What up Texas?

DevilDog

1 hour ago, ATLien12x said:

@Horsefly @DevilDog @thc6795 @Texasball

Who do y’all have winning Duncanville-North Shore in a few weeks? Watched their last few games each on NFHS and it seems to me Duncanville is a little more complete (defense) but damn they’re both soooo explosive on offense. Both look top 10-15 nationally. Both semifinals look great on paper with a ton of offense expected. I still think from the limited games I’ve seen (playoffs on NFHS) that North Shore and Duncanville are way more explosive and athletic than both Rockwall and Lake Travis. Either way I’d bet the over with these offenses

Also, do you think Denton-Ryan can win 5A? They have Lone Star and Aledo in their way. I’ve watched their last few games checking out five star Alabama commit Drew Sanders and came away impressed with them as a whole. Was hoping Ennis would knock Aledo off in OT but eh good effort. 

My perspective is Duncanville is just loaded and they are wounded which with the kid Jaxon Smith-Njiba of Rockwall who is being called the best WR in the DFW History.  Be advised Tim Brown comes from Here.   The 3 of us have seen that kid in person and with the injuries to DVille's Secondary they will score.  I dont' think they will stop D'ville and it should be a high scoring affair.  Frisco Lone Star is loaded and also have one of the Best WR's in the State Marvin Mims.  Nothshore nor DVille have a kid more of a threat than Smith-Njiba they just have more horses capable of doing the same.  That game IMHO will be like last year but I feel D'Ville has a better defense than NS and should nip them.   Lone Star 5AD1 and Aledo has a chance to WIN #9.  NO TEAM IN TEXAS HISTORY HAVE MORE THAN 8 TITLES.  I saw them against Ennis that RB for Aledo is the real deal and will keep them in any game.   L.S. and Ryan would be my go to game if it wasn't for D'Ville and Rockwall in my back yard.   I got L.S. over Ryan.  I will be pulling for FBM.  Fastest damn Kids in TEXAS. 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Yes, they’ve always been D2.  A dadgum suburban school where the city has steadily grown the past decade but yet they continue to be D2.  😂 

Carthage, TX 6,855  CLass 4A DI  dropping to DII

Gilmer, TX 5,134 Class 4A DII

Aledo, TX 4,674 5ADII   (Yeah I am smelling something in the air)

I am willing to bet MA BRITCHES no other town in Texas have less than 5K people yet are 5A.  😂 

In bEast Texas this is 3ADI and 4ADII  all day  LIke Gilmer. 

Little old Gilmer has done all of this in the last 15 years vs. Aledo athletes in the last 15 years.  Not one Aledo Kid in any league doing that time even Johnathan Gray fizzled out.    But I know they would have destroyed those Gilmer kids. 🤣

Gilmer last 15 years   
Kris Boyd, American football defensive back for the Minnesota Vikings
Curtis Brown, former defensive back for the Pittsburgh Steelers
Manuel Johnson, former wide receiver for the Dallas Cowboys
G.J. Kinne, NFL and Canadian Football League quarterback
Kenny Pettway, linebacker for the Edmonton Eskimos
Dakota Hagler, former defensive lineman for the Indoor Football League
David Snow, former offensive lineman for the Pittsburgh Steelers

Aledo Not one NFL Player Ever that I could find. 

12 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Carthage, TX 6,855  CLass 4A DI  dropping to DII

Gilmer, TX 5,134 Class 4A DII

Aledo, TX 4,674 5ADII   (Yeah I am smelling something in the air)

I am willing to bet MA BRITCHES no other town in Texas have less than 5K people yet are 5A.  😂 

In bEast Texas this is 3ADI and 4ADII  all day  LIke Gilmer. 

Aledo pulls from surrounding cities, in total a pop of about 10K serve by the ISD.  

the city grew about 75% over the past 10 years, but the HS not so fast about 6%.  

The school should be solid 5AD1 by now.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

Aledo pulls from surrounding cities, in total a pop of about 10K serve by the ISD.  

the city grew about 75% over the past 10 years, but the HS not so fast about 6%.  

The school should be solid 5AD1 by now.  

That Gilmer team that beat B.G. back in 2006 had these kids.   That was a loaded 3A team and they were up on B.G. 43 - 14 at the halftime.  Until M.D. beat them Down they had given B.G. The worst loss in their Programs History and they didn't win State that Year. 

G.J. Kinne qb (Giants/CFL)

Curtis Brown wr/cb   (Steelers)

Justin Johnson RB (*4star OU Recruit)  played preseason with Cowboys

And David Snow was a Freshmen 🤣

The reason for my Aledo rant is b/c I do think 5AD2 are more represented by true rural communities like mine.  We are 120 miles from the nearest major city, Ft Worth.  We aren’t collocated near urban talent centers where kids can pop in and out. We have what we have. 

Not the case with D1.  A lot of the better teams are urban area schools so access to talent is more easily available 

I think Aledo has been a D2 school getting the benefits of a D1 talent.  Let them play up a division with the lone stars, Denton’s, etc 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

That Gilmer team that beat B.G. back in 2006 had these kids.   That was a loaded 3A team and they were up on B.G. 43 - 14 at the halftime.  Until M.D. beat them Down they had given B.G. The worst loss in their Programs History and they didn't win State that Year. 

G.J. Kinne qb (Giants/CFL)

Curtis Brown wr/cb   (Steelers)

Justin Johnson RB (*4star OU Recruit)  played preseason with Cowboys

And David Snow was a Freshmen 🤣

True, but didn’t some of those kids transfer?  I know Kinne moved to Gilmer.  

Now that we are talking about the east Texas talent, I’d like to see the address for the Ingram family too. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

The reason for my Aledo rant is b/c I do think 5AD2 are more represented by true rural communities like mine.  We are 120 miles from the nearest major city, Ft Worth.  We aren’t collocated bear urban talent centers where kids can pop in and out. We have what we have. 

Not the case with D1.  A lot of the better teams are urban area schools so access to talent is more easily available 

I think Aledo has been a D2 school getting the benefits of a D1 talent.  Let them play up a division with the lone stars, Denton’s, etc 

This is how the McKinney Coaches feel about Allen.  I heard the McKinney High coach say we could load up too w/1 school. But why deny talented kids the opportunities to play on Fridays.   McKinney North been turning out talent for years.   

So what did he do go out and Hire ex Allen Eagle Standout Marcus Shavers 🤣

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

True, but didn’t some of those kids transfer?  I know Kinne moved to Gilmer.  

Now that we are talking about the east Texas talent, I’d like to see the address for the Ingram family too. 

Yep and remember when he left Blake Lynch moved in.  🤣 And last year James Webb form Aledo moved in.  

You know Carthage is full of Ingram's like D.F. is full of Epps, Mims and Everett's 🤣

• Like 1

According to a report in the Austin American-Statesman’s Hookem.com, Duncanville senior quarterback Ja’Quinden Jackson, who’s finished 39-2 over his high school career, is stoked to let loose as a future Longhorn. “You got a dog coming,” Jackson reported said in his message to Texas fans. “There is nothing in my way that will stop me from what I want to be.” Per the report, Jackson will officially ink his commitment with Texas on Dec. 18.

2 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

According to a report in the Austin American-Statesman’s Hookem.com, Duncanville senior quarterback Ja’Quinden Jackson, who’s finished 39-2 over his high school career, is stoked to let loose as a future Longhorn. “You got a dog coming,” Jackson reported said in his message to Texas fans. “There is nothing in my way that will stop me from what I want to be.” Per the report, Jackson will officially ink his commitment with Texas on Dec. 18.

Good luck to him! 

I still think it’s interesting they recruited Hudson Card out of that class.  We’ll see who emerges as the QB

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Guru said:

North Shore is a top 10-15 team like TexasFrog is competent.

3 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

Name 14 teams better. 

2 hours ago, The Guru said:

Not required to.

Every idiot who has nothing to say responds in the exact same way that you just did.

2 hours ago, The Guru said:

I could be a fraud like you and just randomly name 14 teams.

But that wouldn't prove anything.

All we know right now is that you don't understand the burden of proof.

If a poster states that a team is not a top 10-14 team that means he believes there are at least 14 teams better. Would you agree with that statement Canes? If so than name them so we can understand your train of thought. If not then explain why you would make such a claim and not support it. Since we don’t understand your the burden of proof please define that for us also. You expect everyone here to post under a defined set of criteria without providing us with the definition. You can’t have it both ways, or in your case every way.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

And 4 more years of Zero U ass whippings.  He should have went somewhere he can QB like Mobilehoma.  

I forgot they have Fr Casey Thompson as a backup.  No need to have that level of depth at QB to include Roschon.  Someone is being set up I think! I agree,  JJ needs to look elsewhere. 

• Like 1