OOS travel $ excuses

Sammyswordsman

3 minutes ago, Fred said:

The bottom is line is a few posters on a message board *want* teams to travel regardless of it making financial or strategic sense for that team.  Generating a made up reason for not traveling tied to a coach's salary, making up suppositions about what went on with a team that you have no inside knowledge of, and then building a sweeping generalization based from that is weak at best and disingenuous.  You are better off not pontificating about those things you don't know.

THIS!!!!!! They'll never understand this, Fred......or maybe they just don't want to understand. 

1 minute ago, Fred said:

Way to go reading something into my statement when I didn't say that at all.  I have no idea if south Ga teams have the ability to pay to travel as I'm not associated with them and don't know.

Ok I'll rephrase it 

If a program was able to spend millions on a indoor practice facility it's safe to assume they aren't broke and therefore could afford to travel oos if they wanted to?  Sounds like a fair assumption right? 

If they just choose to not travel then fine but I'm sick of people pretending these schools like colquitt and lowndes don't have the resources to do so 

2 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Ok I'll rephrase it

If a program was able to spend millions on a indoor practice facility it's safe to assume they aren't broke and therefore could afford to travel oos if they wanted to?  Sounds like a fair assumption right?

If they just choose to not travel then fine but I'm sick of people pretending these schools like colquitt and lowndes don't have the resources to do so 

No it is not safe to say.  Those funds come from different funding sources.  The money that built the practice facility comes from a source that by law cannot be used for operating expenses.  Capital expense and operating budgets are two different things.  There is a phrase "house poor" that refers to having a large house but no left over monthly money to do anything else.  Before you or others jump in, I AM NOT SAYING THEY ARE HOUSE POOR!  That is just an example.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fred said:

No it is not safe to say.  Those funds come from different funding sources.  The money that built the practice facility comes from a source that by law cannot be used for operating expenses.  Capital expense and operating budgets are two different things.  There is a phrase "house poor" that refers to having a large house but no left over monthly money to do anything else.  Before you or others jump in, I AM NOT SAYING THEY ARE HOUSE POOR!  That is just an example.

Ok but I'm assuming that the state funding nor the school would have paid for all of it

So some had to be from fundraising or something from the booster club and to me that says there is money surrounding the program even if it's only currently in the hands of boosters 

1 hour ago, Fred said:

The bottom is line is a few posters on a message board *want* teams to travel regardless of it making financial or strategic sense for that team.  Generating a made up reason for not traveling tied to a coach's salary, making up suppositions about what went on with a team that you have no inside knowledge of, and then building a sweeping generalization based from that is weak at best and disingenuous.  You are better off not pontificating about those things you don't know.

We only care if teams play OOS when their boosters are claiming "national status) i.e Top 100 credibility.

No OOS = no Top 100 talk. Bye

2 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

Ok but I'm assuming that the state funding nor the school would have paid for all of it

So some had to be from fundraising or something from the booster club and to me that says there is money surrounding the program even if it's only currently in the hands of boosters 

You assume to much and alas, we know what assuming does.  The funding for the practice facility was a part of a county wide Education Special Option Local Sales tax referendum.  The county agreed to tax itself an extra 1% sales tax for the next however many years (in Gwinnett it is 7 years, don't know about Colquitt Co) to pay for upgrades that included school expansions throughout the county and a new high school.  So no, none that I'm aware of but remember I don't speak for them, from the booster club. 

Grayson traveled all the way to Louisiana because they WANTED to do it. Not because  they felt pressured because of National rankings or anything 

That's all it boils down to. The want. I get some teams are more cash strapped than others but if you had the desire to make it happen you would. You would at least try. 

Some teams and coaches just don't care about it.  It's not a big deal to them. 

It will always come down to that. The desire to do it or not 

18 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Grayson traveled all the way to Louisiana because they WANTED to do it. Not because  they felt pressured because of National rankings or anything 

That's all it boils down to. The want. I get some teams are more cash strapped than others but if you had the desire to make it happen you would. You would at least try. 

Some teams and coaches just don't care about it.  It's not a big deal to them. 

It will always come down to that. The desire to do it or not 

Public High Schools that travel:

Cocoa HS has gone to OH, TX, NJ, PA, KY and Nevada. 

Liberty (NV) has been to TX, HI, FL, CA and AZ. 

There might be a few more public schools out there which travel but the list is probably quite small. 

7 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Public High Schools that travel:

Cocoa HS has gone to OH, TX, NJ, PA, KY and Nevada. 

Liberty (NV) has been to TX, HI, FL, CA and AZ. 

There might be a few more public schools out there which travel but the list is probably quite small. 

Miami Central has played in NV, NJ, and MD if i recall correctly 

MNW has played in TX, AZ that i can think of off my head

I'm sure there are a few more from FL 

We don't have to make excuses @Columbiafan @TheBlockIsHot  @Sammyswordsman there is no advantage to us shelling out a ton of money to travel the country hunt down teams to play. We have plenty top ranked competition within the state and regardless if its Colquitt or Grayson or Buford or a bevy of other teams their are enough OOS games hosted in Georgia each year to represent how well the Georgia teams stand Nationally. (Can I get an amen @Fred @BUFORDGAWOLVES @HawgGoneIt @FootballGuy @CCBlackhatter @TheMaximumHornetSting)  Why would we want to shell out a ton of money to travel around the country to play in empty stadiums (our stadiums stay packed) against top notch teams when we can pay them to come play us at home.(I think Texas teams can understand where we are coming from). I think IMG's coach summed it up pretty well in his interview last night

:D:D:D:D

Drops Mic.......Turns..... and walks away

colquitt.png

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, 94Packer said:

We don't have to make excuses @Columbiafan @TheBlockIsHot  @Sammyswordsman there is no advantage to us shelling out a ton of money to travel the country hunt down teams to play. We have plenty top ranked competition within the state and regardless if its Colquitt or Grayson or Buford or a bevy of other teams their are enough OOS games hosted in Georgia each year to represent how well the Georgia teams stand Nationally. (Can I get an amen @Fred @BUFORDGAWOLVES @HawgGoneIt @FootballGuy @CCBlackhatter @TheMaximumHornetSting)  Why would we want to shell out a ton of money to travel around the country to play in empty stadiums (our stadiums stay packed) against top notch teams when we can pay them to come play us at home.(I think Texas teams can understand where we are coming from). I think IMG's coach summed it up pretty well in his interview last night

colquitt.png

I'm not even worried.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, 94Packer said:

colquitt.png

Amen 94, but an aside not minimizing your comment.

For the national scene, a travel game is good for the program. 

Its expensive yes. Will we do it? At some point, yes. When? I dunno, I’m not in that room. 

Different styles nationwide, and like what IMG’s coach pointed out, playing those styles readies these kids for the next level.

I like traveling personally, I’ll go to away venues. Although it’s different for a team of 100 players plus coaches and staff.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Amen 94, but an aside not minimizing your comment.

For the national scene, a travel game is good for the program. 

Its expensive yes. Will we do it? At some point, yes. When? I dunno, I’m not in that room. 

Different styles nationwide, and like what IMG’s coach pointed out, playing those styles readies these kids for the next level.

I like traveling personally, I’ll go to away venues. Although it’s different for a team of 100 players plus coaches and staff.  

Finally someone said it

4 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Well said, Mr Fred. 

I hereby appoint Mr Fred High Pontiff of Gridiron Logic. 

Regards,

A.A.

6 hours ago, Fred said:

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

Finally someone said it

You know it’s tough.... what we’d like to see and what’s going to happen. 

To a degree we’re doing it, playing Archer, Newton, Jonesboro and Deerfield Beach this season. 

You just hope that the payoff is there for these programs that take that step. 

I’m big on progression and building on each season and just rolling into it, growing your program. That kind of positive energy and forward moving program energy gives these kids a positive high school experience and readied for next level whether it’s college, service or career. 

48 minutes ago, 94Packer said:

colquitt.png

Amen, Packer! 

Just now, 94Packer said:

We have played relevant out of state games in the past, and I’m certain that we will again in the future @BUFORDGAWOLVES

Yes, y’all have. The Rush Meister coupled with outstanding community support has been aggressive in building the Hawgs. I’m planning on being there for the Lowndes game this fall. How would the ticket situation look for me, will I be able to get a ticket when they go on sale?

13 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Yes, y’all have. The Rush Meister coupled with outstanding community support has been aggressive in building the Hawgs. I’m planning on being there for the Lowndes game this fall. How would the ticket situation look for me, will I be able to get a ticket when they go on sale?

Confirm with me before the game, and I will have a ticket waiting for you. That game will sell out probably, but I’ve got you covered. Maybe this game will be warmer than the last one lol 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 94Packer said:

We don't have to make excuses @Columbiafan @TheBlockIsHot  @Sammyswordsman there is no advantage to us YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA,YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA,YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA,YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA,YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA,YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA,YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA,YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA,YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA,  YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA,YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA,YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA,YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA,YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA,YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA,YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA,YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA,YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA

How the rest of the Country (ROC)  guys read it.