Mater dei vs bishop Gorman week

Antt

betting lines are open....who thinks MD will cover?

16 seemed a bit high for this game to me,  but I have no idea how this years version of these teams will be...

Mater Dei CA at Bishop Gorman NV - ESPNU - Game

08/24/2018

Mater Dei CA

-16-120

O 63 -120

21:00 (EST)

Bishop Gorman NV

+16-120

U 63 -120

13 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Even @On2whls feels that there was bad conduct by MD players. It’s more sad that you are protecting the Monarch program. 

Oh I’m sorry I didn’t know On2whls was an authority on this matter.No, it’s much sadder that you are getting some satisfaction out of this when you don’t know anything.Reverse the situation.Would it be fair of me to post such a video about BG kids when I had no idea what really is going on?

if they did do something criminal it will come out.If they did then have at um.Until then it’s pretty low to do so

• Like 1

If something happened (and I don’t know if something did), then we are talk about children misbehaving and then suffering the consequences of their mistakes. It’s not like we are talking about a grown man, who may be gassed up (pun intentional), hitting his girlfriend on Christmas Day.

yes yes, Rollo was accused of being hostal with the equipment manager in 1988...but it’s not like a mug shot pops up when you google his name...that would be sad for the program...

7 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

Martinez in the background is an equal stud.

@Eddyr2 speaking of which I notice that Matinez was playing defensive line against Amat. There wasnt much talk of him playing defense. Makes total sense when you consider his body type and athleticism. Should we expect to see him on defense a lot this year?

I am hoping they target him in the passing game but the TE has never been a focal point since the days Billy Blanton and David Knuff. Considering they were without Huffman-Dixon and Epps last week it is disappointing they did not try to target him in the passing game IMO.

18 hours ago, Gridiron Godfather said:

Almost pissed my pants there for a second. Back from injury??? LOL If you are driving up to watch you may want to pick up some gas & snacks in Baker. For security concerns, we will be closing all our gas station/convenience stores. ;)

For first timers to play at BG... Gridiron is right, Get your dinner/snacks before the game. Most important, Get There Early and find a parking spot. Not a lot of parking after the school parking spaces are gone, and they fill up early. If the game starts at 7 get there at 6 at least , earlier if you can talk your wife into it, and plan on walking a quarter to half mile. Hope your car/truck can curb hop if you don't get a parking space.

It is a cool stadium with lots of sun facing the visitors. Hope you enjoy. Vegas is a lot of fun if you can stay over a day or 2.

13 hours ago, Ararar said:

Oh I’m sorry I didn’t know On2whls was an authority on this matter.No, it’s much sadder that you are getting some satisfaction out of this when you don’t know anything.Reverse the situation.Would it be fair of me to post such a video about BG kids when I had no idea what really is going on?

if they did do something criminal it will come out.If they did then have at um.Until then it’s pretty low to do so

Seems California knows a lot about accusing, ummm, certain people of things that they know nothing of. POTUS comes to mind. 

Dear Moderator; Warning noted. I'll not drop political references into threads in the future unless I have permission ahead of post. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Martinez in the background is an equal stud.

@Eddyr2 speaking of which I notice that Matinez was playing defensive line against Amat. There wasnt much talk of him playing defense. Makes total sense when you consider his body type and athleticism. Should we expect to see him on defense a lot this year?

I am hoping they target him in the passing game but the TE has never been a focal point since the days Billy Blanton and David Knuff. Considering they were without Huffman-Dixon and Epps last week it is disappointing they did not try to target him in the passing game IMO.

i think with all the kids out last week it makes alot of sense to have Martinez play the jet end. think i would rather have Raesjon Davis or fuamatu.

Yeah TE was always be big deal for MD back in the day. I remember Justin Davis' huge game vs Poly in 98. Would love to see the become a big part of the offense...heck i would tear up if i saw MD line up in I-formation and run the 26 power.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Troll said:

betting lines are open....who thinks MD will cover?

16 seemed a bit high for this game to me,  but I have no idea how this years version of these teams will be...

Mater Dei CA at Bishop Gorman NV - ESPNU - Game

08/24/2018

Mater Dei CA

-16-120

O 63 -120

21:00 (EST)

Bishop Gorman NV

+16-120

U 63 -120

Now at 21.5 

dematha getting 23 vs STA 

4 minutes ago, Texasball said:

My best guess because I hate private schools -  This is what happens when you care more about winning than the quality of the kid that you are recruiting to the campus.

This is America...all that matters is winning...that’s why the Great State of California will win and USAT National Championship this year!!!

0865E510-EAF0-4F2F-94D0-FBCDB263F89A.gif

14 hours ago, Ararar said:

Pretty sad post on your behalf and sadly your buddy laughs at it.you have absolutely no idea why some kids didn’t play.You read some rumors on a message board and decided to run with it ...why? I have know idea.

He's pre-empting any discussion around past blehavior by BG players/ coaches, like not shaking hands during the pregame coin toss against teams that you'll beat by 50, apparently tacitly endorsed by Sanchez since it's happened on multiple occasions (including MD game last year), throwing bombs into the end zone near end of 5 TD wins because an OOS opponent disrespected you at a picnic the day before, etc.l

lIn LV's mind, the field is level and he always points out misbehavior of opponent.  Last year, he was focussed on about a 5-second scuffle that happened between DLS and Monte Vista in 1987 (not joking)

5 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

This is America...all that matters is winning...that’s why the Great State of California will win and USAT National Championship this year!!!

0865E510-EAF0-4F2F-94D0-FBCDB263F89A.gif

I like winning too...Just not at the cost of bringing trash to my beloved little catholic campus all in the name of winning.  

But hey you boys can keep talking about the program and how great the coaching is blah blah blah.

I wonder how many of the players at MD truly meet the normal student criteria for enrollment?   I wonder how many of the transfers  actually pay to attend the school?

11 minutes ago, Texasball said:

I like winning too...Just not at the cost of bringing trash to my beloved little catholic campus all in the name of winning.  

But hey you boys can keep talking about the program and how great the coaching is blah blah blah.

I wonder how many of the players at MD truly meet the normal student criteria for enrollment?   I wonder how many of the transfers  actually pay to attend the school?

Over 40% of Kids at MD are on financial aid, almost all aren’t listed by 247...I think with praise MD for every kid who came from an unprivileged background that they help get a world class education.