countless of publics from all over the country who travel every year. 

Hell a bunch of Colorado publics raise $50,000 or more to travel to FL or CA every year. 

The bottom line is if you WANT to travel you will. The thing about Georgia is the coaches make so much money that they can't take the risk of traveling to play a top team and losing. There job is to get as many home games as possible and win, win, win. 

Buford refused to play any top team because the coach said the boosters don't want to have an event and lose. He turned down countless of teams and settled with Deer Jerkey. A lot of teams in GA have that same mindset. They need to justify the big bucks given to the coach. 

GA publics won't travel because it interrupts their business model of easy wins and home games galore.  

Naaaaahhhhh..... you’re FOS as usual, as if you’re in the room when that discussion is taking place. 

Buford plays it close to the vest and there’s no way in hell, you’re in on it. 

5 to 8 hours is probably Colquitt's limit on travel. They're most likely making the trip on yellow buses. 

As far as fund raising and etc. that some people love to throw out there all the time, you have no idea of the politics we deal with here. There is honestly a lot of animosity from the various other sports at the school.

Every other sport feels like football gets "all" the money already and the folks campaign against our coach at times with fake crap rumors etc. 

If you think it's just that easy to raise 10k  for travel here for the football team, on top of what they already get, you are in for a big disappointment. It's hard enough for the various civic groups to raise money for the nutrition program and various other functions.

Travel to Florida makes zero sense. Zero. Lose gate money here. Lose the huge atmosphere here to go play a team that can't even fill their home stands? Nah. Pass. 

Just speaking as a fan with limited knowledge and big opinion of course. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

5 to 8 hours is probably Colquitt's limit on travel. They're most likely making the trip on yellow buses. 

As far as fund raising and etc. that some people love to throw out there all the time, you have no idea of the politics we deal with here. There is honestly a lot of animosity from the various other sports at the school.

Every other sport feels like football gets "all" the money already and the folks campaign against our coach at times with fake crap rumors etc. 

If you think it's just that easy to raise 10k  for travel here for the football team, on top of what they already get, you are in for a big disappointment. It's hard enough for the various civic groups to raise money for the nutrition program and various other functions.

Travel to Florida makes zero sense. Zero. Lose gate money here. Lose the huge atmosphere here to go play a team that can't even fill their home stands? Nah. Pass. 

FL may not fill their stands but they have the best talent in the country 

17 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Seems like your coach butts heads with lot of people...

4D0E2FDA-9D0A-43E3-A31B-3AA1FD428A20.gif

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

Seems like your coach butts heads with lot of people...

4D0E2FDA-9D0A-43E3-A31B-3AA1FD428A20.gif

It's not the coaches fault. He's a pretty cool guy actually.

It's just about the numbers for most. Some people can't understand that the sport with the most support from fans etc., and the largest roster, costs so much more to operate.

They also can't understand that the income from football may play some role in helping support their sport. They just bitch because they only get x amount of cash rather than Y amount. 

They also don't go out and try to fund raise as aggressively like football does. I will admit that it is probably easier to fund raise for football than some other sports though. 

• Like 1

Just now, Columbiafan said:

It is very relavant

He claimed GA gains nothing by playing FL but i counted with the fact Florida is the most talented state and as a result they gain plenty by playing FL 

Baby boy, Hawg mentioned how y'all can't even fill up your stands, and yount countered with, "we have the best talent." Your response wasn't relevant to what he was saying. And he's kinda right when he said that traveling to florida makes zero sense when y'all can't fill the stands.....especially if it's supposed to be a big game. 

23 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

So evidently Inner city Narbonne high is traveling to Hawaii for the second year in a row to play St. Louis high.  

How is this even possible considering a marquee school like Colquitt has been unable to raise funds for a trip to Texas, Ohio, or even Neighboring Florida.

#mindblown

Big difference between unable to (with enough time) and chooses to spend their money elsewhere.

17 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

I have debunked the myth of travel countless of times. 

ECHS used to cry all the time that publics don't travel. Then I showed him countless Florida publics including 4 FL publics going to Vegas to play Gorman. He then said Florida is the exception. 

Then I showed countless of publics from all over the country who travel every year. 

Hell a bunch of Colorado publics raise $50,000 or more to travel to FL or CA every year. 

The bottom line is if you WANT to travel you will. The thing about Georgia is the coaches make so much money that they can't take the risk of traveling to play a top team and losing. There job is to get as many home games as possible and win, win, win. 

Buford refused to play any top team because the coach said the boosters don't want to have an event and lose. He turned down countless of teams and settled with Deer Jerkey. A lot of teams in GA have that same mindset. They need to justify the big bucks given to the coach. 

GA publics won't travel because it interrupts their business model of easy wins and home games galore.  

The bottom is line is a few posters on a message board *want* teams to travel regardless of it making financial or strategic sense for that team.  Generating a made up reason for not traveling tied to a coach's salary, making up suppositions about what went on with a team that you have no inside knowledge of, and then building a sweeping generalization based from that is weak at best and disingenuous.  You are better off not pontificating about those things you don't know.

3 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

So you admit south Georgia teams have the ability to pay to travel,  they just choose not to? 

Way to go reading something into my statement when I didn't say that at all.  I have no idea if south Ga teams have the ability to pay to travel as I'm not associated with them and don't know.