Best HS player you've seen in person

GrecoRoman

14 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I’m fine with your choice of Doyle.

just pointing out that the DLS culture is to be humble and super benevolent in victory. 

Your natural inclination was to subconsciously follow suit. Ask yourself if you “seriously” considered any player from a team that beat DLS or were your thoughts directed to guys whose Thumbs are tacked  on to the DLS conquest board.

Its fine.  

Ha! Troll game decent, but it’s not like I’m out here pimping Butch Pauu 

On 10/31/2018 at 12:25 AM, Eddyr2 said:

matt grootegoed

84F3E6DE-44A8-498E-85E7-9240C3CAEF73.jpeg.5cd0101bd94eefe272547c01d81796a0.jpeg

and dj williams

240E7365-87B1-4EB9-803A-177B6235C384.jpeg.53cd3f4409efac04e9071198a291e202.jpeg

I'd put DJ at 1 and Groots at 2 they were both head and shoulders above the other players.

I would also add this guy. Dell Rio was a beast in hs. Also an all state basketball player and I think may have been an a.a. baseball player. delriohayward.jpg.420c69ca485484951ee29142337804f8.jpg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, PrepGridiron said:

No. Thought Doyle was the best QB I had seen that year. Also thought St. Brown stood out more on the field. He was special. I was actually debating putting him on here. Skills wise, he may be the best receiver I've seen at that level. 

Doyle looked like a polished college player making throws against DLS. I still don't know how they came back and one that game. 

As far as JT when he added running the ball he became the total package. Already had the arm and was like having a coach on the field. He was the best QB I've ever seen in hs. I would also give a shout out to Dennis Dixon he was also pretty special and I think would've won the Heisman at Oregon if he didn't blow out his knee. Made it to the NFL but the speed and elusiveness of his running game was never the same after that injury. 

19 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I was just amused because DLS guys only recognize players from the teams that are defeated by DLS.  The teams and players that beat DLS are somehow diminished (held to a grudge) in your collective opinions.  Just an observation.

17 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Proving my point.   

DLS guys generally marginalized opponents that beat DLS so it’s only natural to bestow more benevolence on Doyle.  Had SJC won, then Doyle would be “lucky”

Just like DLS never mention Canyon high.   Lol

Just am observation worth considering 

17 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I’m fine with your choice of Doyle.

just pointing out that the DLS culture is to be humble and super benevolent in victory. 

Your natural inclination was to subconsciously follow suit. Ask yourself if you “seriously” considered any player from a team that beat DLS or were your thoughts directed to guys whose Thumbs are tacked  on to the DLS conquest board.

Its fine.  

If your theory had weight wouldn’t DLS guys be very high in servite?

i don’t see that 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Hey dude! Off topic....Are you gonna be at the game next Friday? We should get some chow and a beer prior. We can get a show of hands and maybe have a few other dudes too.

....ok carry on.

That is the plan! We need to drag @15yds4gibberish out. One game this year is unacceptable. Hahahaha. 

P.S. if we can get a @GloryDays sighting too, that would make it all worth it. Speaking of @GloryDays, got the Flag Football Unis. My boys are gunning for you this year.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

My theory has plenty of weight.  Even you continuously forget to count the Canyon game.  "....it wasn't an open" - Pops c. every year

Your theory has no weight

— how to explain the lack of servite players?  

— how to explain that two of the nations top RBs that played for local NCS baby seals in the last few years weren’t mentioned 

regarding Canyon game I can say that it was never not counted for anything that dls’s D1 state championship win over heavily favored CC (with a 15-2 D1 advantage) was 

sometimes the discussion is just about Opens and NEITHER of those were — DLS didn’t playbin an Open until ‘09 when they finished #1 in state 😘

2 hours ago, PrepGridiron said:

That is the plan! We need to drag @15yds4gibberish out. One game this year is unacceptable. Hahahaha. 

P.S. if we can get a @GloryDays sighting too, that would make it all worth it. Speaking of @GloryDays, got the Flag Football Unis. My boys are gunning for you this year.

I agree it's unacceptable damn it!  I will try to make this happen.  Talk next week.

• Like 2

On 10/31/2018 at 10:02 AM, Belly Bob said:

I think he played a year or two on special teams, before heading to Canada to play in CFL. 

I don't know all the details. He was recruited by USC as a safety, but then they got Troy Polamalu, who I think took his spot but never stopped praising Matt as a football player. So they moved Matt to OLB, where he immediately excelled. He had over 80 tackles, 16 for a loss, in his sophomore year. But I think he was one of these kids who matured early and didn't grow quite as much in college as some other guys do.  

In his junior year at MD, he was listed at 5'10" 195 lbs. By his senior in college, he was listed at 5'10"(sometimes at 5'11") and 210 (sometimes 215) lbs. 

I think that's still pretty small for an OLB in the NFL, but you're a better judge than I am. I haven't been following the NFL in a long time. 

Oh , well he wouldve been more of an in the box safety then with those measurements not bad

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pops said:

Your theory has no weight

— how to explain the lack of servite players?  

— how to explain that two of the nations top RBs that played for local NCS baby seals in the last few years weren’t mentioned 

regarding Canyon game I can say that it was never not counted for anything that dls’s D1 state championship win over heavily favored CC (with a 15-2 D1 advantage) was 

sometimes the discussion is just about Opens and NEITHER of those were — DLS didn’t playbin an Open until ‘09 when they finished #1 in state 😘

The lack of mention of Servite players Is easy.  The Servite players that the DLS fans saw were playing football in a swimming pool.  Of course they didn't excel. Apples vs. Oranges

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Blueliner said:

DJ Williams-DLS

Lance Briggs-Elk Grove

Kevin Simon-DLS

Shaq Thompson-Grant

Najee Harris-Antioch 

That Elk Grove team with Lance Briggs in 98 was legit. They would have given DLS a good game. I recall Briggs running for over 300 yards and scoring 5-6 touchdowns against a good Grant squad. What a monster. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Goldmember said:

This is funny.

Tim Tebow couldn't throw a football competently and was dead last in the league in completion percentage (46.5%) but it was the media's fault that he missed all those throws and flunked out of the league.

And 2-time Super Bowl Champion and Hall of Famer John Elway is super jealous of one of the worst 1st round picks in NFL history.

And the quarterback that "jealous" John Elway got to replace Tebow only led the Broncos to 2 Super Bowls appearances and a win.

Tim Tebow is a guy who would be selling insurance today if Urban Meyer didn't decide to go to Gainesville instead of South Bend in 2005.

I know a few Superbowl QB's that were not that good at passing. I'm sure you want to do some research to figure out how many QB's that year had more Interceptions, right. Football isn't just about passing the ball. Tebow could read a defense in a blink, and usually make a good play out of a bad situation. His throwing motion was ugly, so what, lots of good QB's have ugly throwing motions. What you can't teach is Great football sense and Tebow had that. He beat the odds when he took the Bronco's to the playoffs and won more playoff games than any QB in their rookie year that I can remember. Good for you that you are part of that group of Tebow haters. You, the greatest football guru/analyst in the world should  know that even Payton had a worse rookie year than Tebow.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

Ah good one. 

Can you recall the best game you saw him play in HS? 

Easily the 2001 playoff game against St. Ed’s when he rushed for 400 yards and 5 TDs. 

And if I recall correctly, he followed that up with a 300 all-purpose yard performance in a losing effort to eventual champion St. Ignatius the next week. 

• Thanks 1