Best HS player you've seen in person

GrecoRoman

5 hours ago, zulu1128 said:

Affirmative. I actually meant Joe Yearby. Cook played sparingly against Elder in 2011, but Yearby lit it up. 

Actually they both played the same.  It was typical Miami Central.  That was my first glimpse of what Miami Central does.  Yearby and Cook were sophomores when they beat Elder at the Pit.  Both of them went over 100 yards rushing but they needed a 47 yard boot to win the game late.

3 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

Just looked seems elder was not that good that season and got smacked around in state. And MC forfeited every win that season? 

Pretty crazy how cook distanced himself from yearby as a much better pro prospect in college. 

That Elder team played a bunch of sophomores and juniors and were solid the next season.  Just had a bunch of solid football players who were special but could make plays.

3 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

Just looked seems elder was not that good that season and got smacked around in state. And MC forfeited every win that season? 

Pretty crazy how cook distanced himself from yearby as a much better pro prospect in college. 

Elder was 2-8 and is probably the worst Elder team I can remember. 

I watched the end of the game via stream, and Elder did have them beat....dont remember exactly what happened but Miami Central kicked a walk off 39 yd FG. 

According to stats Yearby rushed for 290 yds, but Cook rushed for -21 yds on 2 carries.

19 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

Elder was 2-8 and is probably the worst Elder team I can remember. 

I watched the end of the game via stream, and Elder did have them beat....dont remember exactly what happened but Miami Central kicked a walk off 39 yd FG. 

According to stats Yearby rushed for 290 yds, but Cook rushed for -21 yds on 2 carries.

Cook and Yearby both went over 100.

1 hour ago, World Citizen said:

I just found a photo of Block when Folsom played DLS.  Remember how he didn't show his face...I think that's you and @NorCalRuss, if you would have just looked to your left you would have been $100 richer.  At least you know what that pussy looks like now.  :P

scaredcat.thumb.png.82dd7bd951f51a629622951c95680081.png

I would’ve respected the clown more if he would’ve shown up and had a beer and slice of pizza. 😂

• Like 3

2 hours ago, World Citizen said:

I just found a photo of Block when Folsom played DLS.  Remember how he didn't show his face...I think that's you and @NorCalRuss, if you would have just looked to your left you would have been $100 richer.  At least you know what that pussy looks like now.  :P

scaredcat.thumb.png.82dd7bd951f51a629622951c95680081.png

Now THAT is some funny shit🤣

Are you going to come down for Pitt/Sparty next week? Come on!!!!👍😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Goldmember said:

The level of incompetence and delusion is off the charts.

2011 wasn't Tebow's rookie year. It was his second year. But I'll go along with your ignorance and pretend that 2011 was his rookie year just to appease you.

Tebow: 126 of 271 (46.5%), 1,729 yards, 12 TD's, 6 INTs

Manning: 326 of 575 (56.7%), 3,739 yards, 26 TDs, 28 INTs

Peyton Manning led the league in pass attempts as a rookie. Why? Because they knew he was really, really good and they had a bad team and their only way to compete was to let Peyton sling it.

Tebow had a team that went 13-3 the following year and was the #1 seed in the AFC. Yet somehow being a 46% passer and going 8-8 is some kind of miracle?

The 2012 Broncos removed Tim Tebow and was instantly the #1 seed in the AFC.

By inserting who?

Peyton Manning.

Maybe I missed something here. 

http://www.nfl.com/player/timtebow/497135/careerstats

On 11/2/2018 at 7:53 AM, Goldmember said:

Really? Like who?

A quarterback who is a terrible passer was somehow screwed out of doing a job that, you know, requires being able to throw a football.

Good stuff, guy.

Let’s go old school... Fran Tarkington, Billy Kilmer, Jim Hart all threw ugly ducks....

Regards, 

OneOfYourGangBangDaddys

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 7:03 PM, WpialHSFB said:

Terrelle Pryor (Jeannette, PA)

Phil Jurkovic (Pine Richland, PA)

Shaq Thompson (Grant, CA)

Randy Moss would have been fun to watch in person.

that wpial championship w/ Pryor (can't remember if it was 07 or 08) going up against an undefeated and nearly unscored upon Aliquippa Quips was the best one of all their matchups.  The energy in that place for that game was crazy!!!  Even better than when those two met up in 04' w/ Jayhawks Mike Dent being their secret weapon on the day.

On 11/1/2018 at 12:16 PM, PrepGridiron said:

That is the plan! We need to drag @15yds4gibberish out. One game this year is unacceptable. Hahahaha. 

P.S. if we can get a @GloryDays sighting too, that would make it all worth it. Speaking of @GloryDays, got the Flag Football Unis. My boys are gunning for you this year.

Working on making it out for the Pitt game. 

Already know I have a double shift on 11/16, which sucks because I wanted to see Liberty.

I'll hit you up if I'm gonna make it.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2018 at 4:14 PM, THEOC89 said:

Russell White- Crespi H.S.

Derek Brown- Servite

DJ Williams- DLS

Servite vs Crespi in the Late 80's was the Bomb with those 2 dudes going head to head! DJ is the greatest HSFBP I have ever seen!

Saw White at the Big A title game vs. SJB in 86’ and he ran wild. SJB had given the Celts their only loss that year so it was a revenge game. Followed White throughout his HS and Cal career. Was one of the best players I ever saw.

• Like 1

Eddie George would have to be my #1 choice. I played against him (or, more realistically, got run over by) when he was at FUMA in 1991. 

Also played against Todd Helton (all-star 2nd baseman for the Colorado Rockies) when was a QB at Knoxville Central in 1989. He was an all-state (maybe all-American) QB back then. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

Eddie George would have to be my #1 choice. I played against him (or, more realistically, got run over by) when he was at FUMA in 1991. 

Also played against Todd Helton (all-star 2nd baseman for the Colorado Rockies) when was a QB at Knoxville Central in 1989. He was an all-state (maybe all-American) QB back then. 

I'm sure Helton must have been very good in high school, both in football and baseball. Peyton Manning took his QB spot away from him at Tennessee.

I think you meant 1st baseman. Not a lot of left-handed 2nd basemen, especially in the Bigs.

• Haha 1

On 10/30/2018 at 9:30 PM, DLS350 said:

DJ Williams, man amongst boys..

The first DLS game I ever saw was the 1997 playoff game against Pittsburg.  Went with my brother who had been telling me about some powerhouse in the NCS.  After about a quarter and a half, I asked him where DJ Williams was playing next year.

"De La Salle."

Me:  "What?"

"He's only a sophomore."

• Like 2