Coach Alumbaugh Q&A

PrepGridiron

8 hours ago, On2whls said:

That’s correct.  2015 Cen10 outplayed them....

Uh

No

the red zone is part of the game 

that was a very good CC team and a very competitive game but I think you’re first person to say CC outplayed them and you need at least 10 years before you can rewrite history 

7 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

I agree but That 15 dls team was pretty good though .... might of finished 1 if not for trinity loss.

They did finish #1 at Cp despite the Trinity loss 

would definitely have finished unanimous #1 without loss as CC was #1 in every poll in comp I believe 

‘15 is best DLS team that’s been beaten

46 minutes ago, Pops said:

They did finish #1 at Cp despite the Trinity loss 

That’s a little absurd though ... lot of great teams that year finished undefeated. 

But I agree with you .... that was the last great dls team... can they return to that level is the Q??

2 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

That’s a little absurd though ... lot of great teams that year finished undefeated. 

But I agree with you .... that was the last great dls team... can they return to that level is the Q??

Coach seemed to think so.... I do too... I’m just not sure that level can get it done anymore 

23 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I concur 100%  Great job by Coach A.  He even played along and answered the joke questions.  Excellent job!  Would like to see more of these interviews. 

Same here. Very personable and informative.  Didn’t seem like he was I a hurry to go.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Coach Alumbaugh said:

The 2017 Mater Dei team is rightfully mentioned as one of the greatest HSFB teams in history.  The collection of talent they had was something we have never seen before- even with the LBP teams of the early 2000’s.  Combine that with excellent coaching, and that team was an absolute nightmare to go against.     But that MD team is certainly in the conversation of being the best we’ve seen.  The only other teams that come to mind on that level were 2013 St. John Bosco- who had incredible talent and coaching in their own right- 

Coach A giving a shout out to the Trinity League.  LOL

moonwalking.gif

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 4:58 PM, Coach Alumbaugh said:

The 2017 Mater Dei team is rightfully mentioned as one of the greatest HSFB teams in history.  The collection of talent they had was something we have never seen before- even with the LBP teams of the early 2000’s.  Combine that with excellent coaching, and that team was an absolute nightmare to go against.  I hesitate to crown anyone “best team ever” though, solely because different eras had different teams that deserve credit.  But that MD team is certainly in the conversation of being the best we’ve seen.  The only other teams that come to mind on that level were 2013 St. John Bosco- who had incredible talent and coaching in their own right- and 2009 Don Bosco, who gave us, in my mind, the most demoralizing, physical beat-down I’ve ever been a part of.  Leaving that stadium was awful- I literally wanted to put a bag over my head.   2008 Corona Centennial, in my opinion, can definitely be put into that upper tier.  One team that wasn’t undefeated that deserves consideration was obviously 2001 LBP- it took a pretty monumental effort by a great DLS team to beat them.

@Pops even Coach Alumbaugh supports my Tier concept.  LOL

• Haha 1

On 4/24/2018 at 8:53 PM, Coach Alumbaugh said:

Shots fired by Prep.  Love it.  This is definitely a different time in HSFB- the collection of talent we've been seeing in some of these games has been pretty jaw dropping.  But yes- we can definitely compete at the highest level.  Our margin for error is very small, which is something we are working to overcome.  A case in point- St Johns DC from this year was one of the most impressive teams that we've ever seen.  I'm sure St. John Bosco would confirm that.  But we were able to win that game.  Its up to those to emulate the successes we had in a game like that and transfer it into a weekly effort.  What we can't do is fumble 10 times in a state title game against one of the best teams ever and expect success.  

That was truly a great performance!   I thought you guys were toast after the way SJC started, but DLS kept on fighting and wore them down.   Great game that was!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Just wait for the recalibrated Tiers 2.0

We have been tinkering with the algorithems.  Giving more weight to teams who's boosters support my foundation.

Yes I know

clever srrategy — you’re a smart dude

abandon school/ embrace league/ claim ultimate supremacy/ give the biggest group of crybabies props to support your agenda/ step on old friends along the way by putting Etowah and East Cowetta 3 Tiers above DLS 

you can’t defend it — my only hope is containment 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Pops said:

Yes I know

clever srrategy — you’re a smart dude

abandon school/ embrace league/ claim ultimate supremacy/ give the biggest group of crybabies props to support your agenda/ step on old friends along the way by putting Etowah and East Cowetta 3 Tiers above DLS 

you can’t defend it — my only hope is containment 

This can all be remedied with a small financial  gesture to the SammySwordsman Foundation. 

PS. DLS ended up on the correct Tier.

11 hours ago, Pops said:

Maybe if you excluded GA teams 

DLS was top 25 in every poll but we’re behind about 10 GA teams plus 30 other teams  in your tierology

Hard to make everyone happy with his tier game. 

Dls’s comeback against sjc certainty puts them in the discussion for top 25. 

2 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

Hard to make everyone happy with his tier game. 

Dls’s comeback against sjc certainty puts them in the discussion for top 25. 

I don’t necessarily think he had DLS incorrect — it was just the blatant GA pandering 

I don’t even object to SJC being in a higher tier with BG, Allen, etc

there was an appropriate tier between MD/ IMG and whatever group DLS was in 

• Thanks 1