Are Texas HS Football best days behind them?

Sammyswordsman

10 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

The only thing youv'e been steppin in this thread is the doo doo of your arguments.

No you just wish i was wrong because that sta loss last year damages your states credibility 

A top 2 team in your entire state lost to a non top 10 team

Laughable 

10 hours ago, The Stache said:

I'm sure you weren't referring to our game vs. the IMG cheaters.  Surely you support a regular HS team in that contest. 

How are they cheaters when they are honest about how they operate

Cheating would be if they did all this while claiming to be the same as other high schools

10 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Points of clarification:

• STA is also a recruited up team.
  • STA has no stamina as the season progresses
  • STA squanders more talent than any team in America

Sta still lost to 3 public schools

None of those publics had the talent or the "coaching" that SJB apparently has

So how do 3 teams with less talent and coaching do what SJB couldn't do? 

3 hours ago, Horsefly said:

I'm talking to you not Sammy.  Sammy's alright, I know he starts stuff to get things going.  He's told me that before. 

You've been running your mouth even from the other site.  What threads do you start?  There's not a single thing YOU start, just prostituting what everyone else does. A typical follower...

You’re not paying attention then because I’ve started numerous threads.I posted one sentence in this topic and it hit a nerve with you.I believe you’re just looking to pick a fight 

2 hours ago, Horsefly said:

leave doubt? Why not answer that for our own state.  Who did Folsom play to garner their national attention in the polls?  Same goes for centennial, they travel much lately?

A majority of your public elite teams aren't traveling much if at all. Get a grip.

Again you’re not paying attention.The only one who’s ripped Folsom more than me about their sorry schedule is Sammy 

5 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Texas public's have been to CA, WA, FL and OH as well. I will assure you the Cali privates are not running all over the Country playing OOS any more than anyone else.   

So all that bloviating doesn't stand up to scrutiny.  Our top 10 have played more OOS and won more with a better winning %😁

OOS Records from 2004 -2018 CA vs TX OOS  top 10 dynasty teams PER CALPREPS. 😁 

The combined OOS Record of the top 10 TX Dynasty teams by Calpreps is TX 53-12 .818  65 games

Allen 7-0, SLC 4-2 , Katy 2-0, Euless TrInity 8-3, Desoto 7-1, Longiew 11-2, Lake Travis 1-0, Aledo 7-1, Cedar Hill 1-2,  Abilene 5-1 Total: 53 - 12 (65) games .815% 

The combined OOS Record of The Top 10 CA Dynasty teams by Calpreps is 38-23 .623 61 games 

DLS 5-8, Mission Viejo 8-1, CC 4-3, Mater Dei 3-0, Poly 2-4, SJB 9-3, Vista Murrieta 4-1, St. Bonaventure 1-0, Orange Lutheran 3-1,  Oaks Christian 1-2,  Total: 36 -  23 (59) games .610%

How many of those games were far away from Texas? Would the record look different if they had been played thousands of miles away? This is the point.Texas never leaves home and always plays by their rules.Quite the set up

22 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Again you’re not paying attention.The only one who’s ripped Folsom more than me about their sorry schedule is Sammy 

I'm talking traveling OOS and centennial was mentioned as well. They venture OOS much?  While we are at it has granddad MD traveled much since whoring themselves with recruits?  

49 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I'm talking traveling OOS and centennial was mentioned as well. They venture OOS much?  While we are at it has granddad MD traveled much since whoring themselves with recruits?  

Apples and oranges.You’re trying to compare rarely to never.Texas does what they do and it’s clearly an advantage.Speaking of Texas football what good games do you have going on September 7-8? I’ll be out there at that time and would like to take in a game.Flower mound area is were I’ll be ...thanks

3 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Apples and oranges.You’re trying to compare rarely to never.Texas does what they do and it’s clearly an advantage.Speaking of Texas football what good games do you have going on September 7-8? I’ll be out there at that time and would like to take in a game.Flower mound area is were I’ll be ...thanks

Never means it has not been done, clearly and obviously texas has travelled before.

you should check out Allen vs east Utah on the 7th of sept. 

11 hours ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Let’s put this into proper perspective. Nevada only has 36 teams which play 4A football. Texas has over 200 teams which play 6A football. So no sh1% Sherlock Texas should win the majority of their games versus NV. But they did not that year. And yes it was a big deal that Liberty won in Texas. 

This is how that game vs Westlake should be remembered by the comments from Coach Dodge. 

Pre game comments from Coach Dodge "I’ve done some research, and Liberty is a lot like us. They’re a quality program, they’re a public school about our size, and it will be a good test for us.”

And post game from Coach Dodge "Liberty deserved the win tonight. On this field, for three and a half hours, they were better than we were."

It’s still one game, actually what 3 total. Way too small of a sample size to habe any real meaning overall to prove anything.

Late to the party with my 2 cents

TX imho is #1 hsfb state in country, but the ranking will depend on the criteria.  For me, TX goes to #1 based on:

— community passion/ support/ culture

— depth, including specifically more worthy top 100 teams most years than any other state

— total counting #s (TX will always be in top 3 of D1s, NFL players etc)

Sammy is poking at TX’s Achille’s heel, which imho is that TX is underrepresented in a new “nth level” of elite teams due to a public school culture that still considers transfers cheating.  That approach impairs the development of super teams (while arguably keeping the whole stronger).  TX also makes far less effort than any top 10 state to engage with national competition.  They have their reasons but the perception is that TX is more than willing to remain somewhat isolated from the rest of the emerging super elite level of hsfb.  

It will be interesting to see if bishop dunne or pope pius etc starts garnering attention and transfers due to embracing the National game — TX has effectively stifled privates by forcing them either into a separate classification or to play several classifications up — if dunne or others start to become THE elite schools in TX, there is going to be significant consternation in my home state 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pops said:

Late to the party with my 2 cents

TX imho is #1 hsfb state in country, but the ranking will depend on the criteria.  For me, TX goes to #1 based on:

— community passion/ support/ culture

— depth, including specifically more worthy top 100 teams most years than any other state

— total counting #s (TX will always be in top 3 of D1s, NFL players etc)

Sammy is poking at TX’s Achille’s heel, which imho is that TX is underrepresented in a new “nth level” of elite teams due to a public school culture that still considers transfers cheating.  That approach impairs the development of super teams (while arguably keeping the whole stronger).  TX also makes far less effort than any top 10 state to engage with national competition.  They have their reasons but the perception is that TX is more than willing to remain somewhat isolated from the rest of the emerging super elite level of hsfb.  

It will be interesting to see if bishop dunne or pope pius etc starts garnering attention and transfers due to embracing the National game — TX has effectively stifled privates by forcing them either into a separate classification or to play several classifications up — if dunne or others start to become THE elite schools in TX, there is going to be significant consternation in my home state 

Pops, I pretty much agree with all you stated.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Please, Trinity already travelled to Washington vs Bellevue, gave them all they could handle but of course in the end BV were nothing more than cheaters.  Not surprised though, that's all you can do to compete...pathetic!

Lmaoooo Exuses troll, and if anything the east invented Recruiting.

On 5/4/2018 at 10:57 AM, DevilDog said:

Meanwhile B.G Romped the whole State of California for 3 years running. xD.  Westlake lost without their 4* QB vs. Liberty, NV.  Ask that Numbnutz when the last time a Texas Big School Champ lost OOS.  If our team loses OOS they don't win State.  That is proof of how great we are compared to OOS.  Now what other State can say that.

How illogical are your points. Trinity beat the state champ in Texas the same year they beat Dela. Than that same team (North Shore I beleive ) won Texas after losing to Dela, But I guess Dela isn't allowed, by your logic, to improve and win their state.

8 hours ago, Abel_559 said:

The only ones you guy play regularly is Ga 😂

Off top of my head we have had a FL team playing a Maryland team the past 3 years minimum and it is continuing this year 

We have had multiple games in NJ 

5 different teams have played at Bishop Gorman, all in Nevada and we even had a team play Liberty this past year 

You got the idea

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

How illogical are your points. Trinity beat the state champ in Texas the same year they beat Dela. Than that same team (North Shore I beleive ) won Texas after losing to Dela, But I guess Dela isn't allowed, by your logic, to improve and win their state.

How illogical are your points not to point out that North Shore had already been beat twice before they ever played Trinity by other Texas Teams.

this is called depth something you boys wouldn’t have clue about in Cali 

how many other teams beat DLS that year?  0.0 teams!

Then to ignore that Trinity was knocked out in the first round is even more illogical.

your post is stupid anyways because it implies that North Shore lost to DLS. They didn’t play.

You boys talk all this shit.  Why are your teams not lining up to play Allen?

how many years running now has Allen hosted oos team or teams to open the season?

SC, FL, AL, LAx2, with UTAH coming this year.   All have sent teams.  Cali prep boys are hiding - probably need more recruiting time knowing what happened to DLS