Coach Alumbaugh Q&A

PrepGridiron

1 minute ago, Coach Alumbaugh said:

Folsom 14 would have been a great game.  Total bummer it didn't happen.  The way were playing at the end of that year, I wouldn't bet against us, but I don't really like playing the hypothetical.  Folsom was great that year, and we were too.  Too bad we couldn't find out on the field.

Could this week 0 game game with Folsom lead to a prolonged series with what is arguably the best 2 teams in North California 

• Like 1

Shots fired by Prep.  Love it.  This is definitely a different time in HSFB- the collection of talent we've been seeing in some of these games has been pretty jaw dropping.  But yes- we can definitely compete at the highest level.  Our margin for error is very small, which is something we are working to overcome.  A case in point- St Johns DC from this year was one of the most impressive teams that we've ever seen.  I'm sure St. John Bosco would confirm that.  But we were able to win that game.  Its up to those to emulate the successes we had in a game like that and transfer it into a weekly effort.  What we can't do is fumble 10 times in a state title game against one of the best teams ever and expect success.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Gate for both games?  Definitely not.  Actually I wish!  That would be an unreal deal.    Without going into the details, I can 100% say that Coach Richardson wanted to play us, and we wanted to play them.  And working with Coach Richardson to get it done was a breeze- there were moving parts like I said, but he was incredibly easy to work with.  And both sides get their gate money as is normally the case.

• Like 7

Coach, before you go, thank you for joining this clown car we affectionately call Prepgridion.com.   I don't really want to talk out of turn, but just a few posts in and you already have more likes than that Folsom guy.  Of course we all owe Folsom guy a debt of gratitude as  about 18 of us decided to go to the game together soooo...

About that SJC game.  Loved watching the look in the boys eyes, confidence growing real time, chatting each other up as they came in and out,  realizing they could come back and win.  No pressure , but one of those, without the first half would be nice...

Thanks again for a great, informative session today.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mjd33 said:

So if he played against cc 5x ....

dls is 4-1 right? Only loss coming to Martinez and burfict in 09? 08? 

That’s correct.  2015 Cen10 outplayed them but you can’t get stopped 4 times inside the 20 and expect to beat a team like that.  I was surprised Logan didn’t mix it up and put McKee in.  He was a little too conservative and maybe concerned Catalano would toss a couple of late picks like he did in 2014.  For me, that was the toughest Cen10 loss ever.

13 minutes ago, On2whls said:

That’s correct.  2015 Cen10 outplayed them but you can’t get stopped 4 times inside the 20 and expect to beat a team like that.  I was surprised Logan didn’t mix it up and put McKee in.  He was a little too conservative and maybe concerned Catalano would toss a couple of late picks like he did in 2014.  For me, that was the toughest Cen10 loss ever.

I agree but That 15 dls team was pretty good though .... might of finished 1 if not for trinity loss.

That was a good game. McKinley had a quiet night. 

18 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Try a FG coach 🤦🏽‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Haha 1