OOS travel $ excuses

Sammyswordsman

4 minutes ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

Interesting considering you just lectured us on being forced to pay extra taxes in a economically depressed area, in order to pay for a mediocre high schools practice facilties. 

I didn't lecture "us."  In fact, I didn't lecture anyone.  I pointed out your hypocrisy.  Your comprehension skills on subjects you know little of must not be so good.  The people of Colquitt aren't "forced" to pay extra taxes.  They voted and a majority of the people voted to tax themselves to improve any things.  I take that back.  Their willingness to set up a program to work on their community is similar to the various Propositions that pop up in California.  One big difference is that they didn't create an unfunded mandate that breaks the budget.

On 4/12/2018 at 6:49 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

5 to 8 hours is probably Colquitt's limit on travel. They're most likely making the trip on little yellow buses. 

As far as fund raising and etc. that some people love to throw out there all the time, you have no idea of the politics we deal with here. There is honestly a lot of animosity from the various other sports at the school.

Every other sport feels like football gets "all" the money already and the folks campaign against our coach at times with fake crap rumors etc. 

If you think it's just that easy to raise 10k  for travel here for the football team, on top of what they already get, you are in for a big disappointment. It's hard enough for the various civic groups to raise money for the nutrition program and various other functions.

Travel to Florida makes zero sense. Zero. Lose gate money here. Lose the huge atmosphere here to go play a team that can't even fill their home stands? Nah. Pass. 

Just speaking as a fan with limited knowledge and big opinion of course. 

FIFY

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Fred said:

I didn't lecture "us."  In fact, I didn't lecture anyone.  I pointed out your hypocrisy.  Your comprehension skills on subjects you know little of must not be so good.  The people of Colquitt aren't "forced" to pay extra taxes.  They voted and a majority of the people voted to tax themselves to improve any things.  I take that back.  Their willingness to set up a program to work on their community is similar to the various Propositions that pop up in California.  One big difference is that they didn't create an unfunded mandate that breaks the budget.

The difference is our taxes go towards things and benefit all the people versus a mediocre HS football team. We fund that stuff on our own. 

Our model is better. Ours teams are better. 

1 hour ago, Fred said:

If it is about the love of the game then why is there no more suppor

Fair question.  As I sit in the stands on Friday nights looking at the visitors side with a couple to a few hundred fans(except Santiago games), I wonder the same thing.  Cen10 fills home side and often has as many fans at away games as does the Home team.  If you added 2000 more seats to Cen10 home side, I don’t think it would sell out though.   I have seen a lot of Georgia guys comment on the big difference in population CA vs GA should mean a lot more good teams but it doesn’t scale linearly with players or fans.  There are numerous factors why it isn’t the same as in Georgia.  One factor is traffic.  Since I ride a motorcycle and can split lanes, I can leave work on time 5:30pm, and will barely make game time only 32miles away.   

The other big factor is demographics.  Hispanics and Asians simply don’t pay as much attention to high school football as black or white folk.  

Throw in cost of living, size of families having kids likely to play football.....

It’s simply not apples to apples to compare CA to GA or Texas when it comes to community support for high school football.   Accordingly financial support is also less than you would think.

Of the many people I associate with through family, work, or any other circumstances, I am the only one that ever attends a game (aside from my two daughters, one at Cen10, one at Santiago).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

The difference is our taxes go towards things and benefit all the people versus a mediocre HS football team. We fund that stuff on our own. 

Your one hard headed fucker Block.

The ESPLOST is not limited to funding projects for the football team.

If the city and county were deteriorating at the the expense of the football program then you may have a point, however that is not the case.

I know you find it hard to believe, but Moultrie is actually a pretty damn nice town.

Our facilities (schools, athletics, etc) are amongst the best in the state (that includes elementary through high school), the Moultrie-Colquitt County Recreation department has some of the nicest facilities, the infrastructure (especially the road ways) as a whole is better than nearly everywhere I have been ( in and out of state). Our downtown district is award winning.

We are able to do all of this with a fraction of the population and without exorbitant tax rates like you Californians.

Just admit you're jealous that such a small community has nicer shit than you do in that prison town you call home. You envy everything about us, and that's obvious.

4 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Your one hard headed fucker Block.

The ESPLOST is not limited to funding projects for the football team.

If the city and county were deteriorating at the the expense of the football program then you may have a point, however that is not the case.

I know you find it hard to believe, but Moultrie is actually a pretty damn nice town.

Our facilities (schools, athletics, etc) are amongst the best in the state (that includes elementary through high school), the Moultrie-Colquitt County Recreation department has some of the nicest facilities, the infrastructure (especially the road ways) as a whole is better than nearly everywhere I have been ( in and out of state). Our downtown district is award winning.

We are able to do all of this with a fraction of the population and without exorbitant tax rates like you Californians.

Just admit you're jealous that such a small community has nicer shit than you do in that prison town you call home. You envy everything about us, and that's obvious.

Should we post economic stats? Colquitt versus Folsom?

Let me know. Let's have some fun. 

We don't spend our tax payer dollars on HS practice facilties when 25 percent of people are below the poverty line. 

I think someone is jealous of a real state and real community. 

3 minutes ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

We don't spend our tax payer dollars on HS practice facilties when 25 percent of people are below the poverty line. 

We spend our money in all areas of the community dumbass, I don't care what economic statistics you post, especially when you have no idea how to extrapolate the content within.

24 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

We spend our money in all areas of the community dumbass, I don't care what economic statistics you post, especially when you have no idea how to extrapolate the content within.

You don't care what economic stats I post because they support my points. They are well founded and accurate. 

Nobody on this thread has yet to prove me wrong with ANY credible source. 

I am still waiting. 

4 hours ago, Fred said:

I'm curious and not trying to be argumentative.  You say it is about the game and not the almighty dollar.  If it is about the love of the game then why is there no more support.  You say there are small stadiums.  That implies not many people coming out to the games.  I see the same thing in some of the NJ schools.  Why is having a large stadium that fill sup about the dollar and not about love of the game and community support?  Really, I'm not not trying to argue with you.  I am truly interested in your perspective on this.

Idk how things are in other states but i think reason FL lacks fan support that GA or TX has is that because FL has a heavy population that didn't graduate at the high school they live by or even in some cases didn't even graduate from FL 

From my observation GA and TX have strong alumni bases that doesn't always exist in FL 

3 hours ago, On2whls said:

Fair question.  As I sit in the stands on Friday nights looking at the visitors side with a couple to a few hundred fans(except Santiago games), I wonder the same thing.  Cen10 fills home side and often has as many fans at away games as does the Home team.  If you added 2000 more seats to Cen10 home side, I don’t think it would sell out though.   I have seen a lot of Georgia guys comment on the big difference in population CA vs GA should mean a lot more good teams but it doesn’t scale linearly with players or fans.  There are numerous factors why it isn’t the same as in Georgia.  One factor is traffic.  Since I ride a motorcycle and can split lanes, I can leave work on time 5:30pm, and will barely make game time only 32miles away.   

The other big factor is demographics.  Hispanics and Asians simply don’t pay as much attention to high school football as black or white folk.  

Throw in cost of living, size of families having kids likely to play football.....

It’s simply not apples to apples to compare CA to GA or Texas when it comes to community support for high school football.   Accordingly financial support is also less than you would think.

Of the many people I associate with through family, work, or any other circumstances, I am the only one that ever attends a game (aside from my two daughters, one at Cen10, one at Santiago).

Columbia does that quite a bit as well 

If we still had our old stadium we would have standing room only but we can never sell out our newer stadium 

25 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Idk how things are in other states but i think reason FL lacks fan support that GA or TX has is that because FL has a heavy population that didn't graduate at the high school they live by or even in some cases didn't even graduate from FL 

From my observation GA and TX have strong alumni bases that doesn't always exist in FL 

Yes this is also a big factor in CA.  There are far fewer lifetime residents in towns as compared to the Midwest and Southeast so much less continuity.  You can go to an Angels game when N.Y., BOS, or CHI are in town and there will be almost as many fans for the visitors as for the home team.  That says a lot.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

You don't care what economic stats I post because they support my points. They are well founded and accurate. 

Nobody on this thread has yet to prove me wrong with ANY credible source. 

I am still waiting. 

The three stats you point to do not paint the picture you're portraying dummy. Again you don't know how to interpret the stats.

2 hours ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

You completely ignored his point and post... 

You're like a rockheaded woman that won't listen.

8 hours ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

Okay big boy.  Here's your chance to prove you have the money and can make things happen they way you claim.  Since money is not an issue in your exceedingly wealthy area, pick up your team and bring them to GA on your dime.  I bet I and others can work together to find a suitable opponent.  If you are as wealthy as you claim and are as confident in your team as you claim, then put up or shut up.

What's it going to be?  (I have a pretty good idea what it will be.)

1 minute ago, Fred said:

Okay big boy.  Here's your chance to prove you have the money and can make things happen they way you claim.  Since money is not an issue in your exceedingly wealthy area, pick up your team and bring them to GA on your dime.  I bet I and others can work together to find a suitable opponent.  If you are as wealthy as you claim and are as confident in your team as you claim, then put up or shut up.

What's it going to be?  (I have a pretty good idea what it will be.)

Blockhead doesn't have any money.

He posts stats inflated by a bunch of IBM employees and claims the whole city is rich.

18 hours ago, On2whls said:

14 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

14 hours ago, On2whls said:

Yes this is also a big factor in CA.  There are far fewer lifetime residents in towns as compared to the Midwest and Southeast so much less continuity.  You can go to an Angels game when N.Y., BOS, or CHI are in town and there will be almost as many fans for the visitors as for the home team.  That says a lot.

While the non Metro Atlanta areas have more stability, you have described the conditions in Metro Atlanta to a "T".  There are so many transplants to Atlanta you are likely to see bars full of people rooting for non Atlanta/GA college and pro teams.  In Gwinnett, we are majority minority with a large Hispanic and Asian population, more than any other metro county and maybe more than any other signle county in GA.  We have so many move-ins that it is more rare to find stability in multi-generational families.  I've said for years that S GA enjoys having support from parents and grandparents throughout the community that Gwinnett and the rest of the Metro area doesn't get.  I'm a native Atlantan and I'm rare.  If you want to compare traffic, well while Atlanta might not equal LA yet, we have our moments.  We don't count the mileage to where we want to go, we count the time.

I guess the point of this is we are more similar than we are different.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Lmao that’s not a town that’s a Ghetto... lol please Nice towns don’t have people twerking on ur front lawn   I can only imagine what a shithole ur other towns are if this is ur Crem De La Crem

15 hours ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

But yet, you're not the best team in NorCal, second tier state champs, nationwide leader in homelessness and government assistance and state wide politics are the laughinstock of the entire U.S. 

Highest taxes.

Mud slides, Wild fires, earthquakes, worst travel commutes, sanctuary cities.....

But, Winning.

Beautiful state. beautiful weather trashed by your ilk.

1 hour ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

But yet, you're not the best team in NorCal,

Not what the rankings say. According to the preseason and post season rankings, we are the #1 team in NorCal.

I don't think you can lecture anyone on taxes, considering you spend your taxes on HS practice facilities while 1 out of 4 people in the county is in poverty.

This is why no one takes GA seriously. All bark and no bite.

14 minutes ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

Not what the rankings say. According to the preseason and post season rankings, we are the #1 team in NorCal.

I don't think you can lecture anyone on taxes, considering you spend your taxes on HS practice facilities while 1 out of 4 people in the county is in poverty.

This is why no one takes GA seriously. All bark and no bite.

What?

i gotta prove....

To you?

Bahaha

#BlockHead

2 hours ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Lmao that’s not a town that’s a Ghetto... lol please Nice towns don’t have people twerking on ur front lawn   I can only imagine what a shithole ur other towns are if this is ur Crem De La Crem

Yawn... 

You have anything else... 

You've run this dry.... 

Yea Colquitt has some rough places what area doesnt... 

But we should remind you that you're in crappy ass New Jersey... 

Much like Block you've never been to Colquitt you found one thing and started clinging to it...