2018 CIF-SS D1 leaked...

Eddyr2

4 hours ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Servite #11.

Solid lol

Keep in mind that the order teams are listed is based on the score from the algorithm used to place teams in divisions. They are not team rankings although they are similar since team success is a major determinate. Servite gets a big boost from playing in the Trinity, even if they go 0-5 in league play. Likewise, Poly gets punished for their pathetic league. The Moore league is such a joke I wouldn’t have been surprised if Poly ended up in D2. The way things are going if Poly loses in 1st round of playoffs the next year they would likely be moved down a division. That will be a sad day when a program with a tradition like Poly a student population of 4000+ is no longer in the top division. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

Keep in mind that the order teams are listed is based on the score from the algorithm used to place teams in divisions. They are not team rankings although they are similar since team success is a major determinate. Servite gets a big boost from playing in the Trinity, even if they go 0-5 in league play. Likewise, Poly gets punished for their pathetic league. The Moore league is such a joke I wouldn’t have been surprised if Poly ended up in D2. The way things are going if Poly loses in 1st round of playoffs the next year they would likely be moved down a division. That will be a sad day when a program with a tradition like Poly a student population of 4000+ is no longer in the top division. 

As it should.  About 200+ teams could go undefeated in the Moore league and a league that includes Whitney, Oak Ridge and Granite Bay.

#sad

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

The Moore league is such a joke I wouldn’t have been surprised if Poly ended up in D2. The way things are going if Poly loses in 1st round of playoffs the next year they would likely be moved down a division. That will be a sad day when a program with a tradition like Poly a student population of 4000+ is no longer in the top division.

The LBUSD vendetta against Poly’s football team is a real shame...Guess Bosco and  Narbonne fans are cool with it...

4 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Now you're tripping....

Hard.

Regards,

C.A.

The way CIF-SS does the D1 playoffs (all the best teams in one bracket) and how CIF does the Open State Bowl Game Championship (Highest ranked team in the North vs Highest ranked team in the South) insures that the best teams play each other and the winner of the "Open SBG" is the undisputed State Champ. No of that "well the D2 champ could have beat the D1aa Champ" stuff that other states have.

13 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

The way CIF-SS does the D1 playoffs (all the best teams in one bracket) and how CIF does the Open State Bowl Game Championship (Highest ranked team in the North vs Highest ranked team in the South) insures that the best teams play each other and the winner of the "Open SBG" is the undisputed State Champ. No of that "well the D2 champ could have beat the D1aa Champ" stuff that other states have.

Sammy's still trippin' bro.....

Regards,

BGW

p.s. we aspire to be Mater Dei East

36 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

Except for the times the best teams dont make it... 

And when you let teams that dont win league games in your bracket.... 

Thats a deduction and major drawback in my opinion... 

OLU got in last year with a mediocre resume and no league wins... 

The playoffs are the proving grounds to see whose the best and if you cant win atleast 1 league game then youre not ready for the playoffs... 

But what was really insulting and perplexing is how Chaminade lost to OLU... 

Either Chaminade isnt as good as most Socalians would like us to believe or OLU got lucky... 

Either way I cant respect a system that allows teams like OLU to get in... 

Believe me I have Bones to pick with the system that Georgia uses to... Im not by any means gonna excuse my own state because theres some flaws in it for damn sure... 

But Yall apparently just let anyone in.

42 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

And dont get me started on your Classification system... 

Thats a joke for another day... 

41 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

when was that time? when was the last time that best team in the state wasn't the winner of the "Open"?

Olu won a game vs a nationlly ranked team sooooo i think they did just fine...

your opinion has no bearing on mine

OLu had a better record going into the playoffs then South Gwinnett, Newnan, Roswell and Campbell, plus they had the same record as Norcross and North Forsyth...so how do you feel about the GHSA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA playoffs (btw up date the name a call if D1, thanks!)

The playoffs are the proving grounds to see whose the best

Yep and OLu proved they belonged when they beat a really good Chaminade team

and if you cant win atleast 1 league game then youre not ready for the playoffs... 

unless you play in the toughest league in the nation.

what is insulting and perplexing? OLu was the better team that day...they had/have a 4* QB and 4* WR...

image.png.499d9f174c05387b638b6bf0eae1ae2c.png

image.png.7e4ad02302b8df7dec5b28601c4609b1.png

sometimes the team with the best QB/WR can pull off the upset...

Either Chaminade isnt as good as most Socalians would like us to believe

their 1200 year RB, VanBuren, was hurt and played on a bad wheel...so yes the Chaminade team that day was over rated since their best player was playing hurt...

or OLU got lucky...

yes, this is also true, but again they did have a 4* QB and a 4* WR, so that helped too...

so you don't respect the GHSA 7A system that allowed 5 team like or worse then OLu in?

Believe me I have Bones to pick with the system that Georgia uses to... Im not by any means gonna excuse my own state because theres some flaws in it for damn sure... 

Good! cause it seems way more flawed then Cali's

But Yall apparently just let anyoneX5 in. 

• Like 1

And dont get me started on your Classification system... 

Ditto

Thats a joke for another day... 

I feel the same way about GHSA's AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA playoff bracket 

7 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

The Best 8 earn the quarterfinals.  

Better than Texas 

Yes, the quarterfinal round of the SS D1 bracket will always have top notch teams, but so will TX 6A D1and D2 (I wish those two 6A winners would meet in a true state championship game, though). 

For that matter, the GA 7A and OH D1 quarterfinalists aren’t too shabby either most years. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

It has happened here in NY a few different years in both football and basketball at different times.  It is weird to see a traditional program not in the highest division for sure. 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

I hate that aboutTexas. 2 state champs? Lame..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

The playoffs are the proving grounds to see whose the best and if you cant win atleast 1 league game then youre not ready for the playoffs... 

Either Chaminade isnt as good as most Socalians would like us to believe or OLU got lucky... 

Except when that one league is far and away the top league in the world!!

• Haha 1